[EB] New Games Available for T3G1F: Nationwide List

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was in EB this afternoon when the dude working there was putting up the brand new list of games that are available for T3's nationwide. Yes, some EBs are down with letting you use T3s towards any upcoming title but some are not and stick to this list.

It's nice to see that EB is putting games on the list that people are actually interested in. Right now I've already pre-ordered and paid off Dragon Age: Origins, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Halo 3 ODST, Batman Arkham Asylum, NHL 10, and Madden 10 (also Modern Warfare 2 because my local store let me). I'm interested how it's going to work for DJ Hero considering it's going to cost $120+.

So... what are you planning on getting?

CAG-1.jpg

Ooh, might do this for Uncharted 2, Beatles, and NHL 10, provided I can find suitable trade-fodder.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I'm thinking they just give you the regular value of $70?[/QUOTE]
If you or someone else could find out, it would be nice since this is the only game that is worth T3G1F

Already have Batman, Modern Warfare 2, and two Wolfenstein's pre-ordered, but I may switch up the two Wolfenstein's and MW2 to Dragon Age, Uncharted 2 and Halo 3: ODST. I still want to get Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 and Mass Effect 2 pre-ordered.

[quote name='djblue']If you or someone else could find out, it would be nice since this is the only game that is worth T3G1F[/QUOTE]

T3G1F only works on titles that are $69.99 and under. Anything over that or collector's editions of games don't work for T3. Standard EB Rule.

If someone at a counter is unsure when you want to do trade 3, get them to check their marketing book for that month. It lists the planned T3 games for that month.

nice list, counted six games I wanted, I gotta find some cheap games with $8 value as my qualifying games on my shelf grows smaller, need to really start playing the ones that do, half of which are still shrink wrapped

[quote name='djblue']so why is DJ Hero listed[/QUOTE]

That list is just the Coming Soon list/games that EB/Gamestop have a deal with for game promotions. Traditionally all the games on those lists are Trade in 3 but normally there's supposed to be a stipulation sign hanging on the bottom of those saying the fine print (The $69.99 and under rule, games trade in for $8 or more, etc...) but most stores stopped displaying them because the list changed too frequently or it looked tacky.

Activision has promo space set aside for itself in most stores with a Guitar Hero demo machine and a rack or two displaying their coming soon games. They also put their games on the coming soon sign.

[quote name='Proton Jon']T3G1F only works on titles that are $69.99 and under. Anything over that or collector's editions of games don't work for T3. Standard EB Rule.

If someone at a counter is unsure when you want to do trade 3, get them to check their marketing book for that month. It lists the planned T3 games for that month.[/QUOTE]

Not quite.
I just did a T3 today for Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition. The game retails for $90, but they just put the full value ($69) towards the pre-order.

Nice...there's at least seven games on that list that I'll be looking at. Time to start gathering titles. Thanks for the heads up :D

[quote name='neksus']Not quite.
I just did a T3 today for Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition. The game retails for $90, but they just put the full value ($69) towards the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Great minds Neksus. I actually did that with Dragon Age.... today. haha

Hmm when pre-ordering Modern Warfare 2 I was told I couldn't pre-order the Hardened Edition; honestly one of the EBs near me is so whack, can I change pre-orders between stores?

That list makes me sad because it reminds me how much I'm going to spend by the time winter comes around. And that's not even showing all the Q1 2010 titles.

I just preordered Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. They said they haven't received the Juggernaut code yet, but he told me they will be giving them out when it's released the 15th.

im the only one excited for the further adventures of rogue agent Sam Fisher.

(movie trailer voice)
"they killed his daughter... this time...
...it's personal"

/fanboyism

hi guys just wondering if you can trade ds games for this t3g1f promo?

edit: nm saw the ad :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this list!

I want Assassin's Creed 2, I hope it will be on the list in the next months,.

I am looking to get games for Assassin's Creed 2 and NHL 10... my list won't be too big, it's good.

How to get games: follow CAG and RFD for tips! BBV, Futureshop, EBgames GameDays...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Dragon Age ftw. I wonder if it'll be $50 like most PC games though? What does the CE have?[/QUOTE]

• Tin Case
  • Bonus DVD including:
    • A making of documentary
    • Soundtrack
    • Trailers
    • Wallpaper
    • Concept art video
    • Strategy tips.
  • Cloth Map
  • 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
    • Bergen’s Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack)
    • Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read
    • Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage)
  • Additional In Game Content
    • "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale
  • An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2
    • Get an exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2
And for pre-order:

• The GameStop Exclusive Feral Wolf Charm - With this charm, hunters claim that they are enchanted on moonlit nights by scantily clad witches deep in the heart of the Korcari Wilds. As if that's not enough, the charm also adds to your armor and increases your health regeneration.
  • The Memory Ring - Allows your character to accumulate experience points at an accelerated rate and level up more efficiently.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']Can I get some tips of how to attain fodder to trade in for these kinds of promos ? I'm kind of a newb at this[/QUOTE]

Me too.
Does this apply to any game or is there a list of some kind of which games apply?

[quote name='neksus']
  • Tin Case
  • Bonus DVD including:
    • A making of documentary
    • Soundtrack
    • Trailers
    • Wallpaper
    • Concept art video
    • Strategy tips.
  • Cloth Map
  • 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
    • Bergen’s Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack)
    • Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read
    • Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage)
  • Additional In Game Content
    • "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale
  • An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2
    • Get an exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2
And for pre-order:

• The GameStop Exclusive Feral Wolf Charm - With this charm, hunters claim that they are enchanted on moonlit nights by scantily clad witches deep in the heart of the Korcari Wilds. As if that's not enough, the charm also adds to your armor and increases your health regeneration.
  • The Memory Ring - Allows your character to accumulate experience points at an accelerated rate and level up more efficiently.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Nice tie-in with ME2 haha. Feral Wolf Charm = :hot:

I'm not big on CE's but I may just bite on this.

It's so hard to tell which CE's are going to be gold and which are going to be copper; MGS4, Halo 3 LE, Resistance 2, Fallout 3, all of those are readily available at most retailers; BlazBlue, SFIV, WarCraft 3, World of WarCraft, and I'm sure others are rare and quite hard to find. If I become more dedicated in the flipping of games, I most likely won't spend more than $50 on a CE anyways, which is about what I would pay for the extra goodies; I may splurge on the Batman: Arkham Asylum CE, but only because if I don't get that batarang I may die.

edit: i'm sure this has been asked before, but others may be wondering given the current BBV promo; how does EB handle games without manuals? In my experience, BBV is terrible for losing or damaging game manuals, so it's quite possible I may find three titles to qualify, but they will be manual-less; any thoughts?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm when pre-ordering Modern Warfare 2 I was told I couldn't pre-order the Hardened Edition; honestly one of the EBs near me is so whack, can I change pre-orders between stores?[/QUOTE]

which eb are you talking about? the one at Conestoga?
Anyways unfortunetly no, you cant change pre-orders between stores last time i checked.

I'm actually in Toronto for the summer, so I have a few pre-orders set up at the EB in Centrepoint Mall; I have only pre-ordered one game at Conestoga (Halo Wars CE) and they were awesome about it; polite, courteous, quick, and called me to remind me of the pre-order. I should be making all these pre-orders at that EB since I might not be back in Toronto to pick up the games haha

Same with my local EB. They have the sign hanging above the cash with the games they will let you preorder. I ended up with Batman because they weren't letting me do Modern Warfare 2 because it was to far away. I think everything on their list will be out by the end of August, heck half of them were already out (FNR4, GH5,etc).

[quote name='Pavel6969']Same with my local EB. They have the sign hanging above the cash with the games they will let you preorder. I ended up with Batman because they weren't letting me do Modern Warfare 2 because it was to far away. I think everything on their list will be out by the end of August, heck half of them were already out (FNR4, GH5,etc).[/QUOTE]

My EB also had something similar but they also had games coming out later like Uncharted 2.

Anyways I managed to snag Batman Arkham Asylum for PS3 using:

- Mass Effect (360)
- LoTR Conquest (PS3)
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (360)

I tried to snag Uncharted 2, but one of my games didnt have booklet so he said he couldnt take it.

Note: No booklet/no case = no deal for Trade3G1 promotions

[quote name='bleak']Nationalized medicine and now this? Damn you Canada why do you mock me[/QUOTE]

hahahah
You just made my...hour

[quote name='lustyhitter']I would do the T3G1 deal for Uncharted 2 and A Crack In Time. I need to see the list of games that qualify, though.[/QUOTE]
EVERYTHING qualifies. There is no bloody list. I have Modern Warfare 2, L4D2, Assassin's Creed 2, Wolfenstein (AKA Halo 3 with a free Wolfenstein rental) and Dragon Age all on pre-order via this deal. Can even use it to get games that are in store as soon as you trade in the 3 games. I did all of that through a manager of the store as well, so unless the manager was an idiot....or maybe he just realized I would just get a bunch of Wolfensteins and trade them in for whatever I wanted anyways. Either way, there is no list and everything qualifies from my experience.

[quote name='Ulchie']EVERYTHING qualifies. There is no bloody list. I have Modern Warfare 2, L4D2, Assassin's Creed 2, Wolfenstein (AKA Halo 3 with a free Wolfenstein rental) and Dragon Age all on pre-order via this deal. Can even use it to get games that are in store as soon as you trade in the 3 games. I did all of that through a manager of the store as well, so unless the manager was an idiot....or maybe he just realized I would just get a bunch of Wolfensteins and trade them in for whatever I wanted anyways. Either way, there is no list and everything qualifies from my experience.[/QUOTE]

REally ? You got lucky. My EBGames wouldnt let me do this to get MW2. So instead I got Batman and Uncharted 2.

Try another store. Worst case scenario, get Wolfenstein on pre-order and then just take it back because it's a Gaming Guarantee, and get anything you want.

I haven't been following the hockey games lately but I'm thinking of picking one up this year. Which would you guys prefer, nhl 10 or nhl 2k10

Traded in:

Soul caliber 4 PS3
Alone in the Dark: Inferno PS3
Baja: EOC X60
Sonic Unleashed PS3
= USED DS LITE - wanted an x360 but they didn't have any left =(

Resistance: Fall of Man PS3
Lord of the Rings Conquest X360 (did not have manual)
Star Wars Force Unleashed PS3 (did not have manual)
= Drake Uncharted 2 PS3

Custom Robo DS
New Super Mario Bros DS
Children of Mana DS
= Modern Warfare 2 PS3

Not bad at all considering that i only paid like 80 bucks and had a few games that was sitting on the shelf!

[quote name='sinath']Traded in:

Soul caliber 4 PS3
Alone in the Dark: Inferno PS3
Baja: EOC X60
Sonic Unleashed PS3
= USED DS LITE - wanted an x360 but they didn't have any left =(

Resistance: Fall of Man PS3
Lord of the Rings Conquest X360 (did not have manual)
Star Wars Force Unleashed PS3 (did not have manual)
= Drake Uncharted 2 PS3

Custom Robo DS
New Super Mario Bros DS
Children of Mana DS
= Modern Warfare 2 PS3

Not bad at all considering that i only paid like 80 bucks and had a few games that was sitting on the shelf![/QUOTE]

How'd you get them to accept the games without manuals ? I got refused cause one of mine didnt have a manual.

[quote name='stetson717']I haven't been following the hockey games lately but I'm thinking of picking one up this year. Which would you guys prefer, nhl 10 or nhl 2k10[/QUOTE]

NHL 10 easy. NHL 09 was one of the best games I played last year (not just best sports game... one of the best games period.) It's best if you have a bunch of people to play on the same team with though.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']How'd you get them to accept the games without manuals ? I got refused cause one of mine didnt have a manual.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought I was gonna get shut down after reading "game needed to be complete" from a few post but the EB game's clerk just opened the games 1 by 1 and just looked at the discs and then just scanned the game without saying anything so I might be lucky.

Gonna go to my BBV tomorrow to look up more fodder. I really want Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and NFS Shift.

[quote name='Ulchie']Try another store. Worst case scenario, get Wolfenstein on pre-order and then just take it back because it's a Gaming Guarantee, and get anything you want.[/QUOTE]

I dont think they'll let me do T3G1F on Wolfenstein since it aint on the list. These guys stick to the book.

[quote name='sinath']Yeah I thought I was gonna get shut down after reading "game needed to be complete" from a few post but the EB game's clerk just opened the games 1 by 1 and just looked at the discs and then just scanned the game without saying anything so I might be lucky.

Gonna go to my BBV tomorrow to look up more fodder. I really want Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and NFS Shift.[/QUOTE]

The employee I dealt with didn't even open up the cases to check the discs!
Like I know they have my contact information and all but still....

[quote name='Ulchie']Try another store. Worst case scenario, get Wolfenstein on pre-order and then just take it back because it's a Gaming Guarantee, and get anything you want.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand. How can I do T3G1F for Wolfenstein, cause it isnt in the list ?
I dont understand what you mean by preorder ?

Also, I was wondering would I be able to do this T3G1F for a game I dont like and intend on returning it brand new or just getting a refund on it for a different game ? Would that work ?

bread's done
Back