Eb/gamestop New Ace Combat 5 Flight Stick Bundle $60

fatbeer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I'm not sure is this old or not,when I browsing eb store I found ace combat 5 flight stick bundle with a tag for $69.99.When I ask the employee to price check the item the total came out to $60.Good luck,finding it! The bundle is pretty hard to find since 20,000 copies were made.

[quote name='paean']Can you use the flightstick for other AC games or PC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it works for AC4, AC0, and Aero Elite Combat Academy. It MIGHT work on Air Force Delta Strike too. Not sure about Lethal Skies 1 & 2 though. Doesn't work on Sky Odyssey or any PS1 titles.

Never tried my stick on a PC but I hear it works fine as long as you have the right drivers.

I searched for this about 2 months ago just because I remember the used price on it there wasn't that bad, area was cleaned out, congrats to those that manage to find it

SCORE!!!! Picked one up at my local EB games... Just sitting on a shelf above the register in plain sight.

Brand new, still $60. Where is the info that only 20,000 were made?

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']SCORE!!!! Picked one up at my local EB games... Just sitting on a shelf above the register in plain sight.

Brand new, still $60. Where is the info that only 20,000 were made?[/QUOTE]

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2004/9/28-64

[quote name='gaming age'] The Ace Combat 5 premium bundle set will be available in a limited edition quantity of 20,000 and will be sold at Electronics Boutique and GameStop outlets nationwide beginning October 25th, the day of launch for Ace Combat 5. Consumers who purchase the premium set will also receive an exclusive Wardog Squadron Jacket Patch.[/quote]

this thing is getting pretty rare.i actually found another one a few weeks ago to ebay it.

Bleh. I never even saw this when it was new in my home area. I'd love to get my hands on one. Ah well, while the Government is paying for me to stay here in Virginia for 2 weeks maybe I can find one.

First off, my compliments to those that find these cheap! That's amazing they are STILL out there!!!

Secondly, though I bought this unit new in the box, I never opened it. Always figured I'd find time eventually and play the game... but to this point, I never have. But it NEVER occured to me I might be able to use the flightstick and throttle with the PC, despite using my Driving Force Pro wheels with both PS2 and PC, etc!

So, I went searching. Seems the page to go to is found here...

http://www.tamanegi.org/prog/hfsd/

I downloaded the 0.4.2 binary, not being able to read most of that page. But that seems to be the last driver release. With any luck, this will give me something new to play with on my PC. Maybe I'll pick up the new Flight Simulator after all. ;)

Thanks again for the thread. Nice to know my flightstick may be more useful than I thought!!! :)

[quote name='coolsteel']Got one off ebay myself a few months back, learning to play with them is a pretty big change.[/quote]

I've never played flight sims on the PS2, always preferred using the sticks on the PC.

This is turing into a great temptation to keep. Though I'll trade it for a Wii or a 360.

Seriously though, I *might* consider selling to a fellow CAG who is willing to pay the original retail of $130 + Shipping.

Lightning strikes Twice!

Visited the store again today, and they had ANOTHER bundle out on the floor! This one in better condition than the first.

Snapped it up ;)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm calling every store in AZ with no luck. If anyone would sell this to me, please let me know![/quote]

Don't see it on gamestop at all...even using the "show backordered" option

This thing is monstrous to ship :(

It's going for $280 used on Amazon, $300 new. Haven't researched ebay yet.

bread's done
Back