EB - Red Faction Guerllia $19.99 New, $14.99 Used

I gave this one a rental, but wasn't terribly impressed. It's supposed to be a huge game though, and it might be worth picking it up just to play it off and on.

Thanks for the heads up.

This game is on the list to trade in for mass effect 2 at rogers. I am thinking about picking up a ps3 copy and 360 copy and trading them to rogers. $39.98 for Mass Effect 2 seems like a good price to me.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Why not just buy them used killmax? With the edge discount, that's $26.98 plus tax![/QUOTE]

I will probably buy the PS3 one used but Rogers is anal about condition of the game so if you get one with scratches on it they will either not take it or they will charge you a referbishing fee.

Price drop, right? So no real hurry to pick this up... gotta give the wallet a break for awhile.

$14.99 sounds good to me. I'll be picking up White Knight Chronicles tomorrow at EB. If they have a used one, I'll consider buying it.

Red Faction Guerilla is an easy recommendation at 40$.
Getting it at half that price (and a third of the original retail price) is a steal !

Next time I'm there, I'll bite for the used if it's in stock. I was in there today preordering Splinter Cell Conviction and Bioshock 2. I have to swing by to finish paying off Dante's Inferno anyways, so it seems like a good time to pick up Red Faction since I didn't pick it up upon release.

How's the online community these days on the 360? I might give the single player a look, but I'm a little more interested in the multiplayer.

Specifically on this game I imagine it's weak, but not dead. There's probably people that still pop this in every now and then. You obviously wouldn't have the volume of something like Halo or Call of Duty, but still...

Aww, and I picked this up in December for $40. Damn I should've waited.

Though I can speak for the 360 community when I say don't buy this if you're looking primarily for multiplayer. Last time I tried to play it took almost a half hour to even get a game of Siege going, which only requires 10 players or so.

You can get a higher frequency of games in the deathmatch mode, but it's still pretty barren.

[quote name='game_fanatic']You waited half an hour to play one multi-player game? You must really love siege![/QUOTE]Nah, I just wanted to try it out at least once. I just had it going on in the background while browsing the net. Maybe looking for some cheap games or something. :)

Interesting multiplayer and very cool things can happen-- like the time a bridge was shattered to prevent easy access to an objective point, and then someone knocked over a smokestack to use as an impromptu bridge. It's just a shame that almost no one plays it.

This is also on Rogers' Trade-3 list this month, and also may be used for the Trade-2 for Mass Effect 2 (need last month's flyer that says promo valid until Feb. 8th).

am I the only one who thought the game was horrible?
I mean the destruction mechanic was a decent gimmick I guess...but seriously the actual gameplay was so horribly repetitious
Nothing is better than doing the same things over and over and over again to gain control of the area...its almost like they had the gimmick and decided that was enough and just threw some incredibly lackluster gameplay to go along with it

...but maybe its just me though either way $19 is a decent price to try it out at

[quote name='kyle071785']am I the only one who thought the game was horrible?
I mean the destruction mechanic was a decent gimmick I guess...but seriously the actual gameplay was so horribly repetitious
Nothing is better than doing the same things over and over and over again to gain control of the area...its almost like they had the gimmick and decided that was enough and just threw some incredibly lackluster gameplay to go along with it

...but maybe its just me though either way $19 is a decent price to try it out at[/QUOTE]

isnt that most AAA games? :bouncy:

[quote name='TheClair']I checked a couple stores in Edmonton and the price hadn't dropped there yet. Maybe tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]
Did they scan the game or did you just look at the sticker price?

[quote name='greywolf501']Did they scan the game or did you just look at the sticker price?[/QUOTE]

I had them scan a used copy for the 360.

Even better...
Today, future shop hasn't dropped the price yet.

So you can price match it there

Picked up a few titles today, all for 360.
Soul Caliber 9.99, Supreme Commander 1.99, Alone in the Dark 1.99 and Rainbow Six Vegas 4.99.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']Picked up a few titles today, all for 360.
Soul Caliber 9.99, Supreme Commander 1.99, Alone in the Dark 1.99 and Rainbow Six Vegas 4.99.[/QUOTE]
Wow... thanks. For those prices, what the hell, even if they suck you can't go wrong with $2

Still some copies of Red Faction: Guerilla here in Vancouver, new and used, this game is really fun actually, worth picking up at this price for sure...

[quote name='lustyhitter']They didn't have any used copies at the EB on Merivale. I doubt anyone will be trading away a copy any time soon, either.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I took the last PS3 and one of the last X360 two two days ago. Traded in for ME2 at Rogers tonight. :(

Looks like I'm heading back for Alone in the Dark, Supreme Commander and Soul Calibur. I had no problem getting Red Faction for $14.99 - edge discount. Only problem was that the only one they had was missing the manual. Oh well.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Anyone know if this is actually a price drop or a sale?[/QUOTE]

Looks like a price drop as someone from RFD seem to have seen it for $19.83 at WM. PM at BB or FS for a few extra bucks.

Tried the game for a bit (cousin rented it). Thought it was interesting, but I got way too many games right now that are much better that I already don't have time for (ME2, FO3, Liberty City Stories, AC2, Batman AA)

Well, still no Red Faction at EB Merivale but I did pick up a used copy of Legends Of Wrestlemania for $14.99 - Edge Card today. Some stores are still selling LoW new for $40-45.

[quote name='TheClair']I checked a couple stores in Edmonton and the price hadn't dropped there yet. Maybe tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

HMV at Kingsway Mall has Red Faction: Guerrllia for 16.99 new for both home consoles. Other HMV should have it at the same price.

bread's done
Back