EB/GS Pre-order Harvest Moon DS Cute and get a cat (plush)!

wow awesome! Me and the wife enjoy these games a little too much, and have all the pre-order plush toys. I've wondered about the chicken plush as well =/

I already payed full price for the first HMDS big mistake I should've known there'd be a slightly improved versions for girls..

I'll be pre-ordering this just for the cat since I have all the plush dolls so far this doesn't appear as cute as the past ones I guess it's just me.. =\

Hell, yeah.

I already have the dog and sheep from previous pre-orders, missed out on the cow but won't miss out on this one.

Thanks for the heads up!

I missed out on all the other plushies, so I don't have any urge to pre-order this. I'll probably wait for price drop or clearance. Good to know tho.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I already payed full price for the first HMDS big mistake I should've known there'd be a slightly improved versions for girls.. [/QUOTE]
I've always known this would eventually happen, but I bought the first version anyway since I need my Harvest Moon fix. Though, the time I invested in the boy version does make me a little sad :p

It is an updated and fixed version of HM DS with a few tweaks. Details may be found here:
http://www.fogu.com/hm6/forgirl.php

If u dig classic HM, this should fit the bill.

There isn't much difference between the boy and girl versions besides the obvious gender changes, but a few things have been added in.

» A new marriage candidate named Skye.
» Buy different colored outfits for you to wear.
» Choose to play as the blond heroine from MFoMT, or the brunette from AnWL.
» Change your house carpet and wallpaper from six different designs.
» Earn a Best Friend status from Leia, Witch, Keria, or the Goddess (most likely Japanese version only).
» More random events added.
» Have a son or daughter child.
» The bachelors will change the color of their own clothing every day.

Everything else is the same as in the boy version of the game, except for the massive amount of bugs that existed in the boy version. The only exploit that seems to still be in the girl version is the Sheep Sheering trick.

Keep in mind, the next US DS iteration will be:
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

And in Japan, the following DS titles are being worked on:
Harvest Moon: Shining Sun And Friends (sequel to Island of Happiness)
Rune Factory 2 (supposed to have been released in JP in Jan 2008)

There is also a Wii title coming: Tree of Peace

[quote name='PrarieD0G']So you guys don't mind playing as girl characters and having to marry a guy, heh?[/QUOTE]

No, stay away, it might make you turn gay in real life.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']So you guys don't mind playing as girl characters and having to marry a guy, heh?[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like there's no girl gamers. Sexist... :lol:

Cute! I'm putting in my order even though I cannot stand to give GameStop any type of business.

I was wondering when they'd do more Harvest Moon plushes! Too bad I really wanted the chick though. Maybe one of the next DS or Wii games will have it.

[quote name='imacgod']You make it sound like there's no girl gamers. Sexist... :lol:[/quote]

Well, the majority of CAG's aren't girls. I wasn't trying to be mean or sexist.

I just wouldn't want to play as a girl character for a harvest moon game. It would feel weird to me. That's it. I want to play as the gender I am. Is that such a sin?

I guess you guys just don't care about it though. That's fine with me.

Harvest Moon players are too hardcore to care about the sex of their characters. As long as it involves crops, raising livestock, and getting hitched they are happy ;)

I never preorder these games, within a few months they are normally much cheaper. However the cow was super cute! :)

Harvest Moon players are too hardcore to care about the sex of their characters. As long as it involves crops, raising livestock, and getting hitched they are happy

Absolutely.

I'm hopin' to just walk in next week and be lucky that the plushie is also in-stock as I don't really have the time to get in there and pre-reserve...or I suppose I could switch my preorder for ninja gaiden, but that might just leave me...sword-sty-less =/

i work at my local gamestop and we actually got this plush cat, the ninja gaiden ds sword stylus and as well as the shinra UMD case yesterday

the cat itself is pretty awesome and definitely worth the preorder if you're getting the game.

for once I actually feel somewhat ok for pushing a preorder since the cat and the stylus are both really well made. i say more games need these awesome preorder bonuses

[quote name='donssword']It is an updated and fixed version of HM DS with a few tweaks. Details may be found here:
http://www.fogu.com/hm6/forgirl.php

If u dig classic HM, this should fit the bill.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. I remember getting the original DS version for $10 at Amazon and promptly returning it after hearing about the bugs.

Pre-ordered mine online today so I can add to my plush collection. Oh, and play Harvest Moon, of course :)

[quote name='robhimself']i work at my local gamestop and we actually got this plush cat, the ninja gaiden ds sword stylus and as well as the shinra UMD case yesterday

the cat itself is pretty awesome and definitely worth the preorder if you're getting the game.[/quote]

I went to the GS near me they checked and they didn't get any hopefully when I come to get the game they'll have it the employee that checked said if they don't get it with the game they sometimes get it a week later hopefully he's right..

I'm hoping the wii harvest moon pre-order will be either a chicken or a horse that'd be so nice..

Got my black kitty in the mail on Friday. It's super cute and now has a happy home next to my Harvest Moon Dog and Sheep. Still sad I missed out on the cow. Natsume needs to have these with every HM game.

bread's done
Back