Eb Games-Trade 3 $8 games and get 69.99 towards any game/preorder!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
The trade 3 weekend is back! 9/19-9/21!!!

NOTICE: ImaginaryKid

I do not want to see any of my posts copy and pasted. I can do that myself. I have my reasons for not posting deals on RFD. CAG is a much nicer community than RFD. If I catch you, I will be sure to PM Cheapy D, and ask him to ban you from CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any games worth doing this for that aren't on a preorder list? Or is this just to grab some great games that are already out?

[quote name='neksus']Any games worth doing this for that aren't on a preorder list? Or is this just to grab some great games that are already out?[/quote]
i'd say the games worth preordering are gears of war 2 collectors edition, resident evil 5 CE, god of war 3, and ff 13. i believe this trade 3 weekend is valid on any upcoming release game and new games that are released within 2 weeks. good thing is that it covers up to 69.99 so its best to put it towards gears of war collectors edition.

EASY.
Buy it at store A on release.
Go to EB and Trade in 3 games when the promo starts.
Get the new game and return it to store A

[quote name='gamer602']I do not want to see any of my posts copy and pasted. I can do that myself. I have my reasons for not posting deals on RFD. CAG is a much nicer community than RFD. If I catch you, I will be sure to PM Cheapy D, and ask him to ban you from CAG.[/quote]

Post a receipt, please! :p Grr. I've been watching here and RFD the last handful of days waiting for a price drop on older stock PS3s (it has to happen, doesn't it?), and the thread there (MGS4 pack) has been pretty ridiculous.

(I guess if people can get a price-match from a receipt, more power to them... maybe? Seems kind of shady to me. The same sort of working store policies is IMO responsible for the changes to Costco's return policy on electronics -- still a great place to buy, though, 'cause they're still offering a better store guarantee than most... hopefully these receipt-matching tactics don't result in too much crackdown on price-match policies.)

But this sort of warning isn't going to do much, so long as this forum can be accessed by anyone, whether they're members or not (and even then people could sign up, lurk and copy-paste).

EDIT: BTW, speaking of the PS3, I love how Future Shop and Best Buy online are ignoring the very existence of the 80GB. Hopefully they're everywhere long before they're out of stock on the 40s.

Okay, I'm just throwing this out there and I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be a resounding no, but here it goes anyways. If I trade in 6 games for two separate games, but later on decide that I want to get Rock Band 2 or GH: World Tour, can I cancel the two individual pre-orders and combine the $140 credit towards one of those two games? Thanks for the help.

thebigboi: No, once your credit is trade 3 you are stuck with trade 3. Any employee moving a trade 3 to a non trade 3 is commiting fraud and would be subject to disipline. It clearly states this in the employee handbook which everyone has read and signed.

sickboy: of course the 80gig core does not exist if you have 40 gig models left over. They are the same price and you would be stuck with all your 40gig till sony makes a price drop. which they probably wont.

Anyone think the value of two worlds will go up in a month ? :8

It was at 7 last week.

Is there a list of games over $8 value? the ebgames site only has about 5 for each system. I'm gonna try and look for some cheap games to trade in. how often do they update their trade in values?

If I preorder Fallout 3: CE or Fable 2 CE which I believe are $79.99, I just have to pay $10 more to get it?

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Okay, I'm just throwing this out there and I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be a resounding no, but here it goes anyways. If I trade in 6 games for two separate games, but later on decide that I want to get Rock Band 2 or GH: World Tour, can I cancel the two individual pre-orders and combine the $140 credit towards one of those two games? Thanks for the help.[/quote]

you can trade 6 games for 2 star wars unleashed, play them for a week and return them for full store credit since they have the promo running for this game, similar to the haze promo. then you can use your credits towards anything you want.:lol:

[quote name='SVxM']If I preorder Fallout 3: CE or Fable 2 CE which I believe are $79.99, I just have to pay $10 more to get it?[/quote]
i believe so my friend.

[quote name='DoubleStop']Is there a list of games over $8 value? the ebgames site only has about 5 for each system. I'm gonna try and look for some cheap games to trade in. how often do they update their trade in values?[/quote]
here is the site where you can check the trade in values at ebgames, but im not sure how accurate this site is cause tiv changes almost everyday.
http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

[quote name='Pale-Dim']thebigboi: No, once your credit is trade 3 you are stuck with trade 3. Any employee moving a trade 3 to a non trade 3 is commiting fraud and would be subject to disipline. It clearly states this in the employee handbook which everyone has read and signed.[/quote]

I did manage to get around this, actually >_> I went into an EB Games with about 7 games to trade in. After he counted all the values, I said I'd like to use the three cheapest for the T3GF deal, so my receipt was kind of like...

Game 1 - $22
Game 2 - $20 [this would have been a T3]
Game 3 - $15
Game 4 - $35
Game 5 - $20 [T3]
Game 6 - $19.99 [T3]
Game 7 - $12

[It didn't actually say T3 or anything]

And then the bottom of my receipt had the pre-order for Haze. I decided to cancel it for Haze and moved it to NGII. I think the employee just didn't see that I did use the T3GF deal because there were other TIV's. I later just canceled the pre-order all together and paid for most of Skate and Eternal Sonata =D

[quote name='gamer602']EASY.
Buy it at store A on release.
Go to EB and Trade in 3 games when the promo starts.
Get the new game and return it to store A[/quote]

That's not a bad idea. Thanks for that.

i always move my trade 3 titles around, infact i did exactly whaty ou said bigboi, moved two 59.99 games onto rockback2 and ghwt, so 59.99 for rockband 2 software and ghwt bundle had like 64 on it for some reason when i looked at the reciept.

I traded 2 for 70 the other day. But it was GTA 4 with Soul Calibur 4.

Which means if the tales collectors edition ever comes in I'll get it taxless.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']sickboy: of course the 80gig core does not exist if you have 40 gig models left over. They are the same price and you would be stuck with all your 40gig till sony makes a price drop. which they probably wont.[/quote]

At some point, some retailers will have to, or they're going to be sitting on them forever. I was at a Best Buy where they had both on the floor. Who in their right mind is going to buy a 40 there? Likewise, who's going to buy a 40 from Future Shop when all the other stores in a 5-K radius are selling 80s for the same price? (not saying that's the case yet, but it could be)

EB openly acknowledges the fact they've got both systems for $400.. at least the two I frequent do.

yeah if you come in and ask about the 80 i will say i have them. but they are not on the floor. i want to be rid of my last few 40's before i put them 80's on the shelf because sony has told us there is no price drop planned. Sony should do the right thing and drop them 50$ so at least there is no hassle.

bread's done
Back