EB Manic Mondays Coupon(30% off any used game/accessory for every Monday in August)

ducksoda7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
Just came back from EB and used a coupon I got from an employee to get 30% off of a used copy of Silent Hill SM. Apparently, it can be used on any used game or accessory(limit of one game or accessory per customer). The coupons came in a sheet of three, and each one lists an individual date that it will work on.

August 9, 2010
August 16, 2010
August 23. 2010

The coupons, unfortunately, can't be combined with an Edge card, but 30% is still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='CAGirl']as the original thread on RFD shows, you CAN combine with Edge card :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I thought it was YMMV based on CSR?

[quote name='CHW']Interesting. So how do we get one of these coupons? =P[/QUOTE]
The employee just handed me one cause I happened to be buying a used game.

[quote name='Hockridge']Actually I was just there and they did combine it with the Edge card. 40% off is the best.[/QUOTE]
That's weird. The employee who handed me the coupons said you couldn't. Then again, that guy does have a habit of not knowing how promotions completely work.

[quote name='ducksoda7']That's weird. The employee who handed me the coupons said you couldn't. Then again, that guy does have a habit of not knowing how promotions completely work.[/QUOTE]

That's up to the CSR but the Edge card usually does not combine with any other offer.

I believe HQ has told them it can be combined, so as long as they read their emails they should allow it.

Some stores have coupons lying around on the counter, others will only allow you get get it with a purchase.

[quote name='Ranzo']It should not be combined. Problem Solved[/QUOTE]
Why not, what is source of your info?

Someone at RFD who I believe works at EB said they should have gotten an email from HQ saying they can stack the two promos.

Ranzo works at EB, I believe.

And hopefully someone trades Madden in within the next few weeks. Screw paying $70+ for it.

[quote name='Kekumba']Ranzo works at EB, I believe.

And hopefully someone trades Madden in within the next few weeks. Screw paying $70+ for it.[/QUOTE]
As long as you don't care about online play I guess that is a good idea. I have a feeling though your chances would be slim on snagging a copy before the end of the month.

I was in today trading in games and didn't see or hear anything about the coupons. How exactly do I aquire one? Do I just ask? I would like it to pick up a second copy of COD for $42 rather than $60 :p

You should get a coupon with any purchase at any EB games/gamestop locations right now. Unless you happen to hit a busy mall that has run out. If they don't hand one to you then ask them. They SHOULD be handing them out. You should also be getting a sample of AXE products too! haha

And no the edge card does not stack with this promo. they have received an email that it does not stack. it states it on the coupon and its in their emails.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I got Alan Wake for $31.50 :applause:

Next week will probably be Batman AA (haven't played it yet)[/QUOTE]
Were you lucky enough to have it come with the free DLC code?

Week One: Alan Wake (no dlc, but managed to buy one online for about $2)
Week Two: Afrika (first time I had ever seen a copy, new or used)
Week Three: ??? I'm stumped. I probably shouldn't pick anything up, but I'll take suggestions :D

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Week One: Alan Wake (no dlc, but managed to buy one online for about $2)
Week Three: ??? I'm stumped. I probably shouldn't pick anything up, but I'll take suggestions :D[/QUOTE]
Don't know if you have a Wii or not, but Silent Hill Shattered Memories is only $17.99 used.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Week One: Alan Wake (no dlc, but managed to buy one online for about $2)
Week Three: ??? I'm stumped. I probably shouldn't pick anything up, but I'll take suggestions :D[/QUOTE]
Have you played Rea Dead Redemption yet? Not exactly a barn burner price at $38.50 after discount but it's a great game with a lot of play time and some decent multi player.

Yeah, I grabbed RDR on release but have yet to finish it. I was engrossed for the first few hours, but honestly, once I got into Mexico, it started to feel a little repetitive. Online was a blast, with the right posse in tow. Shoot my horse for no reason and you'll be chased across the map by the member of my posse until you inevitably leave the room.

I'm thinking perhaps Metro 2033, unless anyone has something better to recommend. Perhaps I'll grab an older ps3 exclusive or something of the like. Again, suggestions are paramount.

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Yeah, I grabbed RDR on release but have yet to finish it. I was engrossed for the first few hours, but honestly, once I got into Mexico, it started to feel a little repetitive. [/QUOTE]

You need to push yourself through the boring Mexico section. It is the lull before the storm. You won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Were you lucky enough to have it come with the free DLC code?[/QUOTE]

No, it looks like its been used.

It's really hard to recommend games when we don't know what you like or have alread played. :)

[quote name='neospike']You need to push yourself through the boring Mexico section. It is the lull before the storm. You won't be disappointed.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']It's really hard to recommend games when we don't know what you like or have alread played. :)[/QUOTE]

Good point. Too many to actually list, but generally I'll buy anything if the price is right. I'm a sucker for PS3 exclusives, though.

I think I'd be better off trying to finish some of the games I've got rather than look for something for the collection. I'll definitely jump back into RDR and push on through Mexico.

If you like PS3 exclusives and RPG's you could try and snag Valkyria Chronicles. Fun and underrated game imo. It holds it's value pretty decent as well compared to a lot of other big name titles anyway.

There is always the old fashioned way, you could also browse through the list of PS3 exclusives and see if there are any that draw your attention. Go to the wiki page for the list of PS3 games and click twice on the little arrow icon beside in the Exclusive column (to get it to sort with Exclusives at the top of the list, if you click it once they'll be near the bottom).

Funny you should mention VC ... I have purchased and traded it in three times, most recently towards Afrika. I tried to like it ...actually loved the visual style but the time it takes to actually get to the missions drove me nuts.

I'll take your advice and peruse the wiki page. Might be a good time to try out a Ratchet and Clank or something of the like.

Much appreciated, Clark.

Oh, and by the way ... every time I see your avatar, Lindsay Buckingham's Holiday Road immediately starts playing in my head. :D

[quote name='Apollo Creed']Funny you should mention VC ... I have purchased and traded it in three times, most recently towards Afrika. I tried to like it ...actually loved the visual style but the time it takes to actually get to the missions drove me nuts.

I'll take your advice and peruse the wiki page. Might be a good time to try out a Ratchet and Clank or something of the like.

Much appreciated, Clark.

Oh, and by the way ... every time I see your avatar, Lindsay Buckingham's Holiday Road immediately starts playing in my head. :D[/QUOTE]
Hehe, hopefully that isn't too much of a bad thing.

Such a great song and series. I watch Christmas Vacation at least once every single holiday season. Classic.

no, it's very original, & i'd love to have it.... but a whole $60? i always do $30 or less on every ps3 game, except lbp goty which i should have waited some more on ($45) & lbp2CE hopefully for $80 if it's in canada (GT5 CE also maybe...)

It was $30 using the coupon. That's why I grabbed it. I do agree with you, $60 is too much, in many cases for most titles. I have to admit, I've already dumped 6+ hours into Afrika.

bread's done
Back