EB/GS temporary price cuts...starting soon? (YMMV, probably just in UT)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sorry if I missed this but here is another soon-to-be official deal according to ad leaks: LINK

awesome prices when stacked with Edge

504x_gamestop_strikes_back.jpg

gamestop_flyer_2.jpg

[quote name='n4styn4t3']It's in Utah only, to combat BB's pricematch on used games.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap weasel. Oh well. Guess this thread is probably moving to regional deals.

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']so if best buy and gamestop go back and forth, pretty soon games will be free hah[/QUOTE]

But if they're both eventually giving away free games, won't one of them then offer to pay us to take them from their store?

[quote name='WormFOODx']
Sadly I don't live there.[/QUOTE]

Sadly? I'm thankful every day of my life that I don't live there.

[quote name='Vegan']Sadly? I'm thankful every day of my life that I don't live there.[/QUOTE]

Quit rubbing it in, jerk!

So what will more than likely happen is they will not have too many of these games in stock at this particular location as to not lose too much money, while at the same time, hitting the Best Buy hard that is running this matching scheme.

Eh, I wish Gamestop would've waited and let Best Buy take their price matching in UT national. Now its Best Buy's move. Hopefully they take it national, because THEN, we will all win.

If Best Buy decides to scrap the price matching, it won't matter anymore.

Stock up mormon gamers!

I went pass Salt Lake City, Utah on my way to LA one year on the greyhound. The Bus driver told us that the city was very strict. We could not swear, not spit on the ground, nor smoke outside a designated smoke "area" on the street. So he told us to get the swearing out of our system and the whole bus erupted with the kind of language you see at little league game.

[quote name='Estebon']I went pass Salt Lake City, Utah on my way to LA one year on the greyhound. The Bus driver told us that the city was very strict. We could not swear, not spit on the ground, nor smoke outside a designated smoke "area" on the street. So he told us to get the swearing out of our system and the whole bus erupted with the kind of language you see at little league game.[/QUOTE]

Up until just recently any place in Utah with a bar in it had to have a wall blocking the view of the alcohol. So people wouldn't be tempted, I guess.

Wow, this is not a bad power move by GameStop. Hopefully makes people buy some of these games at their stores, but also, if people are smart, will really hit Best Buy. New low used price at GS = new low new game price matches at Best Buy. Too bad it's not here; I'd definitely go to Best Buy and pick up a new copy of Starfy for $20.

[quote name='kryptonian99']There is two gamestop's in west jordan. Any idea which one is this at?[/QUOTE]

The address is emblazoned in big white letters at the bottom of the image.

Sorry, I can't get the images. I'm at work and it blocks all images and most websites, I was quite surprised that I could even get to these forums.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']It's in Utah only, to combat BB's pricematch on used games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I assumed when I saw the thread title. Gamestop is one of the few companies I hate even more than Best Buy. It's like choosing mouth rape or ass rape.

[quote name='kryptonian99']Sorry, I can't get the images. I'm at work and it blocks all images and most websites, I was quite surprised that I could even get to these forums.[/QUOTE]

7612 S. Campus View Dr.

[quote name='Estebon']I went pass Salt Lake City, Utah on my way to LA one year on the greyhound. The Bus driver told us that the city was very strict. We could not swear, not spit on the ground, nor smoke outside a designated smoke "area" on the street. So he told us to get the swearing out of our system and the whole bus erupted with the kind of language you see at little league game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pretty decent place to live. It's a shame more cities don't try to weed out the garbage like that.

For once, it pays to live in Utah!

I hope this doesn't derail the topic, but Utah's great for experiencing all 4 seasons in full force (lotsa snow during winter, really hot during summer, etc) but those of us who aren't Mormon (like me) just kind of begrudgingly accept that the LDS church culture pervades most everything here. A few places--like Salt Lake City and Park City--are a little less "Mormon" than, say, Provo but...ah, I digress...

In for one copy of Devil Survivor if I can find it :D

bread's done
Back