[EB] New Games Available for T3G1F: Nationwide List

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was in EB this afternoon when the dude working there was putting up the brand new list of games that are available for T3's nationwide. Yes, some EBs are down with letting you use T3s towards any upcoming title but some are not and stick to this list.

It's nice to see that EB is putting games on the list that people are actually interested in. Right now I've already pre-ordered and paid off Dragon Age: Origins, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Halo 3 ODST, Batman Arkham Asylum, NHL 10, and Madden 10 (also Modern Warfare 2 because my local store let me). I'm interested how it's going to work for DJ Hero considering it's going to cost $120+.

So... what are you planning on getting?

CAG-1.jpg

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']I dont understand. How can I do T3G1F for Wolfenstein, cause it isnt in the list ?
I dont understand what you mean by preorder ?

Also, I was wondering would I be able to do this T3G1F for a game I dont like and intend on returning it brand new or just getting a refund on it for a different game ? Would that work ?[/QUOTE]
?? It was right there on the ad for T3G1F at the stores I went to. You guys are gettin shafted. I went to 2 different stores in the Calgary area, and at BOTH stores the managers of the store let me trade for whatever I wanted. Find a different EB, as it's obvious you're going to one where they actually DON'T know what they're doing. I seen the ad myself at the store, and Wolfestein was up there. In the fine print it also said you could trade for any upcoming game. ANY. I could go and trade my pre-order of Assassin's Creed 2 for ME2 if I wanted (and most likely will, because Assassin's Creed was kinda meh for me)

As far as trading a new game in, I believe some Walmarts let you do that. I'm not sure about EB because I've never tried but you could always give it a go. The standard story of "I got this for a present but had already bought it" etc....anyone here that can answer this?

[quote name='Ulchie']

As far as trading a new game in, I believe some Walmarts let you do that. I'm not sure about EB because I've never tried but you could always give it a go. The standard story of "I got this for a present but had already bought it" etc....anyone here that can answer this?[/QUOTE]

If you mean to return a game to Walmart that you bought somewhere else, don't do it, that's fraud.

Back to the thread, the EBs around here are pretty inconsistent with the T3G1F list. A couple have those hanging overhead signs up, and referred me to that, but each store has a different bunch of games hanging up for some reason. One finally showed me the actual list in their promo binder and it didn't even come close to the signs from the other store. From what I remember, pretty much any big fall release is on the list now.. the only two I couldn't get were Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']I dont understand. How can I do T3G1F for Wolfenstein, cause it isnt in the list ?
I dont understand what you mean by preorder ?

Also, I was wondering would I be able to do this T3G1F for a game I dont like and intend on returning it brand new or just getting a refund on it for a different game ? Would that work ?[/QUOTE]
Strange, Wolfenstein has been on the T3 list at all the locations I've been to.

However, you are able to cancel a T3 preorder and just put it towards different game. I've done it before with a couple games that weren't on the T3 list in the past. The only thing is that you don't do it on the same day you do the initial trade or it may look sketchy.

Here they only have the sign thats been hanging for a while with wolfenstein batman, marvel and a few others, but it was no problem doing call of duty. Never even open the game cases to see if there was discs in them.

[quote name='neksus']www.tivs.ca
Everything highlighted in yellow. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Regardless of gaming system? (3x $8+ DS games for an Xbox 360 game)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Baztian']Regardless of gaming system? (3x $8+ DS games for an Xbox 360 game)?[/QUOTE]

yes regardless of gaming system. you can trade 3 ds games for a xbox360 game. just make sure they are over $8 tiv.

Allllright team, spoke to one of my local EB's and found a potential upsetting/beneficial new policy they are enabling. If you want to change a pre-order, the EB store will cancel the pre-order, look at the games you traded in for that game, then re-assess the current value of the said games, and if the games current value is over the $8 minimum, you can change the pre-order, but if they are not, you can either cancel the pre-order and use the credit on a new pre-order, or keep the pre-order as-is. For example:

I trade in GRAW2 (PS3), GRAW2 (Xbox 360), Mass Effect for Batman: Arkham Asylum on July 2nd. Reviews come out on August 24th, and the game is ho-hum, so I want to change my pre-order to Modern Warfare 2. EB will check the current TIVs of each game, and just say GRAW2 is only $5, I cannot change my pre-order to something else. All I can do is keep the pre-order, accept the credit for the games I traded in, or (assumingly) trade in another +$8 title to replace GRAW2, and take the credit on GRAW2. If all the TIVs are +$8, then I'm all set to change my pre-order.

I'm not sure how this is going to do anything but hurt the dedicated gamers, since most hoarders pre-order the Gaming Guarantee games anyways (I would assume). Luckily for me, I doubt I'd need to change my pre-orders for Batman, Uncharted 2, Halo 3 or Dragon Age: Origins. So I would suggest being a bit more careful with your pre-order selections in the future! If Batman ends up sucking I'll have to throw it on Goozex or something. Cheers guys.

The Batman demo is out on xbox live now, that might help your decision making... or just change it to Wolfenstein now. It comes out a week before Batman so the timing would be perfect.

Why not just use the gaming Garantee on wolfenstein with your T3GIF? Thats what i did cause my store will only limit me to that ones on the list.

Well I can't change any pre-orders now given the new policy, but I was also told (at the same EB, mind you) that the GG only works on future T3 pre-orders. So in essence, I can trade in Wolfenstein, but only for another T3 title. Obviously this is not what the Gaming Guarantee implies, so I think I may just stop going to that location altogether.

Traded at EB Games today

Shellshock - 360
PGR4 - 360
LOTR: Conquest - 360

Traded towards Wolfenstein gaming guarantee

When I was there I noticed someone had traded in a 360 SF4 Arcade stick which I promptly bought for 29.99. BEST DAY EVER!

[quote name='brahmabull']I just preordered Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. They said they haven't received the Juggernaut code yet, but he told me they will be giving them out when it's released the 15th.[/QUOTE]

You just put your receipt number in the fields on ebgames site and they email you the code before the game is out. I'll pm you the link on ebgames website.

[quote name='TripleQ']If you mean to return a game to Walmart that you bought somewhere else, don't do it, that's fraud.

Back to the thread, the EBs around here are pretty inconsistent with the T3G1F list. A couple have those hanging overhead signs up, and referred me to that, but each store has a different bunch of games hanging up for some reason. One finally showed me the actual list in their promo binder and it didn't even come close to the signs from the other store. From what I remember, pretty much any big fall release is on the list now.. the only two I couldn't get were Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands.[/QUOTE]
You totally misunderstood my post. Some Walmarts legitimately accept new games that are still in wrapping even if you haven't bought it there. I wasn't advising him to defraud walmart at all.

In order for WM to take the game back, you must say that the game was originally purchased from WM in the first place; if you say it was, but are in fact lying, this is what we call fraud.

[quote name='Ulchie']You totally misunderstood my post. Some Walmarts legitimately accept new games that are still in wrapping even if you haven't bought it there. I wasn't advising him to defraud walmart at all.[/QUOTE]

I think that's exactly what fraud is you nob. Just because you do it with ease doesn't mean it's good.

[quote name='game_fanatic']In order for WM to take the game back, you must say that the game was originally purchased from WM in the first place; if you say it was, but are in fact lying, this is what we call fraud.[/QUOTE]

Some RFD migrants just don't get it sadly.

hey kathos, did you catch my post about the new T3 policy? It should be on the previous page; have you heard anything about the new rules?

Wow, glad I found this thread. I pre-ordered Madden 10 yesterday with 3 trade ins all worth over $8 and the jerk didn't tell me about this deal. Definitely going back today..

I was just wondering if I could trade multiple copies of the same game.
For eg. 3 copies of Untold Legends for example?

[quote name='saiftk']I was just wondering if I could trade multiple copies of the same game.
For eg. 3 copies of Untold Legends for example?[/QUOTE]

According to tivs' FAQ, it says they do not accept Multiple copies of the same game unless it's on a different platform, like you trade in NBA2K9 for 360 and PS3.

[quote name='kathos']I think that's exactly what fraud is you nob. Just because you do it with ease doesn't mean it's good.

Some RFD migrants just don't get it sadly.[/QUOTE]
RFD migrants? I've never used Red Flag Deals. You ASSume an awful lot here.

I'm sorry, but I've never ever returned any games to Walmart in that fashion, I had just heard of others who returned games there and I never thought they did it in that manner. My apologies if others were abusing the system, but I thought it was legit. Then again, I've never tried to return a game there myself, so I wouldn't know.

[quote name='saiftk']I was just wondering if I could trade multiple copies of the same game.
For eg. 3 copies of Untold Legends for example?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I had multiple copies of Star Wars: TFU and LOTR Conquest and was informed that they don't accept multiple copies.

[quote name='chrisryans']or you could trade 1 in for madden and get it for 20, a much better deal![/QUOTE]

It's trade in 2 get it for $20 is it not?

If the small paper at my local EB is any indication, Modern Warfare 2 is officially apart of the T3G1F promo now.

Whats strange is that is wasn't on a big display or anything, it was just on a piece of paper along with the other games that are apart of the T3G1F.

[quote name='adayinthelife']It's trade in 2 get it for $20 is it not?[/QUOTE]
You're right, my bad. I think I confused it with that Fight Night promo that went on. I fail at CAG. :sadface:

[quote name='adayinthelife']It's trade in 2 get it for $20 is it not?[/QUOTE]

Actually for Madden10 and NHL10 it is Trade 2 pay 10$. This weekend only.

My store wouldn't do the T3G1F for COD, but I wasn't surprised. I did manage to get NHL 10 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 preordered though. I traded in:

Deblob (Wii) - $8
Saints Row (360)
Too Human (360)
Tetris (DS) - $13
Oblivion (360)
TWO WORLDS (360) - $8

I brought in some other ones that didn't work, but I wasn't surprised.
N+ (DS) - $7
Geometry Wars (DS) - $4
Burnout Paradise (360) - $7
Bully (360) - $7.50

Also checked Mirrors Edge and Frontlines... but I can't remember their values.

Edit*
Just to let you guys know I also picked up The Club on 360 for $6.99 new... and according to TIVs.ca it's trading in for $9 as of today... so it would be an eligible title for the t3g1f. New were 6.99, used were 24.99... so you may want to jump on this if you need an extra game for T3G1F.

[quote name='poiuiu']Actually for Madden10 and NHL10 it is Trade 2 pay 10$. This weekend only.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm getting in on that since they screwed up my T3 last weekend. Yay for happy mistakes.

[quote name='craig64']
Edit*
Just to let you guys know I also picked up The Club on 360 for $6.99 new... and according to TIVs.ca it's trading in for $9 as of today... so it would be an eligible title for the t3g1f. New were 6.99, used were 24.99... so you may want to jump on this if you need an extra game for T3G1F.[/QUOTE]

Before anyone does that let it be known that it has dropped to $1 TIV today so it no longer works

[quote name='pmp1986']Before anyone does that let it be known that it has dropped to $1 TIV today so it no longer works[/QUOTE]
Too late, I did buy it yesterday (and since I could not trade it back at the same location/day) and I opened it (knowing it had to be opened to trade it)...

I will keep in case it goes up, or for BBV $10 minimum (if it's still on or when it will come back).

Too bad, I wanted to do T2+$20 (or $10 if possible) for NHl10.

I just wanted to confirm with you guys that Modern Warfare 2 is officially on the list. I just got back from the EB in the downtown Montreal area and traded some old games for Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2.

Take care.

LOL I've used the T3G1F to get Mass Effect 2. Love my EB, as they're letting me do T3G1F for literally anything. So basically I've now got Dragon Age, Wolfenstein*, Modern Warfare 2, L4D2 and ME2 all on pre-order.

*(AKA free wolfenstein and free Halo ODST rentals as they're both gaming guarantee's, so then it'll end up being something else. Hopefully within a month of ODSTs release something comes out that justifies trading ODST in for it...maybe Borderlands if it's good)

Hey, the EB around the block said they don't do T3G1's anymore and they said it's under review nation wide?

Can anyone else confirm?

[quote name='LastSky']Hey, the EB around the block said they don't do T3G1's anymore and they said it's under review nation wide?[/QUOTE]

This is the equivalent of a CAG Canada apocalypse if true.

In the wake of a possible CAGpocalypse (you're welcome), I phoned around. The guy across the city said that their store was still doing it but the local one isn't. I asked them why and they told me that it was under review because of clerks giving T3G1's for games that weren't supposed to. It's apparently on an 'indefinite hiatus' and it's currently under review.
Keep your fingers crossed CAGers, stay classy!

Whew, good thing I got my T3's in before this. Guess I'm one of the people that got the clerks giving it for games they shouldn't. Win!

[quote name='Ulchie']Love my EB, as they're letting me do T3G1F for literally anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same for mine, they'll even do it for games released in the last week!
I got MW2 and Uncharted 2 pre-ordered.

[quote name='LastSky']In the wake of a possible CAGpocalypse (you're welcome), I phoned around. The guy across the city said that their store was still doing it but the local one isn't. I asked them why and they told me that it was under review because of clerks giving T3G1's for games that weren't supposed to. It's apparently on an 'indefinite hiatus' and it's currently under review.
Keep your fingers crossed CAGers, stay classy![/QUOTE]

I've done 2 T3s in the past 2 days so I think it must only be your location.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I've done 2 T3s in the past 2 days so I think it must only be your location.[/QUOTE]

I've done one today as well..And learned they won't do it for Alpha Protocol so I went to Brutal Legend instead..Bloody weird. I hate the new manager. He speaks to everybody in this whiny, yet severely condescending voice. Going to start pre-ordering elsewhere, methinks.

Dufferin and Steeles location is also still doing T3. On my way there now to (hopefully) pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Brutal Legend

bread's done
Back