EB has some $3 - $5 Xbox games (In store only)

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Was at EB today and saw these prices. All the games were new:

$2.99
---------
World Series Baseball
World Series Baseball 2K3
NCAA College Basketabll 2K3
Triple Play 2002
New Legends

$4.99
-----------
Aquaman
Quantum Redshift

I heard that New Legends should be avoided at all costs. Lots of bugs, but then again I haven't played it.

Is that $4.99 how much they'll pay me to take Aquaman?

/apologies for using your deal post for my standup act

Is $5 Aquaman on Gamecube? I just bought that a couple of weeks from gamestop for $15. It's pretty cool but I'd rather return the used copy and save $10.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Is $5 Aquaman on Gamecube? I just bought that a couple of weeks from gamestop for $15. It's pretty cool but I'd rather return the used copy and save $10.[/quote]

I didn't see the Gamecube version at EB, they were sold out I guess.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Is $5 Aquaman on Gamecube? I just bought that a couple of weeks from gamestop for $15. It's pretty cool but I'd rather return the used copy and save $10.[/quote]

You're the first person I've seen mention Aquaman without calling it a steaming pile of **** immediately afterwards. Good job...you must be a very strong-willed person.

Here are some of the games we marked down today.

Moto GP - 4.99 (easily the best deal)
Ico - 14.99
EGRA-9.99 (we marked it down a while back but its still a good deal)
Gunvalkyrie - 4.99
NCAA College BBall2k3 - 2.99

I picked up Gunvalkyrie, Quantum Redshift, and Smashing Drive, all marked down. The first two were $5, Smashing Drive was $3. All were brand new.

Also, I saw that Terminator: Dawn of Fate was priced at $12.99, and Terminator 3 was $9.99. All Xbox games. There were also an assload of games marked for clearance at $14.99 and under. PS2 didn't have many for less than $19.99. GCN had maybe one, most of the GCN clearance titles were complete crap.

They had many copies of the clearance titles at EB in Magnolia Mall, Florence, SC as of noon today.

I got the following!

Quantum Redshift $4.99
Whiteout $4.99
NFL 2K2 $4.99
New Legends $2.99
Pulse Racer $5.99

All Brand Spanking New, All XBOX

I just got Gunvalkyre and Quantum Redshift...Thanks for the heads up.

I was hoping they'd have Aquaman, I love to buy shitty games at cheap ass prices, there so "fun" to play.

[quote name='PsyClerk']I picked up Gunvalkyrie, Quantum Redshift, and Smashing Drive, all marked down. The first two were $5, Smashing Drive was $3. All were brand new. [/quote]

I think Smashing Drive is very under rated and is definetly worth $3. It got bad reviews because it's a port of a short arcade game and it seems like most arcade ports don't get reviewed well unless they have tons of extras. As an arcade fan, I thought it was a lot of fun to play.

Lots of 2003 sports titles marked down. I looked over the GameCube clearance rack and they might have had ONE game under $19.99. Everything else was $19.99. I think some stuff marked clearance might have $24.99 on GCN. Stick with PS2 and Xbox.

I went to the eb at the supermall in auburn, wa and they didnt have any xbox games for the prices mentioned. There stuff was still at normal price.

[quote name='ryan838']I went to the eb at the supermall in auburn, wa and they didnt have any xbox games for the prices mentioned. There stuff was still at normal price.[/quote]

Chances are the price tags were wrong. Some EB stores aren't as quick to change price tags on the game cases. I have noticed quite a few times when other people post EB deals on this board and my local EB has the game but it is tagged for more, it still scans at the correct lower price.

i talked to a manager at the store in St. Louis, no such luck. he said sometimes they will have a sale like that ( i mentioned prices like 5.99, 2.99)

Picked up Wold Series 2K3 and NCAA Bball 2K3 for 2.99 each at the Canton, MA EB

Thanks for the deal :D

[quote name='ryan838']I went to the eb at the supermall in auburn, wa and they didnt have any xbox games for the prices mentioned. There stuff was still at normal price.[/quote]

I went to my EB today and they didn't even have one game listed in this thread. Not even any used. fuck.

I picked up WSB 2K3. It had a sticker of $9.99 but I asked the guy to scan it and it rang up $2.99. None of the games listed were marked at the sales price but I imagine they all wouold ring up correctly. Going back for Moto GP tomorrow

[quote name='ragepower']Moto GP is 4.99 and yes it applies to All EB's[/quote]

That is if any of the stores still have it. I checked three EBs in Manhattan and not one copy to be found. :cry:

Jeremy

I picked up:

Gun Valkyirie - $4.99
Robotech Battlecry Collector's Edition - $9.99

going back tomorrow to pick up a few more :) WSB2K3 and probably NBA Inside Drive 2003 for $3 a pop, may even get Aquaman just for giggles :D

My EB also had a rack of old PC games for 49 cents apiece...nothing too noteworthy there except a CD-Rom of Lawnmower Man...

I would suggest New Legends. I rented it awhile ago and it was a pretty enjoyable game, DEFINITELY worth $5 or less.

Went to my local EB to pick up World Series Baseball 2K3 for $2.99. OOS. Went to my other EB and grabbed the last copy. The clerk asked me if I would like to purchase the preowned copy and save some money. I told her, the new copy was cheaper. She looked, gasped, and said "you're right!". I handed her a copy of Clone Wars/Tetris in trade and got back a penny in change. What a deal. :)

Yes, always have the clerk check the price if you see a higher price tag. Every non-display copy of games I got yesterday still had the older, higher price (Quantum Redshift had $16.99).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Was at EB today and saw these prices. All the games were new:

$2.99
---------
[/quote]

xbox or ps2?

Yeah, always have them scan. Thats how I snagged Rygar eons ago for $9.99, the $25 sticker make people scared, I suppose :p

A few of those definately look like they should be bought... QR is a steal for $5, as is GUNVALKYIRE. And for $3, I'll try anything ;)

Northside of Indy EB Games, I got the following...

ESPN College Basketball 2k3 2.99
ESPN World Series Baseball (2k3) 2.99
Quantum Redshift 4.99
Moto GP 4.99
Gunvalkye (too lazy to look up spelling)4.99
Some Lotus Car Racing Game 2.99

Guy who rang me up was a little shocked at the prices, since the ALL had higher prices than they rang up with...

Thanks to the original poster for the deal......6 BRAND NEW games for less than $25 is hard to beat....

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Was at EB today and saw these prices. All the games were new:

$2.99
---------
World Series Baseball
Triple Play 2002
New Legends

$4.99
-----------
Aquaman
Quantum Redshift[/quote]

A big thanks for the heads up!

I picked up...

NCAA College Basketball 2K3
Triple Play 2002
NFL 2k2
NCAA College Football 2K3

All for just over 17 bucks.

I wiped out the EB Games in Annapolis (next to Fresh Fields and B&N).

Thanks again!

new legends suck, I played it and it kept on freezing but thanks for posting the 2.99 games, I might buy some and take them to gamerush and get like 5 bucks for them, lol

I went to a local EBG yesterday and the dude was like "Sale prices on Gun Valkyrie and Quantum Redshift? Wha'choo on boy?!" I swear this is not the first time the boneheads at EB look at me like I'm some kind of a mental defective. They always ask me "are you sure it's not an online price?" To which I reply "yes I'm sure dumb-ass!"

bread's done
Back