EB Price Drops

You guys think Disgaea 4 will drop more than that in the near future? Thinking bout picking that up and POP trilogy HD up (even though I know it has problems)

[quote name='Nukkus']don't get the POP trilogy, it is completely broken, even more so than the UK release.[/QUOTE]

That bad huh? Damn, the first game and third game deserve a good HD release :( Thanks for letting me know though, saved me $20.

[quote name='Nukkus']don't get the POP trilogy, it is completely broken, even more so than the UK release.[/QUOTE]

Broken how? I'm not being a dick, I'm seriously asking.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Broken how? I'm not being a dick, I'm seriously asking.[/QUOTE]

+1 Broken how???

Tons of graphical and audio glitches (many of which weren't present in the originals), a zoomed-in-field-of-view instead of proper widescreen, bad framerate (especially in 3D) and just a complete lack of attention and care (no redone textures or fixing of known issues). It's a rushed, ugly, glitchy, lazy port that tarnishes the legacy of one of the best games ever and its sequels.

Ubisoft releasing a product that feels rushed, sloppy, and as if as little work as possible was done? I don't believe it.

/end sarcasm

Damn, that's unfortunate as I was going to be all over it for that price.

$30 is a steal for Rayman. I encourage anyone to give it a go for that price.

[quote name='Bamm']Ubisoft releasing a product that feels rushed, sloppy, and as if as little work as possible was done? I don't believe it.

/end sarcasm[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but it's especially frustrating considering that Beyond Good & Evil HD was actually well-done. What could have been... *sigh*

[quote name='adayinthelife']Damn, that's unfortunate as I was going to be all over it for that price.

$30 is a steal for Rayman. I encourage anyone to give it a go for that price.[/QUOTE]

You can actually get Rayman @ TRU instore for only $19.99 still. So thats the better deal for it i think. :)

[quote name='Derfel']Tons of graphical and audio glitches (many of which weren't present in the originals), a zoomed-in-field-of-view instead of proper widescreen, bad framerate (especially in 3D) and just a complete lack of attention and care (no redone textures or fixing of known issues). It's a rushed, ugly, glitchy, lazy port that tarnishes the legacy of one of the best games ever and its sequels.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the fact that every sound effect now has an underwater/echo/reverb filter applied to it!

[quote name='spike32']That bad huh? Damn, the first game and third game deserve a good HD release :( Thanks for letting me know though, saved me $20.[/QUOTE]

$20 where is it for that sale price ? my friend in the states has it and he said their is some issues but it's still playable. if i can price match this at walmart then great.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']$20 where is it for that sale price ? my friend in the states has it and he said their is some issues but it's still playable. if i can price match this at walmart then great.[/QUOTE]

The game is only available at EB/Gamestop in North America.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']$20 where is it for that sale price ? my friend in the states has it and he said their is some issues but it's still playable. if i can price match this at walmart then great.[/QUOTE]

It's in the link on the first post.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']You can actually get Rayman @ TRU instore for only $19.99 still. So thats the better deal for it i think. :)[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? The site shows $60

Doesn't matter to me as I've already got it, but it's a steal at either price (30 or 20).

I don't want to sound preachy, but that phrase that gets tossed around game forums so often, "speak with your wallet" works both ways. Personally I'd love to see more creative/different games like this and it's always such a damn shame when they don't sell well, and is the prime reason they're so few and far between.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGkrazy']You can actually get Rayman @ TRU instore for only $19.99 still. So thats the better deal for it i think. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's US-only.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I tried the first POP HD on PSN and it was really screwed up. What I noticed the most was audio problems. I would never buy it.[/QUOTE]

It's disgraceful. The thing that bothered me most of all was how they just zoomed in the image for fake widescreen so that instead of seeing more (like you're supposed to), you actually see less than you would with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Inexcusable.

[quote name='spike32']You guys think Disgaea 4 will drop more than that in the near future? Thinking bout picking that up and POP trilogy HD up (even though I know it has problems)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Disgaea 4 will drop to like 29.99 at least, eventually. I'm gonna hold off on it, I think I can find a copy around 30 on eBay sometime. I would jump on it now, but I haven't even finished 3 yet.

I AM tempted to pick up Yakuza 3 though, worth it at $20?

[quote name='Derfel']Indeed, but it's especially frustrating considering that Beyond Good & Evil HD was actually well-done. What could have been... *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I agree. I figure they spent time with BG&E pretty much because they have to make BG&E stand out to people to try and drum up interest for a (potential) sequel. Prince of Persia though, unfotunately has enough brand recognition for them to think they could get away with pulling this kind of stunt.

Wasn't this one of the first third-party PS2 classic compilations though? Potential example of hiccups and unforeseen problems before the emulation process was figured out maybe?

[quote name='Icetron']Pretty sure Disgaea 4 will drop to like 29.99 at least, eventually. I'm gonna hold off on it, I think I can find a copy around 30 on eBay sometime. I would jump on it now, but I haven't even finished 3 yet.

I AM tempted to pick up Yakuza 3 though, worth it at $20?[/QUOTE]

I'd consider it worth $20. It's a surprisingly fun game to play. It's pretty funny how they set the random encounter fights up too. I love how the bulk of them are effectively the result of Yakuza wannabes literally not knowing who they were trying to mess with, which was a pretty refreshing change of pace for justifying random battles.

[quote name='Bamm']Wasn't this one of the first third-party PS2 classic compilations though? Potential example of hiccups and unforeseen problems before the emulation process was figured out maybe?[/QUOTE]

I suppose that's true, but it was released a full year after the God of War Collection had already proved that an HD upgrade could be a genuine and significant improvement over the original version. It just smacks of laziness and cynicism for them to do absolutely nothing to improve the PoP games, and in fact go on to make the so-called "upgraded" versions inferior to the original releases.

Get Yakuza, its SOOOOOOO worth $20! I ordered the Splinter Cell HD collection, wanted it recently but didn't want to pay $39+. At $20 its a great deal! Thanks OP!

[quote name='Nukkus']The game is only available at EB/Gamestop in North America.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not. I saw it at Walmart but their was only 1 Copy left. wasn't sure how much it was going for and that was sometime this month

[quote name='Norieaga']Get Yakuza, its SOOOOOOO worth $20! I ordered the Splinter Cell HD collection, wanted it recently but didn't want to pay $39+. At $20 its a great deal! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

that reminds me... i need to get Yakuza 4 ! Yakuza 3 was pretty good !

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Quick question, for Disgeaa 4 do you need to play the first 3 to even bother playing 4, or no?[/QUOTE]

Disgaea 1-3 are not related in any way to each other, so I would assume no. And I really don't know whether to wait for it or not, I still haven't even played Disgaea 3.

does EB games offer FREE SHIPPING on their website? i went to 3 different stores in my area and none of them had any copies of SPLINTER CELL TRILOGY

[quote name='rana09']does EB games offer FREE SHIPPING on their website? i went to 3 different stores in my area and none of them had any copies of SPLINTER CELL TRILOGY[/QUOTE]

I think on orders over 20 it's free.... before it was 39.99 >_> not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

Shipping is free for all orders $20 and up before taxes and after coupons, as demonstrated by the EB $5 off coupon thread last week. Alotta guys here bought alotta PSN cards.

[quote name='poiuiu']Shipping is free for all orders $20 and up before taxes and after coupons, as demonstrated by the EB $5 off coupon thread last week. Alotta guys here bought alotta PSN cards.[/QUOTE]

ALOT.png

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

[quote name='Princess Zelda']PMed Rayman Origins at Best Buy. Beautiful game. My sons have enjoyed playing it.[/QUOTE]

I tried getting mine into it but all they do is fight over who gets which character.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I tried getting mine into it but all they do is fight over who gets which character.[/QUOTE]
Oh to be a kid again ...

$30 for Rayman worth it? What are the chances it'll drop even more in the months to come? FS still has it listed for $59.99 on their website. Do they pricematch EB Games?

[quote name='CrushEm']$30 for Rayman worth it? What are the chances it'll drop even more in the months to come? FS still has it listed for $59.99 on their website. Do they pricematch EB Games?[/QUOTE]

Of course it will keep dropping. But it still fully warrant its pricetag and you shoul pick it up. Or you could wait till its 5$ in the bin and then realize why oh why you waited this long for a great game.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I clicked thinking it would be $19.99 but it was still the overpriced $29.99. I'll wait another month. :)[/QUOTE]

It was worth the original price, and it's definitely worth $30. Just because it's a 2d platformer doesn't mean it took any less time or money to make it.

It's a fantastic game and I cannot say enough good things about it. If you love cartoon humor and action, you'll love Rayman Origins.

bread's done
Back