EB Marvel VS Capcom for PS2 online 69.99 instore 79.99

[quote name='FatoonsBaby710']Dude I bought this game for $5 brand new at a CC clearance like 2 years ago. How much you think its worth now??[/QUOTE]

ill guess, 69.99

[quote name='oremites']So how much does it cost at Gamecrazy? And is it in stock?[/QUOTE]

40 new and 30 used. BIG YMMV if it's in-stock

it's a fairly rare game these days, but EB is hiking the price too? thas so wrong...

[quote name='FatoonsBaby710']Dude I bought this game for $5 brand new at a CC clearance like 2 years ago. How much you think its worth now??[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. I think I sold it later that year for about $50.

[quote name='oremites']So how much does it cost at Gamecrazy? And is it in stock?[/QUOTE]

True you may not find it but if you do I can guarantee it will not be over 30.00

I have found many rare titles like ICO at Gamecrazy for 7.19. Gamecrazy doesn't use ebay as their pricing guide like gamestop and EB do. I use to love Gamestop but lately thier prices are just insane. Another example is a used Dark Alliance II for the PS2 is used for 49.99

I just don't shop their anymore.. I travel the extra 5 miles to the Gamecrazy stores.

For a cheapassgamer like myself I see no really good deals at GS and EB anymore

[quote name='dsullo']True you may not find it but if you do I can guarantee it will not be over 30.00

I have found many rare titles like ICO at Gamecrazy for 7.19. Gamecrazy doesn't use ebay as their pricing guide like gamestop and EB do. I use to love Gamestop but lately thier prices are just insane. Another example is a used Dark Alliance II for the PS2 is used for 49.99

I just don't shop their anymore.. I travel the extra 5 miles to the Gamecrazy stores.

For a cheapassgamer like myself I see no really good deals at GS and EB anymore[/QUOTE]
GameCrazy is a better value as a whole, but there's a big drawback with them too: at least here in Metro Detroit, the GameCrazy stores are a fraction of the size of their competitors and their selection sucks. If I walk into an EB or GameStop looking for a certain game, there's a good chance they'll have it (even if it is overpriced), but GameCrazy is very, very hit or miss.

how come the XBOX and DREAMCAST version aren't worth as much as the PS2 one? It seems the PS2 one is getting all the hype, and press.

[quote name='tenzor']how come the XBOX and DREAMCAST version aren't worth as much as the PS2 one? It seems the PS2 one is getting all the hype, and press.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, isn't the PS2 version just a port of the Dreamcast version or did they add things to it?

My idiot friend managed to break my copy of this game. He scratched the top of the disk and thought it wouldn't do anything.

[quote name='Dunned']My idiot friend managed to break my copy of this game. He scratched the top of the disk and thought it wouldn't do anything.[/quote]

Now thats a dumbass who should not come within 500 feet of any game. I would have at the very least "pimp slapped" him for that if I was you.

[quote name='maddfrog']I was thinking the same thing, isn't the PS2 version just a port of the Dreamcast version or did they add things to it?[/QUOTE]

The PS2 one is a port of the DC version -- odds are it just has to do with demand. Fact is the DC never sold that well vs. the PS2 which you have a huge consumer base for -- thus more ppl who are willing to fork $$$ for a game that's rare. You'd think it'd be the other way around. Of course, it still might end up that way many more years down the line when the games we have are considered collectibles like the NES/Atari cartridges of yore.

it was $69.99 instore before. i guess it went up $10 since then. this and Disgea 1 first print (until they reprinted them) was the most expensive game at Eb/Gs.

i actually passed on this several times at the store. i did buy it 2 years ago at $44.99 (-10% with the edgecard). managed to buy 2 of them (sold 1 on ebay for about $98). i wouldnt be surprised if Nocturne goes up as well cause that has a very big potential.

And I have no problem playing my complete $3 DC version alllll dayyyyy longggg. How can I when it's 99% off the price of your $300 auction?

I never understood why this game had such a following. I love most of Capcom's old fighting games, but the Vs engine just never appealed to me. It got ok ratings but didnt seem like anything spectacular.

:puke:

I got my personal copy, but I really want one to collect since this will NEVER be back in print. maybe I can snag a low BIN as soon as it's listed.

Sorry for the double post-- isn't there a 25% off code floating around? Some answer quickly please

Wow, just over a year ago I picked one of these up as part of a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale at EB. I think it was $49.99 at the time. I sold it to help pay for the other two games and got about $70 for it. It was mint/complete and I included pictures too. Amazing how it has gone up since then even...

PS2 version is probably sought after now because it's the only version that's playable on a next gen system. You've got all these guys that got a PS3 because they just have to have it. Now, they're going after all the uber rare games so their collection will be "complete".

[quote name='Apossum']Sorry for the double post-- isn't there a 25% off code floating around? Some answer quickly please[/quote]

aff25

[quote name='Dunned']My idiot friend managed to break my copy of this game. He scratched the top of the disk and thought it wouldn't do anything.[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't lend my games to friends.

[quote name='ananag112']Which version of the game is best? Dreamcast, Xbox, or PS2?[/quote]

Dreamcast. Good thing it's also the cheapest by far.

[quote name='depascal22']Dreamcast. Good thing it's also the cheapest by far.[/QUOTE]

I see. What are the differences?

I own the Xbox version and the only thing which bother me so far are the controls, but I purchased an adapter for it which lets me use other controllers for it.

I still have my mint complete copy... I got it for like $10 after I traded in a bunch of clearance TRU games 2 years ago into swapyourgames.com. In all, I must've spent $40 for it new at the time.

I hardly play it these days, but I am tempted to sell it for about $100 sometime.

I still have my DC copy. It's crazy how much people will pay for it for PS2. Regarding which version is better? DC would make the most sense. The arcade version was done on the Naomi board. Dreamcast and Naomi are essentially the same "system". Thus, Naomi games on DC are pretty much arcade perfect. Both Capcom vs SNK games are also Naomi. I have both (import) for DC. I don't know the details, but have heard the PS2 MvsC2 was not a perfect port.

It amazes me that 2-D shooters, 2-D Castlevania games and Capcom fighting games are in high demand, but I always thought the whole point of new tech was to MOVE FORWARD?????

And to me, who kinda dislikes most things Capcom anyway, I have NEVER understood the fascination with 2-D anything from them, nor with the popularity of their Devil May Cry series, which to me had a broken camera.

But, to each their own, now if I could just find about 10 copies of this game to hoard and Ebay, I could buy a couple PS3's.

I bit. I figure if the copy is all fucked up, which it will be, then I can at least return it in store. it's worth a shot since the cheapest one on Ebay is $90. Hopefully this will not be all scratched up-- even if it's disc only, it'll be my playing copy, while mint and complete will be my collection copy.

it was $58 shipped after AFF25 (thanks r00kie!)

who would have thought that MvC2 would be the PS2's Suikoden II?

[quote name='BULL_Ship']The ps2 version is actually broken if you ask real fighting game fans...[/quote]

True. I have a friend who is addicted to this game.

I bought Swap Magic for 20 bux, downloaded MVC2 for free, and was like
"Look! I got a game $100 game for $20 bux!"

He wasn't impressed:
"Nah, I'm cool with my DC version, the PS2 has some slowdown issues."

I was like huh? Then I realized that he plays super fast with Magneto, Storm, Psylocke, Iron Man, Sentinal, etc. He'll do like a 50 hit air combo without breaking a sweat... and he's not even considered a top player.

Whats cool about the DC version of MVC2 is that you can make custom soundtracks. I mostly make heavy metal sondtracks, while my friends makes 80's tracks; transformers music, top gun, and music from other fighting games.

Also, I was able to find SVC Chaos (europe) for the PS2.

[quote name='maddfrog']I was thinking the same thing, isn't the PS2 version just a port of the Dreamcast version or did they add things to it?[/quote]
Its the eaxact same game, its just that the ps2 version is rare and desired. You could buy a dreamcast and the game for cheaper than buying it at eb or ebay.

[quote name='Derrick1979']those are some crack head prices... What is EB turning into an EBay store now?[/quote]

It seriously is. It has gotten 10 times worse since the merger also. They need some serious competition and they need it quickly.

I didn't know it was worth so much. I bought it from a friend along with 4 other games for 30 bucks about a year ago. I played the crap out of it for a few weeks then got bored of it.

bread's done
Back