EB/GameStop 10/10 PS3 Pre-Orders: First come, first serve or reserved spot in line?

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Thought we'd start this disscusion up to see what the real deal is, as employees having been giving out different info.

If a GS/EB store over pre-sells (more pre-sells then systems received), is it?

1) First come, first serve, as long as you have your pre-order slip. The first PS3 pre-order of the day from October 10th has no importance over the last PS3 pre-order of the day. Show up first on November 17th before they run out and "The Winner is You". Meanwhile, if you pre-ordered 1st on October 10th and your alarm clock fails to wake you and they "sell out"...well...massive damage.

2) You have a gauranteed "spot in line". They will hold the systems for the first X amount of people who pre-ordered, in the order of people who pre-ordered first (for 24 hours). If a store only gets 15 systems in and you are number 16 of those who pre-ordered on October 10th, then you are SOL (unless someone ahead of you didn't pick up their pre-order after X amount of time).

If it is situation number 1, would paying off your pre-order ahead of time (in full) help your situation?

All I've heard is that it will be first-come first-serve among those with preorders if they underdeliver. And nothing would "help" unless you're cool with the manager, though any action he took would probably risk his job.

Come on! Standing outside from 2 AM is part of the whole Launch Experience. Remember Kids - Console Launches are the happiest time of the year!

I was told it was option 1, and that was after a very lengthy discussion with the manager about it, since it didn't seem clear at first. My store gave out 16 preorders, as that's how many they expect to receive. However, if something happens and they get less than the allocated amount of units, it'll be a free for all.

I think the best bet would be to call your store the week of the launch to see how many they got in, and to see if you have to camp or not. I'm number one in line, and I'll probably end up heading over at around 6 am if they get less than 16 (even though our preorder line was about 5 people long, and I doubt any other people who preordered besides our 5 know this free-for-all stuff).

when i went to preorder the manager had us write down our names on a sheet of paper and he said he would go down the list and personally call everyone to pick up their system. pretty much guaranteed the system as long as they get it in. if they get in 10 and your 12 on the list your out of luck, but the first 10 on that list would get theirs. he also said anyone camping outside in hopes of scoring one without preordering he would send away.

At my Gamestop, as the systems come in, the manager is going to count them and call people in the order they were in line and tell the lucky people that were early enough in the line that they get to come and pick up their PS3.

bread's done
Back