EB Games upgrade 360 deal

broccoli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was in EB Games taking advantage of the "trade 3" deal, when the clerk told me that starting Sept 6th, there will be a deal.

Trade your old 360 WITH THE 20gb hardrive.. and 3 games, and you get a brand new 360 (which has HDMI)with the 60 gig hardrive, and Gears of War 1. I told him I thought that deal was killler!

Then his boss, who was doing something next to us, said on top of the 3games you trade in, you also have to add $119! Which significantly cools the deal off, but might be worth it to upgrade to HDMI (my main reason for wanting to do this).

They argued a minute about whether or not you have to give 119 dollars or not. So, it's hard to say if it's the 3 games + $$, or just the 3 games.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this. Maybe someone else can clarify if you only have to give the 3 games with your console, or add 120 on top of it.

Doesn't seem like all that great of a deal... unless you've got a bum 360. If they gave you the option to transfer the data off of your old HDD then it might be worth it, but I'm not a fan of this deal. If you have to pay the $120 it's no good, but if it was only trade 3 it could be a decent deal.

I hope its trade three OR 120.

Not both. Both would be terrible.

How do you get the memory off a 360 anyway would a memory card suffice and what would need saving (aka what would I not be able to get back when I migrate my profile to the new 260) And what about things like the wonder pack for Civiliation Revolution thing I didn't pay for but got with a code.

[quote name='Lockescythe']

How do you get the memory off a 360 anyway would a memory card suffice and what would need saving (aka what would I not be able to get back when I migrate my profile to the new 260) And what about things like the wonder pack for Civiliation Revolution thing I didn't pay for but got with a code.[/quote]

A memory card is enough for most things, but not all. Some saves are locked unless you have that disc transfer kit that you can send away for. Off the top of my head I can't remember anything specific that is locked, other than maybe PDZ? It's been a while since I backed up my saves...

As for the Civ Rev thing, was it an exclusive code thing not otherwise found on the marketplace? If it's on the marketplace you can just redownload it, but if not then that's a great question...

Good deal, unless you have to add the $120... terrible if that's the case

well thats what tempts me even though my 360 is supposed to be falcon and seems like it is falcon. (go pro on the box and checked model and it says it is) I still don't like being non warrantied. This would give me a way to egt a warranty. How do I send away for a data transfer kit?

civ rev was a exclusive code thing not otherwise found on the marketplace

Even if it was 3 games only i bet anything they will have a list of only a few recent games that they will accept.
But this is GS/EB here it will probably be with some $$$

So a person with a used dirty old launch 360 of questionable workability can take it in with 3 cheap used game they got from bbv or something and get a new 60gb 360 and gow1 straight up?
Yea right. :roll:

I heard about this deal earlier, and I knew there had to be a catch. The 120 dollars extra is what I expected. For anyone holding out hoping that you only have to trade in your old system and 3 games to get a new one, think logically. EB games happens to be a business, said business will not make any money taking old beat up systems plus 3 games and giving a brand new system in return.

[quote name='Lockescythe']And what about things like the wonder pack for Civiliation Revolution thing I didn't pay for but got with a code.[/quote]

For those kind of items (or anything you've downloaded really) you just go to the marketplace blade, select Account Management, then select Download History and you can re-download absoulutely everything you have ever downloaded on your Gamertag.

Thanks for this, my 360 has been close to breaking down lately (sometimes the video doesn't work) and is out of warranty so I'll definitely be doing it. 110 for a refurbished POS or 120 for a brand new system with a bigger hard drive...

why not just buy the cheap 360 with HDMI for 199 and plop your HDD on it? sell the 360 for $100 and keep the extra joystick and games.

[quote name='scary perry']why not just buy the cheap 360 with HDMI for 199 and plop your HDD on it? sell the 360 for $100 and keep the extra joystick and games.[/quote]

Do they offer a 100 TIV for a Premium 360 at EB?

I was at EB today and I can confirm this deal. It is 20gb + 3 games + $119.99 for 60gb version. Console should be in working condition.

none of you are seeing the main advantage: new warranty. Microsoft is sending you a refurbed 360 for the 3rd time and your warranty is almost up? trade it in.= and get a new warranty.

+bigger hdd +hopefully better design

I don't see how this is necessarily a bad deal? You are getting a larger HDD/HDMI/New Three year warranty. It seems like a pretty fair trade off to me. Do we know if it is any games or specific ones? Also, I'm curious to know how much they would charge for an upgrade to an elite?

bread's done
Back