EB/GS Deal of the Day

[quote name='ragnar14']What was the price when you posted this? It's showing $55 now...[/QUOTE]

yeah it was $9.98 but i went too late to print out it was $54 for me as well. burn scotiabank. I deposited the funds in cash at an ATM and it took 2 days to clear and cost me this deal.

I just went to EB and grabbed one at $10 (I got a sealed one too), they seemed to have plenty of stock. It's just a pity not to get it for $6 :bouncy:
If you swing by an EB in the morning you might luck out and find one that hasn't been repriced yet, it's worth a look ;)

[quote name='thegamecubist']Yeah; when S&P came out, if you preordered it you got 500 points to spend in the Wii Shop Channel. I think James Soprano is talking about the Club Nintendo Coins you have to redeem on online to get that kitschy stuff.[/QUOTE]

yea i thought that was the same points the other person was talking about haha.

Here's the upcoming deals of the day according to the folks on RFD:

Facebreaker (360) will be $4,89 this Monday
IronMan 2 (360) will be $4,89 Tuesday
Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) will be $4,89 this Thursday
Guitar Hero 3 (Wii) will be $4,89 this Friday
Guitar Hero Smash Hits will be $4,89 this Friday (Wii)

[quote name='thegamecubist']BWii sounds like a good buy. Always wanted to play the GCN one; this will have to do.[/QUOTE]

If you live near by, go to The Source in Dixie Mall Mississauga, there's like a billion copies of Battalion Wars for the Gamecube. But I think BW2 is great for that price, my friend bought it years ago and loved it.

[quote name='Jouvert']Here's the upcoming deals of the day according to the folks on RFD:

Guitar Hero Smash Hits will be $4,89 this Friday (Wii)[/QUOTE]

Those are not deals , they are leftovers that need to be sold no matter what :(

[quote name='Jouvert']BTW, guys. DO NOT waste your money on Facebreaker (any version).[/QUOTE]

I heartily endorse the above quote. The game is awful.

And to add insult to injury, EA has closed the servers ... so it is no longer possible to get the online achievements (if you play on the 360).

[quote name='Jouvert']Here's the upcoming deals of the day according to the folks on RFD:

Guitar Hero Smash Hits will be $4,89 this Friday (Wii)[/QUOTE]

Wednesday's Deal Feb 16
DJ Hero 1 (Wii) $4.89
http://www.gamestop.ca/wii/games/dj-...oftware/305965

DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable (Wii) $49.89
http://www.gamestop.ca/wii/games/dj-...n-table/255522

PS if you pricematch at FS you could the game for $0.38 and the bundle for $46.88 ;)

[quote name='afterburn999']Everyone is trying to sell off Guitar Hero since the franchise is now dead.[/QUOTE]

that sounds hot to me hope they start selling some guitars cheap. i need a pS3 guitar

[quote name='JamesSoprano']should i be shocked none of those include PS3

* Sigh *

:cold: Unfreeze me :hot: when a PS3 Deal Comes Up :lol:[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. The Uncharted 2 deal was the only one us PS3 owners got. I'm glad the whole week's deals got posted though, now I don't have to get my hopes up again until the weekend.

Another Wii game for $5 AND one that qualifies for Club Nintendo Coins? Getting Platinum has never been so easy! :bouncy:

[quote name='Eoyote']Another Wii game for $5 AND one that qualifies for Club Nintendo Coins? Getting Platinum has never been so easy! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It actually doesn't qualify for Club Nintendo. It's too old.

They're trying to clear excess stock. I guess they don't have too many PS3 games.

Not sure if I want to grab BW2 again; last time I had it I played a bit and then traded it in. It's a fun game but I don't think I'll have time for it. Might get GHIII though since my brother has been on my case for me trading it in.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']They're trying to clear excess stock. I guess they don't have too many PS3 games.

Not sure if I want to grab BW2 again; last time I had it I played a bit and then traded it in. It's a fun game but I don't think I'll have time for it. Might get GHIII though since my brother has been on my case for me trading it in.[/QUOTE]

it's always a possibility but i saw Blood Drive Friday for PS3 new on shelf and they only had 3 in stock for the 360 when opening the store. * shrugs * i dunno ... who knows

[quote name='Dragon52']It actually doesn't qualify for Club Nintendo. It's too old.[/QUOTE]

I just took a look at the list and you're right. Still worth it for the game alone at that price though.

[quote name='Eoyote']I just took a look at the list and you're right. Still worth it for the game alone at that price though.[/QUOTE]

Just a question, what do they give you for reaching platinum? I just started registering my games and have reached gold, still 200 more to reach platinum but not sure why am I even bothering answering the surveys (well can't really put... Cause the game was 5 dollars at eb games etc)...

[quote name='Faytz']Just a question, what do they give you for reaching platinum? I just started registering my games and have reached gold, still 200 more to reach platinum but not sure why am I even bothering answering the surveys (well can't really put... Cause the game was 5 dollars at eb games etc)...[/QUOTE]

It changes every year.

Last year's prize was a statue of the mushroom kingdom characters. The year prior was a choice between a Mario hat, and a special version of Punchout with Doc Louis.

Gold status usually gives you a calendar.

[quote name='Dragon52']It changes every year.

Last year's prize was a statue of the mushroom kingdom characters. The year prior was a choice between a Mario hat, and a special version of Punchout with Doc Louis.

Gold status usually gives you a calendar.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for the quick reply. So obtaining the platinum sounds like it's worth it. Well still have a good four months to go, and with the 3ds coming out, it shouldn't be that hard getting the points.

[quote name='Faytz']Ah thanks for the quick reply. So obtaining the platinum sounds like it's worth it. Well still have a good four months to go, and with the 3ds coming out, it shouldn't be that hard getting the points.[/QUOTE]

I have points banked up enough to reach plat for the next 10 years lol
Too bad I forgot to register last year. duh

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I have points banked up enough to reach plat for the next 10 years lol
Too bad I forgot to register last year. duh[/QUOTE]

Unless you're talking about making multiple accounts I doubt that very much as each title can only be registered once.

[quote name='Eoyote']Unless you're talking about making multiple accounts I doubt that very much as each title can only be registered once.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? That's dumb. I mean you could be legitally buying 2 copies of the same game to play local coop.

But I still got more than enough with systems.

I have 2 accounts (one is the main account and the other is a "family member" account). Both can accrue points for the same game using 2 different codes. I usually buy the game at launch and trade it in down the road. I re-buy a new copy when it goes on sale and register it on my second account. The coins get added collectively to my main account and both accounts count towards my platinum status for the year. I get 70 coins from the first game and normally only 50 for the second. I save the surveys for when I need a few coins for platinum status towards the end of the year cause they expire approximately 2-3 years after registering.

Well I bought Iron Man 2 online, and threw in Singularity and the Ys Seven LE for PSP, as well. Shipping ended up being free, as well. Not bad! I've heard great things about Ys Seven so I'm pretty pumped!

[quote name='snuter']I save the surveys for when I need a few coins for platinum status towards the end of the year cause they expire approximately 2-3 years after registering.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I don't remember being notified of that. I haven't noticed my points balance go down at all either, and I've done a few of those surveys

Just a quick glance at my club nintendo account and it looks like the surveys expire after approxiamtely 5 years (Donkey country returns was registered on Nov 25, 2010 and the survey expires on Nov 21, 2015). Click on your "home" tab after you login for the dates the surveys expire.

As far as the coins are concerned, here is the info from the "terms & conditions" link which can be accessed via the FAQ:

4. When do my Coins expire?

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued Coins on February 14, 2009, they will expire on June 30, 2011.

Whenever you spend coins on rewards, it uses up the coins with that expire first. Hope that helps.

[quote name='snuter']Just a quick glance at my club nintendo account and it looks like the surveys expire after approxiamtely 5 years (Donkey country returns was registered on Nov 25, 2010 and the survey expires on Nov 21, 2015). Click on your "home" tab after you login for the dates the surveys expire.

As far as the coins are concerned, here is the info from the "terms & conditions" link which can be accessed via the FAQ:

4. When do my Coins expire?

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued Coins on February 14, 2009, they will expire on June 30, 2011.

Whenever you spend coins on rewards, it uses up the coins with that expire first. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, those coins expire?! I better get spending...

I can't stand when companies put expiration dates on things like this. Reminds me of those dick stores that like to expire your gift cards or store credit. I don't see why stuff like this can't be stored until you want to spend it. As it is, everything on Club Nintendo is so dollar store-ish I can't even bring myself to redeem anything :bomb:

EDIT: The FAQ states - "Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?". Where exactly is this info in your account? The only thing I can see under coin transaction history is when they were added.

Today's promo, besides the DJ hero with turntable for $49.89, they also have the renegade edition for $49.89

[quote name='Faytz']Today's promo, besides the DJ hero with turntable for $49.89, they also have the renegade edition for $49.89[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.

I've been watching DJ Hero for a while, thinking it looked like a fun game... but don't have a good storage solution and just haven't been able to justify the pricing (not even sale pricing). The Renegade Edition for $50 adds just enough value because of the convenient case/stand and bonus CDs to be worthwhile.

Nearby store had one left in stock... I'm a happy gamer.

[quote name='ejamer']Thanks for the tip.

I've been watching DJ Hero for a while, thinking it looked like a fun game... but don't have a good storage solution and just haven't been able to justify the pricing (not even sale pricing). The Renegade Edition for $50 adds just enough value because of the convenient case/stand and bonus CDs to be worthwhile.

Nearby store had one left in stock... I'm a happy gamer.[/QUOTE]

It's a fun game, my brother and my friend were playing the whole day when I busted out the DJ hero bundle I got off amazon for $20.

They were taking turns so I was thinking of adding another turntable into the collection so they can play the game together, the dj hero bundle at eb games definitely wasn't hot, but as I was looking for the game (someone said the dj hero game will be $5), I came across this and just bought it online right away. Hopefully it'll arrive by friday.

Saturday's (19th Feb) deal should be Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (PS3) for $4.89 according to RFD. If true, it will likely also be Sunday's deal.

That's sad about BWII's $10 price tag. I remember when it went on sale for that price 3 years ago.

i'm hoping the up coming week is where we are hit with excellent deals. also i'm not talkiing about more Wii Deals or or 360 Deals or wii60 deals i mean PS3 games non Hero games related.

Batallion Wars 2 Wii is underrated. One of the better Wii games out there. I bought it the day it came out for $59.99 but I traded it away later and regretted it, so I picked it up today.

[quote name='Faytz']It's a fun game, my brother and my friend were playing the whole day when I busted out the DJ hero bundle I got off amazon for $20.

They were taking turns so I was thinking of adding another turntable into the collection so they can play the game together, the dj hero bundle at eb games definitely wasn't hot, but as I was looking for the game (someone said the dj hero game will be $5), I came across this and just bought it online right away. Hopefully it'll arrive by friday.[/QUOTE]
Your avatar's awesome. Just doing the third storyline in Fatestay and I'm loving it. Much better then Tsukihime was.

[quote name='mcfart']Your avatar's awesome. Just doing the third storyline in Fatestay and I'm loving it. Much better then Tsukihime was.[/QUOTE]

off topic but totally, Fate stay night is probably one of the better visual novels out there. The third storyline is so dark.... If you like visual novels with a good story I recommend checking out Sharin no Kuni

Friday, Feb 18th

Wii: DJ Hero 2 (software) $9.99
Wii: DJ Hero Wireless Turntable $9.99

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=440

So maybe it would've been a better idea to wait on the DJ Hero experience? I'm still satisfied with the Renegade kit, but the pricing obviously wasn't too hot when you figure that both games and a table could be had for under $30... Meh, still a good enough deal for me.

if only they were PS3 versions oh well. I'm probably better off not spending. Here's hoping Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle for PS2 goes on sale for a third time.

[quote name='ejamer']Friday, Feb 18th

Wii: DJ Hero 2 (software) $9.99
Wii: DJ Hero Wireless Turntable $9.99

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=440

So maybe it would've been a better idea to wait on the DJ Hero experience? I'm still satisfied with the Renegade kit, but the pricing obviously wasn't too hot when you figure that both games and a table could be had for under $30... Meh, still a good enough deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Tempting, but I already have too many plastic instruments lying around.

bread's done
Back