EB Games will not take GH or RB Instruments in Trade

Wait, they won't accept them at all anymore? Or they won't accept them towards an offer (such as trade 3 get 1 free)?

The last time I checked, it was some time ago, the ones near me would take the guitars but not anything else, even though I have seen mics.
They said that since there were so many issues with them that they had to release so many different models, they did not even want to mess with it.
I assume that they were specificly talking about the drums and maybe even the early Rock Band guitars.

from what I understand the reason is because they take up so much room and the ability to make sure the product works (ie, test it) is almost impossible in most stores.

That's a good point - with all the defects and no easily-accessible demo-units in stores, what would prevent somebody from pawning off their broken accessories?

As soon as I saw how successful these games were and how many people were buying them, all I was thinking about is when will every game/pawn shop in the world going to be overwhelmed with hundreds of shitty plastic guitars and mics that don't even work anymore. And this is why Rock Band guitars sell for $50+ online now, with EB not carrying used ones anymore, you will be forced to head online and drive the price up even more.

I just took my RB1 guitar and mic to ebgames in MN- they took them, they just don't take the drums, too much space... I got 4 bucks for each piece- they sell the uitar for like 39.99- ripoffs!

I know this post in under the Canadian section(and im here is south florida, but i think its safe to assume the same thing) but on a side note, i just came back from EB/GS and an employee there told me that on Jan 9th, they will stop taking in Xbox 1 games.

So if you have Xbox 1 games lying around, trade them in now before they stop taking them(knowing EB/GS, they will probably credit you with a few dollars for the games :roll: like solidusdeus mention and resell them for like 5 times the amount they gave you)

Can we update tivs.ca with Genesis titles? There's a few I'd like to sell. =)

For what its worth, every EB I've been in has had more used guitars than 2K* games, so maybe its just overstock.

If you want to pawn off drums, it should be a cinch through Craigslist or any other site. There's a huge demand for GHWT drums. They aren't sold on their own, and if EB won't take them in trade, there's no other used market for them.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I remember seeing someone trade in their SNES titles, and they had Chrono Trigger. I think the TIV was like $5.[/quote]

Please tell me the guy was quickly punched out and beaten senseless afterwards.

$5? Geez. How tempting must it be for an EB employee to say "Look, dude, I'll give you $10 cash for this."

Of course, I'm sure that game gets inventoried, put behind the counter, and then immediately purchased for $14.99 minus employee discount. =)

[quote name='kathos']Please tell me the guy was quickly punched out and beaten senseless afterwards.[/quote]

GAHHHHHHHH!!!... thats bullshit.

SNES? ... i know they sell N64s... ...

hmm. i wonder what my SNES super mario world costs :p

Well, I wouldn't even trade my GH games to EB. I'd rather put them on EBay, although in this case Kijiji would be a better option as I don't want to mail this monstrosity. I'd rather sell it to somebody here in Ottawa who would pick it up. Around Xmas 2007, I did EBay the Wii version of GH3 and somebody here was willing to pay any price for it.

I am not surprised since they take up so much room and I'm sure most of the ones they get in are defective. The EB closest to me is completely cramped because of all the boxes of instruments.

bread's done
Back