Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

My first receipt, they made it look like I paid $18.00.
The kid f'ed up, I could tell, he took like 7 mins and did the transaction 3 times.

Second time, shows 49.99.
So I'll use that one to trade for a PS3 game.

Now which one?

I just got MP8, debating if I should keep it or trade it? With this deal I've gotten so for MP3 preordered, and returned one for the $50ish credit on my card.

So I guess my question is MP8 or Strikers. Got Wario Ware on it's way, so I'm not sure if 2 party games is too much.

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Succesfully traded in Avatar and MtR for Cooking Mama. Unfortunately, I wanted to preorder Metroid Prime 3. Now, I've heard plenty say I should be able to return/exchange it and put it on a preorder...but I'm worried my receipt won't let me. It looks like it was rigged up to lower the price of the game. Any advice?[/QUOTE]
I had a copy where the game showed a price of $18. Took it back and swapped it with another title and it now shows I exchanged a $50 title for another $50 title using store credit. I'd say that's enough (unless there's full transaction history) that I can push it to a MP3 preorder...

[quote name='Starky27']I had a copy where the game showed a price of $18. Took it back and swapped it with another title and it now shows I exchanged a $50 title for another $50 title using store credit. I'd say that's enough (unless there's full transaction history) that I can push it to a MP3 preorder...[/quote]

i hope your last receipt doesnt show you returned something once already. i know at least a few DICK employees that refuse a 2nd return/exchange, even on new items that are still sealed. they wont, even though they can.

So after my first ever trip to EB last week where an incredible MANAGER didn't even know how to preform the trade, I've got a better story this time.

So I was in a different town about 30 mins away for work and I see a CC. So I stop in to find plenty of Avatar/MtR (my CC was out). Luckily there was a EB right down the street. So I go in and flip them for SPM with plans of returning it back home for Strikers.

Our mall has 2 GS (1 on the outside of the mall and the other inside). I head into the in-store GS because I visited the other store last time and didn't want to run into the same moronic manager.

In this GS I of course get the manager who doesn't think she can do the return since I pretty much got it for free according to the receipt. She calls her DM and recites to me that NO GS or EB would allow this return since it was for free. She keeps trying to get me to trade in my brand new SPM for $25 which I flat out refused.

So I decide to walk into the other GS and get that manager too - who was only happen to refund me and preorder Strikers. All done in under 5 minutes! (He did stare at the receipt a little too long thus making me nervous lol)

just got shot down on a MtR/Avatar trade-in. this was after the first employee pretended not to know about the deal, and then handed it of to the manager, who after a 10 minute phone call to who-knows-where (because they didn't have the exclusion list in their store???).....said that Avatar is on the exclusion list.

needless to say, i'll be trying a different location tonight/tomorrow. i just wish gamestop.com still had the Wii exclusion list on their website so i could get a printout.......

[quote name='EvyLou']just got shot down on a MtR/Avatar trade-in. this was after the first employee pretended not to know about the deal, and then handed it of to the manager, who after a 10 minute phone call to who-knows-where (because they didn't have the exclusion list in their store???).....said that Avatar is on the exclusion list.

needless to say, i'll be trying a different location tonight/tomorrow. i just wish gamestop.com still had the Wii exclusion list on their website so i could get a printout.......[/quote]
cancel preorders on them

There's like a flier, and cardboard cut-out on the counter that talk about the deal.

I've seen it in the 3 stores I've been to.

Just went to Gamestop to trade in Super Monkey Ball and Rayman both for the Wii. The trade in value came out to $27.00. But they weren't on the list so they were confused. I wanted to pre-order Mario Strikers. I said just give a new game, I'll trade it in right now and get store credit for the pre-order.

After 15 mins and a call to upper management, I was got Pokemon and then traded it back right away, then got store credit to get Mario Strikers.

I definitely got the best of that deal.

You should not have to pay tax on what your buy/pre-order with this deal. I traded in the usual Avatar/MtR on Friday and got charged tax. I called the Gamestop customer service line and asked about the promotion. The person on the other end of the line said that I wasn't supposed to pay tax and that they would forward my info and situation to the manager of the store I went to.

Fast forward to today when I got the tax back. When I spoke to the manager on the phone earlier in the week, they said it shouldn't be a problem to pre-order a game since it was not specified in the flyer. So I returned Harry Potter and pre-ordered Bleach.

Also stopped by the GameCrazy and picked up TMNT for the Wii and Enchanted Arms for the PS3. All in all, great stuff. I was really surprised by the awesome customer service at Gamestop.

Stopped by CC and got a third pair of Avatar/MtR.

Went to Gamestop.
Traded a Super Paper Mario from a previous trade in exchange for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Then traded the new pair of Wii games, for Harry Potter Wii.
Will trade Harry Potter Wii tomorrow for The Darkness on PS3.

On Sunday I will go to CC and PM my reciepts to get another $30 back.

Good deal.

[quote name='dallow']Stopped by CC and got a third pair of Avatar/MtR.

Went to Gamestop.
Traded a Super Paper Mario from a previous trade in exchange for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Then traded the new pair of Wii games, for Harry Potter Wii.
Will trade Harry Potter Wii tomorrow for The Darkness on PS3.

On Sunday I will go to CC and PM my reciepts to get another $30 back.

Good deal.[/QUOTE]
chappelle-4.jpg

Traded 2 Meet the Robinsons for an eventual Metroid Prime 3.

A pleasant experience as always at EB Games.

Employees don't think the deal is still on (these are the two geniuses who are still thinking the end date was the end date of the first run of the promo), they think it's automatic if it was on, and they know it's not for preorders. Is it weird that they're technically wrong on all counts, and when shown such, they give on everything but the third? Fabulous.

Was even better that he completely ignored the fact that I asked him about the deal first, then quoted me $17 for the two games.

Anyway, got rid of my second Avatar/MtR combo for a SPM, not sure where to swap that one - the GS next door is the one who first told me no preorders, so I'm sure if the manager is there I'll get shot down trying to return it for that. Suppose its worth a shot for convenience, but it looks like I'm branching out farther than a mile from home. :whistle2:(

I'm debating doing this one last time... Just not sure if I want to upgrade to a PS3 game like Dallow was doing, or if I want to get something other than Super Mario Strikers and Metroid Prime 3...

Of course, I'm probably going to trade the credits for Strikers to something else as well...

I also did the MTR & Avatar trade in and was forced to pay tax. The store manager was there and she even called her district manager and I still had to pay it. So I got back to work and called the 800 number on the website. The guy I talked to said to talk with the store manager about it. I said I did and also told him she called the district manager. The guy said if the district manager said to pay the tax then I had to pay it. I call Bullshit. I am gonna try to do this deal a couple more times just cause I fucking hate EBGames & gamestop so much.

the tax i believe depends on what state you are in as well...but corporate should be able to look it up for you as they did for me a while back

[quote name='Jedi1979']the tax i believe depends on what state you are in as well...but corporate should be able to look it up for you as they did for me a while back[/quote]It's different for this deal. Some states vary as to whether you pay tax on purchases with store credit (you do in Ohio), but this is intended to be a completely free game. So technically I pay tax, but I pay it with the bumped up trade-in credit, so the value is $53.74.

If I had $50 in trade credit lying around that I used to buy a Wii game outside of this deal, then I would have to pay tax.

Yes! Took my screwed up receipt and Cooking Mama to another GameStop...it's further than the one I originally did it at, but this only confirms that the people there are way nicer. Metroid Prime 3 is paid off.

Worker A: [ Helping finish the guy in front of me's trade ins ] Do you have an exchange, sir?
Me: ...Um...maybe. I don't know if this is going to work. I'll explain when you get finished.
Worker A: Alright.
[ He finished checking out the guy in front of me ]
Worker A: Now, how can we help you?
Me: Yes...you know the deal going on...2 used Wii games for 1 free Wii game...?
Worker A: Yup. But there aare some restrictions--
Me: Oh, I know. Can that free game be a preorder title?
Worker A: Ooonly if it comes out by Sunday.
Me: Can I exchange a title I already got for a preorder?
Worker A: Yup!
Me: Okay, this is where I don't know if it'll work. The guy at the other GameStop did some weird stuff with my receipt...and somehow I paid sales tax on a free item...?
Worker A: Lemme see...[ grabs receipt...looks it over, scowels, rubs forehead ]...what did he do? ... Yeah. This is not how you're supposed to do it...
Worker B: Let me see...where's it from?
Worker A: ...>location<
Worker B: Ugh...who did it--?
[ They both look, groan, and roll their eyes ]
Worker A: I'm gonna ring this up at its full price....er...fifty dollars -- what it's supposed to be. Not...what he did to the receipt. What do you wanna put that preorder on?
Me: Metroid Prime 3.
Worker B: Oooh! Greeat choice!
Worker A: Yeah, it looks like it's gonna be good.

I thanked them profusely when I left. I don't think I'll ever go to a different GameStop again!

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Yes! Took my screwed up receipt and Cooking Mama to another GameStop...it's further than the one I originally did it at, but this only confirms that the people there are way nicer. Metroid Prime 3 is paid off.

Worker A: [ Helping finish the guy in front of me's trade ins ] Do you have an exchange, sir?
Me: ...Um...maybe. I don't know if this is going to work. I'll explain when you get finished.
Worker A: Alright.
[ He finished checking out the guy in front of me ]
Worker A: Now, how can we help you?
Me: Yes...you know the deal going on...2 used Wii games for 1 free Wii game...?
Worker A: Yup. But there aare some restrictions--
Me: Oh, I know. Can that free game be a preorder title?
Worker A: Ooonly if it comes out by Sunday.
Me: Can I exchange a title I already got for a preorder?
Worker A: Yup!
Me: Okay, this is where I don't know if it'll work. The guy at the other GameStop did some weird stuff with my receipt...and somehow I paid sales tax on a free item...?
Worker A: Lemme see...[ grabs receipt...looks it over, scowels, rubs forehead ]...what did he do? ... Yeah. This is not how you're supposed to do it...
Worker B: Let me see...where's it from?
Worker A: ...>location<
Worker B: Ugh...who did it--?
[ They both look, groan, and roll their eyes ]
Worker A: I'm gonna ring this up at its full price....er...fifty dollars -- what it's supposed to be. Not...what he did to the receipt. What do you wanna put that preorder on?
Me: Metroid Prime 3.
Worker B: Oooh! Greeat choice!
Worker A: Yeah, it looks like it's gonna be good.

I thanked them profusely when I left. I don't think I'll ever go to a different GameStop again![/QUOTE]

Yeah well I was told I couldn't return a game I technically got "for free", and that NO GS or EB would allow...except for the one directly around the corner

yea so i got a resounding 'go freak yourself' when i tried to exchange my wii game for a ps3 one & pay the diff. i guess an email went out telling gs workers to poopoo the deal. i'm sure not everyone has read it, but after talking to one fellow CAG about this specific topic, he got all smart and said he was a manager. not calling him a NARC yet, but the pieces fit togeher...

[quote name='monkeydeew']yea so i got a resounding 'go freak yourself' when i tried to exchange my wii game for a ps3 one & pay the diff. i guess an email went out telling gs workers to poopoo the deal. i'm sure not everyone has read it, but after talking to one fellow CAG about this specific topic, he got all smart and said he was a manager. not calling him a NARC yet, but the pieces fit togeher...[/quote]No way dude. It's just YMMV, head to another GS and try to trade the Wii game again.
I will trade my second one for The Darkness, no matter what.

It makes sense.
It's a $49.99 game, and you're just trading up and paying the difference.
No extra loss for them.

[quote name='dallow']No way dude. It's just YMMV, head to another GS and try to trade the Wii game again.
I will trade my second one for The Darkness, no matter what.

It makes sense.
It's a $49.99 game, and you're just trading up and paying the difference.
No extra loss for them.[/quote]
bro i went 0/5, even at gs's i didnt do any trades at ... and the fellow CAG i talked to just seemed all to happy to figure out my secret, narc???

[quote name='monkeydeew']bro i went 0/5, even at gs's i didnt do any trades at ... and the fellow CAG i talked to just seemed all to happy to figure out my secret, narc???[/quote]Sorry to hear that man. Is it an extra Wii game, or one you don't want?

The store manager was all too happy to do my exchange.
I'm going to go see her again.

just curious to hear about what happens to all of you from here on out. i also have a feeling that after the deal expires Sunday, they will have even more bs excuses to not let you exchange it for credit or even another game.

anyone know if they will take 2 ehanted arms for a new ps3 game? Or are double copies not allowed? I am thinking about going to GC and trying to get 2 EA for 13.50 or whatever it is.

I'll be done by Sunday, but I do have to head to CC to get refunds on those Wii games.

anyone know if they will take 2 ehanted arms for a new ps3 game? Or are double copies not allowed? I am thinking about going to GC and trying to get 2 EA for 13.50 or whatever it is.
The game is $19.99 and I've heard they'd added it to the exclusion list via email. You might get lucky though.

[quote name='dallow']I'll be done by Sunday, but I do have to head to CC to get refunds on those Wii games.

The game is $19.99 and I've heard they'd added it to the exclusion list via email. You might get lucky though.[/quote]

I was talking aobut getting it at Game Crazy used. Email notice lol. How lame. So say they don't know about this email, is it still possible to trade it doubles?

[quote name='monkeydeew']just curious to hear about what happens to all of you from here on out. i also have a feeling that after the deal expires Sunday, they will have even more bs excuses to not let you exchange it for credit or even another game.[/quote]They can make up excuses, I guess, but there's no real reason they can't exchange it for another game. Now, exchanging a PS3 game for a Wii game or vice versa is probably going to run into issues once in a while, if they know and have problems with the fact that you got the game using a deal. Otherwise, I don't really see how logically (or business-wise) they could have any problem with me exchanging one Wii game for another.

I can see how they wouldn't let you get credit, seeing as how that basically means they just gave you $50 store credit for Avatar and MtR. Why would that make sense?

I actually think it would make more sense if they would just let you use it on preorders. Then the exchanging would never be a problem. I don't see how trading to games to get a $50 game they don't have yet is any different from trading two games to get a $50 game off the shelf.

I can see them not letting you trade them for credit next time, though...it would destroy the trade in value.

Traded in my last wii CC set for a High School Musical preorder today...no biggie, manager took the trade/order.

Traded Meet The Robinsons and a TMNT ($20 new from GC - they didn't have a used copy) for a Battalion Wars 2 preorder. At first the guy said it was only for current new games but I told him (truthfully) that I had gotten a preorder done at this very store a few days before and he said "well, then I guess it is OK". This is the first time I've had to pursuade my case - it was like a Jedi mind trick or something and I was surprised it worked. :lol:

I'm going to another GC tomorrow to look for a used TMNT. Even with the new ones it is good though - at least I'm turning $20 in GC credit into $25 in EB credit. I have a MtR/Avatar pair but I'd like to extend that to 2 pairs with a couple of TMNT. Between this and the last trade 2 deal I have several games fully paid for at various EB/GS stores. I need to remember to keep track of them all!

close inspection notes re4, dragon ball z, chicken shoot, and enchanted arms addded to the excluded titles.

closer inspection notes this deal expires 07/29/07 ...

went today and traded in marvel ua and cod 3 for scarface. didnt want scarface, returned it for god of war 2 and 10 dollars store credit. works for me as i got the two wii games in the buy 2 get one free sale a few weeks back.

[quote name='monkeydeew']

close inspection notes re4, dragon ball z, chicken shoot, and enchanted arms addded to the excluded titles.

closer inspection notes this deal expires 07/29/07 ...[/QUOTE]

Yep, they were in the process of changing over the signage at a store I went to today. I was shocked they didn't add Avatar to the list. They did add Enchanted Arms to the PS3 list though (as you noted) - and it trades for a measily $5 normally. I was suprised they already had printed material for that, though, as that drop just happened.

I traded TMNT + Avatar for a Dewy's Adventure preorder (now that they have that plush preorder bonus). I'll definitely have to keep an eye on that one to see if I really want it even at the discounted price after the trade-ins.

I have preordered several games I had no intention of getting previously at $50, even with trade-in credit I already have. This deal is just too good to pass up and it has been given new life with the $20 TMNTs from Gamecrazy (if only I could find a used copy!). Now that it has been extended, apparently, till July 29th I'm sure other opportunities will pop up. (The web site has been updated with the extension of the trade 3 360 game deal but not with the Wii/PS3 trade deal yet - but the signs in store definitely said 7/29).

[quote name='monkeydeew']

closer inspection notes this deal expires 07/29/07 ...[/QUOTE]
Sweeet. A whole month to go nuts on the deal.

Well, I'm going to try and grab another Avatar and Meet the Robinsons tomorrow morning then. Good to know that will keep working.

[quote name='seanr1221']If i could find more MtR and Avatar yea....:cry:[/quote]I know my store had at least one more Avatar that I will snag when I go to PM tomorrow... might have to make a trip over to GC for a TMNT with this extension.

If only the guys working would get a clue that the deal is on at all. And eventually I'm going to have trouble returning games for preorders at my two closest stores.

[quote name='seanr1221']My store has 2 more MtR, but I don't have a GC to buy TMNT from. Curses...atleast I got Prime 3 out of this deal though.[/quote]I've only snagged Mario Strikers for now, but I went back and did a return/rebuy of SPM to get a gift receipt for it - I'll be dropping by GS tomorrow to return that for a BWii preorder... that's going to be my plan from this point on - gift receipt doesn't have the trade-ins on it, so should be easier to do a return/exchange on.

With any luck, I'll be able to swing this two more times, get a Dewy and Metroid preorder in.

bread's done
Back