(EB/GS) $79.99 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition

What they need to do is show more details in the form of pictures. I pre-ordered this the other week, but still.

The artbook is 240-some pages long, but if it's the size of a PS3 case then what the hell is the point. Also what does the custom case look like? who knows.

I'm just going to hope they show pictures closer to release date, or go into EB on release day (ugh with all the CoD tards lining up no doubt) and check out both editions myself.

Boy I really don't like them charging full price for this one, but I guess that's MS for you. No way I'm going for the $20 art book, though, special edition's going to have to do better than that.

[quote name='Opopanax']Boy I really don't like them charging full price for this one, but I guess that's MS for you. No way I'm going for the $20 art book, though, special edition's going to have to do better than that.[/QUOTE]
It's the same price on both platforms :roll:
I do wish it was more 'special' but I'll take what I can get

I love MGS and would be up for spending extra cash on a LE but this appears to be nothing more than the game and an art book and costs $35 more than my BestBuy pre-order. Not happening, sorry Kojima.

Like with my MGS4 Limited Edition, I'm waiting until this hits 10 bucks, 20 tops. Make it so, Snake!

[quote name='poiuiu']Like with my MGS4 Limited Edition, I'm waiting until this hits 10 bucks, 20 tops. Make it so, Snake![/QUOTE]

Might not be the case this go-around. The MGS3: Subsistance LE is highly sought after and quite rare nowadays, and the MGS: Peace Walker LE is more rare now, as well. I'd say the abundance of the MGS4 LE was an exception, not the rule. Still, $79.99 is quite high compared to other HD re-releases like Tomb Raider, Sly Collection, Prince of Persia, etc. Should be $49.99-$59.99 for the MGS LE, nothing more than that.

[quote name='Variation']It's the same price on both platforms :roll:
[/QUOTE]

I know, I just meant since all the PS3 exclusive ones have been $39.99. I'm guessing there's a connection between the fact that this one is one Xbox and is $20 more.

[quote name='Opopanax']Boy I really don't like them charging full price for this one, but I guess that's MS for you. No way I'm going for the $20 art book, though, special edition's going to have to do better than that.[/QUOTE]

Monkey scrotum?

[quote name='Opopanax']I know, I just meant since all the PS3 exclusive ones have been $39.99. I'm guessing there's a connection between the fact that this one is one Xbox and is $20 more.[/QUOTE]
Not trying to be an ass (comes natural), but you're lacking in knowledge of publishers. The other PS2 HD collections were first party games published by Sony. This collection is from Komami. Konami is a different publisher than Sony. MS has nothing to do with Sony or Konami. Capcom is also a different publishing company than Konami, for future reference.

[quote name='telepathy']Well, jeffx, I could buy the LE from gamestop & we could swap :p[/QUOTE]

Not quite the same price lol Im on the fence about this one. 60 or 70 would be ok but 80.,...

I can see this being more expensive than regular HD collection given this has Peace walker, and the care its been given.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Not quite the same price lol Im on the fence about this one. 60 or 70 would be ok but 80.,...

I can see this being more expensive than regular HD collection given this has Peace walker, and the care its been given.[/QUOTE]

The regular edition also has Peace Walker.
480px-E3-2011-metal-gear-solid-3ds-box-screens-060712_1307506132.jpg

[quote name='game_fanatic']Might not be the case this go-around. The MGS3: Subsistance LE is highly sought after and quite rare nowadays, and the MGS: Peace Walker LE is more rare now, as well. I'd say the abundance of the MGS4 LE was an exception, not the rule. [/QUOTE]

I know. However, since I already own all three, there's no real rush for me to get this. I can still wait until either versions get to the magic cheapass price I'm willing to spend. :)

[quote name='True Kronic']Not trying to be an ass (comes natural), but you're lacking in knowledge of publishers. The other PS2 HD collections were first party games published by Sony. This collection is from Komami. Konami is a different publisher than Sony. MS has nothing to do with Sony or Konami. Capcom is also a different publishing company than Konami, for future reference.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I take it back. I guess that's Konami for you, then.

MGS3 Subsistence LE was worth it and has aged well, becoming incredibly rare. Never released in Canada.

MGS4 LE was a time a dozen and was pretty much fire sale'd at Future Shop by the end.

Which one this proves to be will be interesting. It does little to interest me though, I can't justify paying ~25/game for some updated visuals. Not to mention, busting my ass to get all the camos in MGS3 is of no value in the "updated" edition.

Now at a 20 or 30 price point, we could talk (SE that is).

[quote name='Rocky071']MGS3 Subsistence LE was worth it and has aged well, becoming incredibly rare. Never released in Canada.[/QUOTE]
Not true, got mine here in Canada, thought my EB ever only got one. It's still sealed :cool:

[quote name='trippingmartian']What is an MGS collection without MGS or Twin Snakes?[/QUOTE]
One that doesn't include games with outdated graphics. Oh, except it comes with Metal Gear 1&2...

[quote name='trippingmartian']What is an MGS collection without MGS or Twin Snakes?[/QUOTE]

I agree about Twin Snakes. Not the original MGS, it doesn't need wide-screen/HD/trophy support.

bread's done
Back