Ant Bully
Rampage
Ice Age 2
Happy Feet
Open Season
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Free game must equal 49.99 less in value. Expires 7th August 2007

In classic fashion they elimate any way possible in which this deal may be profitable, but its not that bad I guess if you have som older junk that doesnt trade in for as much anymore

Trade 2 PS3 games get one free

Exclusions are
2007 and older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Offer good on games 59.99 or less. Expires 7th August 2007.

Again not great but if you hav some old crap then why not?

[quote name='Jedi1979']ok thanks....maybe i'll take a ride...[/quote]
I reccommend that you do. And the guys at Gamestop in Clifton (near a middle school) are pretty clueless and when I went, it was around 12:00. SO go around that time so you have a good chance with running into the clueless again.

[quote name='rakaminkol']I reccommend that you do. And the guys at Gamestop in Clifton (near a middle school) are pretty clueless and when I went, it was around 12:00. SO go around that time so you have a good chance with running into the clueless again.[/quote]

actually i was thinking of getting them for myself, lol...maybe if they have a few of each i may buy a pair to flip but at those prices i would keep them for my nephew to play when he comes over

thanks though for the tip;)

[quote name='rakaminkol']http://microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html
that shows all of the microcenters in the us. they took off the games barnyard and cars from the list of wii stuff but I know it's at microcenter in paterson[/QUOTE]

Hehe, as I suspected, there isn't one within 500 miles. I was actually surprised there are a few on the West coast though - just not anywhere near me.

[quote name='io']Hehe, as I suspected, there isn't one within 500 miles. I was actually surprised there are a few on the West coast though - just not anywhere near me.[/quote]
Ya, but their getting more money and the store I went to is the North Jersey one. But I expect them to earn more money

[quote name='JediBaja']Has anyone tried trading in Enchanted Arms for the PS3 as a part of this deal?[/QUOTE]

It is specifically excluded, since, like, they sell it for $19.99 new. That one is printed on the fliers (well, the new ones since the extension, anyway) my friend.

Man, it would be nice if the OP could do an update or something. Or maybe a mod could add those things into the OP. I miss Shrike ;).

[quote name='io']It is specifically excluded, since, like, they sell it for $19.99 new. That one is printed on the fliers (well, the new ones since the extension, anyway) my friend.

Man, it would be nice if the OP could do an update or something. Or maybe a mod could add those things into the OP. I miss Shrike ;).[/quote]

Thanks, I thought I could trick them and all...
I agree an updated list would be awsome. FYI, I called my local GS and the clerk told me the deal was over :cry: .
Hopefully, my local EB is still running the deal. I hate shody/YMMV deals.

I tried to trade in Avatar and MtR at a different Gamestop today and got rejected because the games were not opened. According to this person, who said she had been working at Gamestop for a while, they are never supposed to accept sealed games for trades and that anyone who does is violating company policy. She said they couldn't accept new games as used to avoid losing their pawn shop license - I guess they don't want to be taking in stolen goods. She said I could open the games and bring them back tomorrow, but I couldn't do anything today since she had seen the sealed games.

She didn't say anything about not accepting Avatar, but I'd rather not risk being stuck with an open Avatar and MtR so I think I may try a diff Gamestop or just take this last pair back to CC.

Sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Why are so many of you trading in Avatar and MtR (what the hell is MTR, anyway?) can those games be had cheap somewhere or something?

[quote name='yukine']Sorry, but I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Why are so many of you trading in Avatar and MtR (what the hell is MTR, anyway?) can those games be had cheap somewhere or something?[/QUOTE]

Avatar and Meet the Robinson's (MtR) are on clearance at Circuit City for $16.96, and I think last week they had a sale for an additional 25% off clearance titles.

[quote name='botticus']It's been extended through 7/29.[/quote]

Is the extension YMMV then because I've called a couple gamestops and they tell me they're not doing the PS3 trade-in deal anymore?

The 3 GS/EB stores that I have been at recently have all had color flyers in store that state 7/29 as the end date, so it shouldn't be YMMV.

I was able to trade in Avatar and Meet The Robinsons last night for a Mario Strikers pre-order. They said that Galaxy pre-orders will be available next week, but I didn't want to chance them not accepting Avatar, so I got Strikers. Oh, and they said that I would have to pay tax when I pick up Strikers - that they weren't able to include tax for pre-order trades. If I had got a game there, I wouldn't have had to pay tax, but for pre-orders I would. Whatever, I'm okay with paying an extra $4 for the game.

Well I guess it's all good.

I called the same store and got different employees and they said it was good, so I guess the other dude wasn't on the ball...not surprised.

A lot of employees nowadays tend to not know what goes on the stores they work at :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well I guess it's all good.

I called the same store and got different employees and they said it was good, so I guess the other dude wasn't on the ball...not surprised.

A lot of employees nowadays tend to not know what goes on the stores they work at :/[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough that goes for almost all industries and all types of different stores. Seems not that many folks are motivated enough to take the initiative at their jobs.

I'm glad to see people are still getting in on this. I thought it was odd this thread fell to the depths of the second page (and beyond). It is really one of the best deals I've seen this year (IF you can get the fodder for it, though I even used it for some of my own games that weren't worth $25 no matter how you look at it).

True, seeing as how the value of some games started dropping like rocks, I had a couple PS3 games I traded promptly since I could see myself rebuying them for $20 or less down the road :p

I was denied a preorder at my ebgames. Shouldnt it work at all stores. Seemed like they didn't know what to do.

[quote name='mpj31']I was denied a preorder at my ebgames. Shouldnt it work at all stores. Seemed like they didn't know what to do.[/QUOTE]

No, as always it is YMMV. It seems the deal is supposed to be just for new in-stock games but it is not clear on that point, which is why many of us have been able to get preorders. The "didn't know what to do" is just because you ran into clueless employees. All they have to do is manually adjust the prices of the games to $24.99 and $25 and then they can do whatever they want - whether that is sell you a new game or make a preorder (paid in full).

Bad news about TMNT going up to $50 at GC. That is a wierd place sometimes. I guess that means I'm done for sure. There are still MtR at CC's near me, but without a cheap TMNT to pair it up with it is useless. I'm glad I found those 2 used TMNTs last weekend and got two more preorders out of it. I'm also glad I got a TMNT for the 360 to play - fun game for $19.99 (but not $49.99 or more!).

So I did the trade in using Banana Blitz and Meet the Robinsons, seems that I'm the first person to actually do the trade in at this particular Gamestop at the West Covina mall. The employees were having a hard time and took all 4 of them and about 15mins for them to figure it out. They told me in the end that I was the first person to actually do this trade in special at the store and I somehow ended up with Mario Party 8 for my girlfriend and even got some trade in credit, I think about $4.88 (wierd). Anyways they told me that they had to manually change the trade-in prices for the two games. In the end it worked though with extra credit to spare.

I may do it again and buy another MtR at Circuit City and trade my neice's Disney Cars game that she is bored of (that isn't on the exception list is it?) Either way though I don't think this Gamestop has a clue that there was an email that had added some other games to the exception list, they were going by the in store advertisement. We'll see come Friday!

Thanks op and all who've given their input on this thread!

[quote name='woahitsreeo']So I did the trade in using Banana Blitz and Meet the Robinsons, seems that I'm the first person to actually do the trade in at this particular Gamestop at the West Covina mall. The employees were having a hard time and took all 4 of them and about 15mins for them to figure it out. They told me in the end that I was the first person to actually do this trade in special at the store and I somehow ended up with Mario Party 8 for my girlfriend and even got some trade in credit, I think about $4.88 (wierd). Anyways they told me that they had to manually change the trade-in prices for the two games. In the end it worked though with extra credit to spare.

I may do it again and buy another MtR at Circuit City and trade my neice's Disney Cars game that she is bored of (that isn't on the exception list is it?) Either way though I don't think this Gamestop has a clue that there was an email that had added some other games to the exception list, they were going by the in store advertisement. We'll see come Friday!

Thanks op and all who've given their input on this thread![/quote]

Cars isn't on the original exceptions list, but they added it later via email. Some stores know about it and others don't. I have two stores within a block of each other. One told me about the email and the other took it without a problem. You're definately right about them not knowing how to do the trade in their system.

I should add that I was able to get Battalion Wars preordered after returning SPM via gift receipt. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be getting in on this anymore, but at least I have Strikers and Battalion Wars to carry me through on Wii purchases till November.

[quote name='botticus']I should add that I was able to get Battalion Wars preordered after returning SPM via gift receipt. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be getting in on this anymore, but at least I have Strikers and Battalion Wars to carry me through on Wii purchases till November.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll be seeing you online with those 2 games, anyway ;).

woahitsreeo - Did they scan your Edge card when they bumped up the trades? That may have given you the extra credit. Either that or they adjusted for tax but then didn't charge it because it was trade credit. I couldn't get ANY of the EB/GS stores to scan my Edge card with this deal which is wierd. A few of them did it last time for the same deal and I got a bit extra then. This time when I asked they told me they wouldn't be able to adjust the trade-in prices if they did that. Eh, whatever...

Bleh, hopefully I can get in on this before it's too late (or is it too late?) I'd like to get Strikers for cheaper by buying two crappy games and flipping them.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Is the extension YMMV then because I've called a couple gamestops and they tell me they're not doing the PS3 trade-in deal anymore?[/QUOTE]
No, but the employees are easily confused. I got the same line when I returned with a couple Wii games after having an employee assure me that I wouldn't be turned down for two crap games that weren't in the exclusion list. He said this after I voiced my frustration with seeing someone turned down with Genji the first time the deal was offered and he assured me that he accepted Genji on this deal on Friday! When I returned to clueless employee #2, I found one tag out of 7 with the correct date and exclusions list to rub in his face and before the transaction was done he had to call up the original employee anyway.

Employee #1 was an asshat too though. I was walking around the store with the EXPIRED shelf tag looking for my brother to discuss it with him and remember the exclusion list (before I realized that it was updated) and he got snippy with me by asking for "his" card back. This was right after I had identified Enchanted Arms PS3 as miss-priced for three times as much and was discouraging sales (his boss immediately stuck a newer tag on it after price-checking for me).

Quick question, is Gamecrazy, EB or Gamestop the best place to trade in a bunch of (13) gamecube games
I been away from CAG & haven't kept up with the threads.
All I know is EB is doing a trade in 3 & get an extra $20 for 360 agmes, any deals for gc trade ins?

[quote name='WTFer420']Quick question, is Gamecrazy, EB or Gamestop the best place to trade in a bunch of (13) gamecube games
I been away from CAG & haven't kept up with the threads.
All I know is EB is doing a trade in 3 & get an extra $20 for 360 agmes, any deals for gc trade ins?[/QUOTE]

Nothing except I think there are a few preorder bonus deals at EB/GS (if you trade games in for preorders for some specific games you get a 20% trade-in boost). It probably won't be much for most GC games, but it might help a bit. You'd probably get much more for them at Gamecrazy.

[quote name='Jesu']Can you return the game for store credit?[/quote]

I did it for one of my games, but it wasn't to the same store. Took them looking at the reciept a few times, but they figured it out.

I just Tried to trade in Trauma Center and Elebits, They said nether of them would count for this deal because the trade in value are only $15 each.:bomb:

[quote name='Alucard90']I just Tried to trade in Trauma Center and Elebits, They said nether of them would count for this deal because the trade in value are only $15 each.:bomb:[/quote]They're fucking idiots, then. :roll:

Neither game sells new for $29.99, which means they're above the $24.99 used price line that EB/GS has set up as the cutoff point for the promotion being valid. Plus, neither game is on the exclusion list, either.

I'd go ask for the DM and tell them to go read what they're supposed to be doing for the promotion to raise the credit up to $24.99/$25.00 for the two games.

[quote name='Alucard90']I just Tried to trade in Trauma Center and Elebits, They said nether of them would count for this deal because the trade in value are only $15 each.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

It sounds like they expected the trade-in values to be $25 for it to work. Clearly, if that were the case, this would be no "deal" at all :lol:. Actually, $15 is on the higher end for most of the qualifying Wii games. They should be happy to take in two higher-quality games as part of the deal. As Shrike said, they are just being idiots. Try another store or go back there when someone else is working.

[quote name='Alucard90']I just Tried to trade in Trauma Center and Elebits, They said nether of them would count for this deal because the trade in value are only $15 each.:bomb:[/quote]Shrike and io already covered this, but don't hesitate to ask them to see where it says that in writing. If and when they don't you ask for the GS Customer Service number, step right outside the store, bring out the cell phone, call 'em and ask for specifics of the deal. When they tell you, you tell them to call the store which is currently denying your trade ins.

Anyway, traded in MTR and Avatar today for a pre-order of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Galaxy is also in the system, but I wanted to preorder SSBB first.

[quote name='guinaevere']Shrike and io already covered this, but don't hesitate to ask them to see where it says that in writing. If and when they don't you ask for the GS Customer Service number, step right outside the store, bring out the cell phone, call 'em and ask for specifics of the deal. When they tell you, you tell them to call the store which is currently denying your trade ins.

Anyway, traded in MTR and Avatar today for a pre-order of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Galaxy is also in the system, but I wanted to preorder SSBB first.[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch... I tried to do the deal a week or two ago, and they told me that it had ended. As I was being told this, another associate went and yanked the promo hangers for it off the shelf. I was in a rush to get home, so I said to hell with it. This was at the Riverchase/Hoover location.

Less than a week ago, I tried to return my last success (Paper Mario) to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and they would only give me $16 since I used a MTR/Avatar combo (still had the receipt and game was sealed, had only gotten it 3 days prior). Their argument was that "the system" wouldn't allow me to do the return since the trade in value for the other 2 Wii games were only worth $16 without the promo boost. Needless to say.. I walked out the door with Paper Mario in hand.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Anyway, traded in MTR and Avatar today for a pre-order of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Galaxy is also in the system, but I wanted to preorder SSBB first.[/QUOTE]

Oooh! Big news there, thanks. Time to head in and switch some of my duplicate Mario & Sonic and NiGHTS preorders! Now if only I can remember where I have them :whistle2:k.

(Just kidding, I actually have it all in an Excel spreadsheet if you can imagine).

[quote name='Skylander7']Son of a bitch... I tried to do the deal a week or two ago, and they told me that it had ended. As I was being told this, another associate went and yanked the promo hangers for it off the shelf. I was in a rush to get home, so I said to hell with it. This was at the Riverchase/Hoover location.[/quote]And the resonse to that is, "how fascinating. It says it's still active on your website. And unless I'm mistaken that has to mean IN-STORE because your website doesn't take trade-ins. Wanna call your DM and confirm that the deal is over?"

Their argument was that "the system" wouldn't allow me to do the return since the trade in value for the other 2 Wii games were only worth $16 without the promo boost. Needless to say.. I walked out the door with Paper Mario in hand.
At least you got Paper Mario. I know DJKunai flipped his wii games for other stuff, but I think this is very YMMV.

[quote name='io']Oooh! Big news there, thanks. Time to head in and switch some of my duplicate Mario & Sonic and NiGHTS preorders![/quote]Yup. Went in and asked if Brawl was in the system yet for pre-ordering. Got a very excited confirmation along with the news that Galaxy is also. I didn't see anyone here mention this before, so thought I'd give an update.

(Just kidding, I actually have it all in an Excel spreadsheet if you can imagine).
Where do you find the time?! You gots a family, responsibilities, you hunt games, play games and you manage to stay organized? :applause:

Used Trauma Center has dropped to $39.99, so expect some hassles from some employees who might try to pull what they did to Alucard90.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Where do you find the time?! You gots a family, responsibilities, you hunt games, play games and you manage to stay organized? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Ha, well if you saw my office you wouldn't think so :lol:. Since trading in cheap games, flipping and preordering (on the cheap) is so fun I decided to make up some Excel spreadsheets a few years ago. I have one for EB/GS, one for GR, one for GC, and one for preorders. The trade-in ones have the value of the games I traded and what I got for them as well as what I've bought with the credit. Thus it keeps a running total of my credit at all the stores which is handy as it is often spread across several cards. This helped with GR last Fall when the manager decided to take away $15 of my credit after the fact because one of his employees screwed up. I managed to get it back after a bit of a fight. I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for my total not matching what the cards had on them. The trade-in ones also keep track of my "credit cost" as a percentage. For all three stores it hovers around 35-40%, meaning anything I buy there (like my 360 Elite) only cost my 30-40% of actual cost (since the original cost of the traded-in games is factored in).

The preorder sheet I made when GR had that amazing preorder deal a few years back. I wanted to keep track of what I had preordered and what I wanted to preorder in the future (thus I add things in as they get announced). Now it is coming in very handy as I have all these EB/GS deal preorders spread across 6 stores. So one glance at the sheet and I know where to go to switch them to SSBB and Mario Galaxy - no need to dig up the receipts.

It sounds like a lot of work but since I got the initial sheets set up it has saved me tons of time in terms of keeping track of stuff and it is a minimal commitment to keep it updated (I come home with trade receipts and late that night I figure out what I spent on the fodder, enter a new line in the appropriate sheet - maybe 5-10 minutes total if I made a few trades that day).

Note that I used to do the same thing for my finances and investments (such as they were - mostly retirement account stuff) but I stopped doing that as I lost interest (I still save, I just put it away and don't think about it as much as I used to). It is really just that I'm into the whole game deals thing now, so this is kind of a way to obsess about it at home while I'm not out hunting ;) - much like a comic book or DVD collector may type up their collection on the computer. Except for me it's not the actual games themselves that I keep track of, but the transactions that I used to get them. Now if only I could organize my physical (office/home) space, or even my actual game collection, I'd be on to something!

Sorry if this has answered before, and I didn't see a seperate PS3 thread...anyone know if Tony Hawk for PS3 is considered a 2007 sports game and excluded from the PS3 trade 2 get 1 deal? Thank you.

It's too funny reading about how you have everything organized. I have a EB Bully Bag (was a GTA bag, but tha sorta fell apart after time) where I throw game type receipts.
Most *real purchase* receipts go into a little filing box for about 6-12 months before getting tossed. But the receipts usually sit on top of the box for two or three of the months before I file them by type of store...
[quote name='io']Now it is coming in very handy as I have all these EB/GS deal preorders spread across 6 stores. So one glance at the sheet and I know where to go to switch them to SSBB and Mario Galaxy - no need to dig up the receipts.[/quote] AH!! Hence the need to find 'em. I gotchya. I was assuming they'd all be in the same store. That makes a difference.

Note that I used to do the same thing for my finances and investments (such as they were - mostly retirement account stuff) but I stopped doing that as I lost interest
Lost interest? I never had interest. I dread going to my financial advisors. It's just... terribly boring, and I hate thinking about money in that sense. :drool:

[quote name='jshorr']Sorry if this has answered before, and I didn't see a seperate PS3 thread...anyone know if Tony Hawk for PS3 is considered a 2007 sports game and excluded from the PS3 trade 2 get 1 deal? Thank you.[/quote]Sugar, I have no idea. I'm heading out in a few minutes, if I hit an EB, I'll ask. We're talking Project 8, right? The one that doesn't run very well on the ps3? Why would you ever want to trade that in? ;)

Well, as far as I know this ought to work...although you might have better luck if you've got a couple GS stores near one another. GS/EB have Enchanted Arms for $19.99 new and as of now it's not listed as an exclusion from the trade-2-get-1 deal that runs until the 29th. Grab 2 for $39.98+tax and trade them for any new PS3 game. I imagine the employees would laugh at you if you tried to do it all at once in the same store, but if you did it with different employees or at different stores you might have some luck. Good luck! I can't imagine this loophole will last long...

Edit: Damn, you mods are quick! :whistle2:o

bread's done
Back