EB/GS Deal of the Day

I managed to snag a copy of Blur. Sadly, it was an open copy. Bleh! That's not the worst part though. Some guy came after me and cleaned out all the remaining copies - 3 of them. So I guess I kinda lucked out.

If you guys are buying Blur today I highly recommend you either go early or PM the game elsewhere, because the hoarders are out in full force.

Bought 2 copies of BLUR traded 1 at BlockBuster for 17.50$. Occassions are rare to make some money with trade-ins :p

Most stores had less than 3-4 copies to begin with

Your best chance is to PM at FS/BB. Print the page AND the stock page from gamestop.ca (to discourage them from calling)

Good luck.

Just picked up a copy of Blur. Still a lot of copies at my local EB (Quartier Dix-30). Then again, I think I'm one of the few gamers in my neighborhood.

I also saw used copies of Perfect Dark Zero and Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for $4.99 as well as Borderlands for $19.99 (not sure if that's standard price now) in the bargain bin.

I picked up Blur at the Eb on young st. They only had one person come in before me.
They are also limiting it to one per person so you have a pretty good chance of getting a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to PM at Best Buy in Montreal (Lasalle), as the gamestop/ebgames were out of stock in the mall, but it was a no go. The BB employee, even though the gamestop website showed it was in stock, still called a bunch of ebgames stores and found out it was a deal of the day. She almost looked relieved to find out it was. Anyways, YMMV with this, but it's worth a shot, depends on the employee...

FS/BB have exclusive versions, likely with a different UPC/SKU, so that's one strike against PM'ing.

Couldn't find a copy myself and the couple locations I called were already sold out. Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised because it's a really good price for a good game. And of course the hoarders are all over it as well.

Well my local EB didn't have any copies of Blur. Oh well, I'm not a huge racing fan anyways, but for $5 it was worth a check!

edit: just to add, jesussss I am glad I don't live in the GVR region. Between GVRTrader and that wesdon dude on RFD, there'd be no games left. He bought like 35 copies of Blur over the course of the day. How does EB not limit these one-day deals? It's a simple concept; if it's a daily doorcrasher, how can one person door crash 17 times??

Last edited by a moderator:
One store here was all out, the other had 2 left about 2pm (always been 1 per customer here). COD3 was on the deal rack stickered $49.97. I figured wrong sticker it will scan right...csr scanned it and insisted $49.97 was the price. He knew something was wrong with it but wouldn't sell it for less so just got blur

What I dont get with those idiots on rfd is, why brag about it non stop? So now GVR has inspired that other guy to try the same thing. Are they that dumb they don't see it would be their own self interest to keep quiet? Its like their desperate to get some anonymous people online to recognize their "achievement"

oops, hadnt read that thread tonight so it looks like I copied that from what they are talking about too.

My fiancee was able to snag the last copy I could find in Edmonton. I was even up early this morning to try and order a copy online. I had hoped to grab another one for my brother since he just lost his job but I guess someone getting 17.50 in fake money is better.

I couldn't find a single copy of Blur, I wasn't surprised. I'll try next time if it comes up in some future DotD, hopefully TIVs drop off.

My day wasn't a waste though. I noticed Zeller's had official name brand regular strength Bankers Box 2-packs on sale for $4.50. Staples charges ~$3+ each (if you buy a 4-pack or something) for flimsy knock-offs. Bankers Boxes are the greatest DVD/CD storage solution ever, they're virtually perfectly sized to fit stockpiles of games :)

I told my brother to check, but he forgot (since I wouldn't be able to visit a eb games today). Well it sound like it would've been in vain anyway, so no a huge lost on my part.

Wow, lots of horror stories. My buddy and I went together and each got a copy. I feel like a turd since I only used mine as a trade qualifier at FS for Dead Space 2.

[quote name='bumblebee064']Wow, lots of horror stories. My buddy and I went together and each got a copy. I feel like a turd since I only used mine as a trade qualifier at FS for Dead Space 2.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. If you only bought one copy to trade, I have no problem with that. It's seeing people with an armful of games that ticks me off a bit.

[quote name='ejamer']I dunno. If you only bought one copy to trade, I have no problem with that. It's seeing people with an armful of games that ticks me off a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone's entitled to buying 1 copy and doing whatever the hell they want with it.

gamestopcanada GameStop Canada
Today's Deals of the Day include: Haze PS3 for $4.89, MLB 09 PS3 for $4.89, NBA 09 PS3 for $4.89.

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']is haze worth $5?[/QUOTE]

I heard bad things about it. That being said, I still bought it for my collection of games I'll never play. :)

I'm sure they sold Haze for $5 before.. I don't think it's worth it cause there's no trophy support on top of being a generic FPS w/ a bad gimmick thrown in.

BTW guys, there's no need to rush today's deal. EB/Gamestop stores should have plenty of copies of all 3 games and all factory sealed to boot.

[quote name='Jouvert']BTW guys, there's no need to rush today's deal. EB/Gamestop stores should have plenty of copies of all 3 games and all factory sealed to boot.[/QUOTE]

I have a funny feeling that the weekend deals will be in the same category ...

picked up Haze no problem. I think it was Apollo Creed who wanted to go thru the co-op. It's always a treat when a game support co-op. Almost as rare as the games that support local 2+players.

[quote name='kyle071785']is EB continuing this DotD sale into February as well? Would be nice if this was a year-round thing[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah it would.

[quote name='kyle071785']is EB continuing this DotD sale into February as well? Would be nice if this was a year-round thing[/QUOTE]

I don't know to be honest, But i highly doubt they will. only 1 good deal was in this month's DotD Sale ( Singularity )

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I don't know to be honest, But i highly doubt they will. only 1 good deal was in this month's DotD Sale ( Singularity )[/QUOTE]

I disagree; both Excitebots and Blur were hot, and Wolverine was good too (though it's been that price before). I was lucky enough to previously find Excitebots at Rogers for $3.75, though.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']I don't know to be honest, But i highly doubt they will. only 1 good deal was in this month's DotD Sale ( Singularity )[/QUOTE]

I think the Singularity and Blur deals were huge. Those are great, under appreciated games. It's unfortunate that the developers likely won't see any profits from these sales, but at least this way maybe word of mouth will spur others to pick up those titles. As for the deals continuing, I can only hope.

dude there were some gems here. ExciteTruck is still $10 bucks higher than ExciteBots. Those games never come down in price, and at $5 I could argue it was the best deal of the sale. Just because Wolverine has been on sale before doesn't mean it's any less of a good deal. I hear good things about Resistance and one day I'll have a PSP to play my copy.

@ Derfel bumblebee064 Wolfkin

i guess your all right when you put it that way, but i meant for the gaming platform of my choice ( i do have a PSP but i can't stand playing it cause of the one thumbstick and sometimes camera controls... for example i'm at the final boss for Size Matters and he's too hard for me ) so i never bothered with Resistance Retribution and i thought it was also a good deal. I just don't play on the 360 anymore and the Wii is just sitting their for bowling or when ever someone comes over to play it ( working on Twilight Princess and i still have Metroid Prime Trilogy to play but it's hard for me too get into cause i'm not use too the motion control looking around and shooting )

so yea Blur was good if you own and or play a 360 and the Wii Excitebots or whatever was good if you do abit of gaming on the Wii but i just stick too the PS3 this is why i was hoping i could get games like Transformers and QoS for PS3 ( even tho i was told Transformers was horrible ... it can't be more horrible then Damnation .. or Genji Days Of The Blade ) and while i agree Wolveriene was a good deal it came up one too many times and also i rented and completed it for a platinum 2 years ago so no need for me too really buy it.

I would love too see them continue the DotD tho ( especially in Feb ) then great more deals for us to look forward too :)

I will admit I got in on the DoTD for Cloudy/Meatballs for someone :D More as a joke gift for the easy trophies though, doubt I'll ever play it myself. But for $5 that's a deal too.
I don't wish PSP Resistance on anyone, not even for $5. The controls were terrible, just like Dark Mirror on PSP.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']i guess your all right when you put it that way, but i meant for the gaming platform of my choice[/QUOTE]oh.. well in that case it's a better argument.
[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I will admit I got in on the DoTD for Cloudy/Meatballs for someone :D More as a joke gift for the easy trophies though, doubt I'll ever play it myself. But for $5 that's a deal too.
I don't wish PSP Resistance on anyone, not even for $5. The controls were terrible, just like Dark Mirror on PSP.[/QUOTE]no no no.. don't tell me that. I look forward one day to actually playing Resistance (and not just co-op online) and having fond memories of the games.. all of them. You know darn well I don't want Res:psp: to suck. I'm already annoyed that Locks Quest:ds: is sucking balls because .. well I'll blog about it but man.

[quote name='Wolfkin']oh.. well in that case it's a better argument.
no no no.. don't tell me that. I look forward one day to actually playing Resistance (and not just co-op online) and having fond memories of the games.. all of them. You know darn well I don't want Res:psp: to suck. I'm already annoyed that Locks Quest:ds: is sucking balls because .. well I'll blog about it but man.[/QUOTE]

OK well I didn't like it, but you may be more forgiving than I was. I can think of a few games I thought were fine control-wise that others complain about incessantly, especially PSP games. And I really wanted to get into the PS3 Resistance 2 mission overlap/functionality, but never bothered. :p
My GOD I hope the PSP2's new control scheme really solves the control issues the system sometimes has.

[quote name='Wolfkin'] I'm already annoyed that Locks Quest:ds: is sucking balls[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Paid 5$ but still havent played it.

Uncharted 2 GOTY - $19.99
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time - $9.99

Those were the deals when I was at EB today. Picked up Uncharted and will be trading in my regular editon for $17.50 :D

hope the website is updated. this would make a nice price match opportunity.
[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Oh really? Paid 5$ but still havent played it.[/QUOTE]I'm not that far into it and i don't know if you remember the ds download demo but the short version is two major problems.

1) if you're left handed it sucks. It's one of those touch and move games but only the d-pad moves. the buttons don't do anything so you have to do claw like maneuvers so all us south paws play the game at half speed and this is a tower defense game. speed is everything

2) the isometric view they use is pretty and cute but it's bollocks for targeting. You can't see where the ground is because it's hidden behind rocks and trees and stuff. So where you might think that you've sealed the west border all the enemies walk around your towers because you left a two block gap.

There's a few more issues but those are the major possible deal-breakers.

My local EB was out of stock but I price-matched it at a nearby Source. Nice deal. Been wanting to play it for a while now.

even though I beat it I'd like to own Uncharted but Uncharted 2 G.O.T.Y. for $19 (tax included) at BestBuy via price match is a sweet score.

Here's hoping that this is a sign that Futureshop and Bestbuy will drop the price sometime soon! No way I'm driving under a threat of a snow storm!

bread's done
Back