EB Games - Trade 4 Get Nascar 06 Free

[quote name='schultzed']Anyone know the final sale price? $40 or $50?

Not interested in the game but $12.50 per PO game is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

at ebgames.com it says its 49.99 so this could be a sweet deal for tradeins, basically get any game in the store for $20....

edit: I called and confirmed price in store is 49.99, im def. running to best buy and grabbing 4 $5 games so I can get tiger woods 06 for free!

well when I called EB I asked both if the deal was 4 for 1 (and told yes) and what the retail price was (he had to look it up and it was $50), maybe they plan on changing it to $40 in the future.

[quote name='Sulmona']at ebgames.com it says its 49.99 so this could be a sweet deal for tradeins, basically get any game in the store for $20....

edit: I called and confirmed price in store is 49.99, im def. running to best buy and grabbing 4 $5 games so I can get tiger woods 06 for free![/QUOTE]

How come you referenced Tiger Woods 2006, and not nascar ?

[quote name='stoned99']How come you referenced Tiger Woods 2006, and not nascar ?[/QUOTE]

because you can trade in the games for 40(or 50 i dont know) and cancel your pre-order and get 40 or 50 credit to buy anything

i dont know, what i did was traded in espn college hoops, bad boys ($5 after coupon at BB), Metal Arms ($5 AC), and Midway Arcade Treasures ($5 AC). I would have gotten $10 total for the games, but with this promotion I got $12.50 each, that I will later change to Tiger Woods 06 and maybe do this again so I can pay off Zelda.

darnit, want to take advantage of this deal but i think that the managers here are on high alert for employees who might abuse this deal. and i dont really want nascar 06, lol.

I'd so do this using BB and the $5 off coupon. But the only PO title my BB only has is Metal Arms so this deal isn't going to work for me.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']I'd so do this using BB and the $5 off coupon. But the only PO title my BB only has is Metal Arms so this deal isn't going to work for me.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

u can do it, I once traded in 10 primals at once that I got for .50 each from TRU during the trade two get an extra $10 promo EB ran awhile back. i am apparently now infamous in my EB due to my work on these trade in deals.

It's all YMMV. Some EBs/clerks will take multiple copies of the same game, some won't.

I'm infameous at my EB as well... and 2 of the 4 people working there are cool to me- everytime I walk in, they grin and ask me what deal I came up with today (though it's CAGers that usually find these deals). I don't always have one but when I do, they're pretty helpful. If I get the manager and/or his son, I just don't try.

But one thing they won't let me do is trade is multiple copies of one game on the same day. I can trade in one copy of Metal Arms (that's all my BB has to make a worthwhile deal) per day but that's it.

[quote name='Sulmona']so they dont have Bad Boys or Midway Arcade Treasures or MTV Celebrity Deathmatch?[/QUOTE]

This deal really needs more attention, for a maximum of 20$ using the BestBuy 5$ coupons you can get a 50$ game of your choice.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58353

Use JRBernal83's PO list to figure out the games to buy.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60311

Why your choice, because once you've preordered it you can switch it to something else.

I traded the following:

PS2 Trivial Pursuits, 3.50 clearance at Walmart
XBOX Top Spin, 5.50 clearance at walmart
PS2 Bad Boys, 5$ after BestBuy Coupon
PS2 MTV Wrestling, 5$ after BestBuy Coupon.

This deal is as good as the GR preorder deal.

This sounds like a great deal (perhaps even better than 3 for GT4). I'm going to try this tomorrow and see how it goes. Thank you, OP.

Is there anything on EB's site that says what games they take for the deal? I would like to do it, but I can't find anything about it.

quick question (sorry if already asked) but when you trade in games for these type of deals, does it matter if they're complete or not?

I did this deal today. And the guy behind the counter didn't even know about this deal. I ended up trading in the following:

- ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2)
- ESPN NHL 2K5 (PS2)
- Smuggler's Run 2 (PS2)
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)

And the price came out as $50 instead of the $40 they advertise on their website which is good for me. The reason is because I did this deal planning on cancelling it to get a different game. How long do you guys usually wait before going back in and cancelling the order?

[quote name='Chuck Stank']I did this deal today. And the guy behind the counter didn't even know about this deal. I ended up trading in the following:

- ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2)
- ESPN NHL 2K5 (PS2)
- Smuggler's Run 2 (PS2)
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)

And the price came out as $50 instead of the $40 they advertise on their website which is good for me. The reason is because I did this deal planning on cancelling it to get a different game. How long do you guys usually wait before going back in and cancelling the order?[/QUOTE]

what I usually do is wait til the game is released, have them call and say its ready for pickup and say I am out of town for the week (they only hold preorders for 48 hrs i think) so just throw the money down on a different game.

[quote name='stoned99']Has anyone had problems ordering multiple copies of a game and cancelling them?[/QUOTE]
i wouldn't suggest going to the same EB and doing that.

Well, I just cancelled my pre-order and bought Battlefield 2 with the $50. And the guy asked me why I'm cancelling and I told him my PS2 died (which isn't true) and he was like "ok."

[quote name='urzishra14']i wouldn't suggest going to the same EB and doing that.[/QUOTE]

generally I wouldnt do it unless u have different clerks or have someone else do it for u

[quote name='stoned99']Has anyone had problems ordering multiple copies of a game and cancelling them?[/QUOTE]

i was told that the return / pre-order switch wasn't permitted and that what would happen is they would look at your purchase reciept and just give you the actual trade credit (rather than the deal-enhanced) credit back, i was told this was heavily emphasized by corporate

so i would say proceed at your own risk (on the other hand, even if you don't want the game, it still is a good deal as you can always ebay it)

[quote name='andrew333']i was told that the return / pre-order switch wasn't permitted and that what would happen is they would look at your purchase reciept and just give you the actual trade credit (rather than the deal-enhanced) credit back, i was told this was heavily emphasized by corporate

so i would say proceed at your own risk (on the other hand, even if you don't want the game, it still is a good deal as you can always ebay it)[/QUOTE]

yeah um definitely not true, ive been using tradein deals to my advantage for years and they dont do shit, i believe the computer doesnt have a record of your credit being traded in for a promo. And also, what if you wanted to return the game after you bought it? The receipt doesnt say all sales final.

[quote name='andrew333']i was told that the return / pre-order switch wasn't permitted and that what would happen is they would look at your purchase reciept and just give you the actual trade credit (rather than the deal-enhanced) credit back, i was told this was heavily emphasized by corporate

so i would say proceed at your own risk (on the other hand, even if you don't want the game, it still is a good deal as you can always ebay it)[/QUOTE]

Go in with your ID and cancel instead of showing your receipt.

bread's done
Back