EB Stopping trades on Xbox Games and such?

Well that would kind of suck. I just got on the XBMC bandwagon and am loving it. If true looks like I'll have to pick up an extra system or 2 (they're only $40!).

EB stopped taking XB and GC games as trade 3 fodder for a long time now, so it's only an eventuality before they stop accepting them altogether.

Can we please have this in the discussions? Thanks!

Well, CANADIAN EB stores are STILL taking N64/PS1 and SNES games, so you have NOTHING to WORRY about!

If this was a bigger sub-forum, I could understand the complaining about the type of discussion crowding things, but honestly, within this sub-forum, it's not that big of a deal, crowding is far from an issue here.

[quote name='gamer602']Can we please have this in the discussions? Thanks![/QUOTE]

If we get a good deal somewhere, should we post in both places? One in the discussions sub forum to brag and one in here to inform?

Also, if EB stopped taking trades on a specific platform, I think that it would get more attention (as it deserves) being here on the front line.

Thoughts?

They'll probably still keep taking GC games, since they're Wii compatible. That way they can still overcharge for 5+ year old games.

As for original XBox games, in one way I want to say nothing of value was lost. Even if I don't like a game, I'm not going to trade it in for MAYBE $0.50. I just can't condone that. I'd rather throw it on EBay for $1.99, and suck up the $0.10 listing charge if it doesn't sell.

But on the other hand, if suckers people don't trade in their XBox games, I won't be able to buy them for $1 when EB overstocks. =)

[quote name='chrisryans']If this was a bigger sub-forum, I could understand the complaining about the type of discussion crowding things, but honestly, within this sub-forum, it's not that big of a deal, crowding is far from an issue here.[/quote]
It's a big deal to some. Personally, I come on CAG to look at deals, and we need to get in the habit of posting in the correct forums. It really irks me when someone creates a thread like "Where can I get the best deal on an Xbox 360?" or "Where can I find this controller?" in the deal forum. Eventually people will ignore the discussion subforum altogether and will litter the deal forum with discussion questions. The MODs need to take a bit more action in the Canadian forum.

[quote name='gamer602']Can we please have this in the discussions? Thanks!

Well, CANADIAN EB stores are STILL taking N64/PS1 and SNES games, so you have NOTHING to WORRY about![/quote]

I Dont see any SNES Games At EB Canada

[quote name='game_fanatic']It's a big deal to some. Personally, I come on CAG to look at deals, and we need to get in the habit of posting in the correct forums. It really irks me when someone creates a thread like "Where can I get the best deal on an Xbox 360?" or "Where can I find this controller?" in the deal forum. Eventually people will ignore the discussion subforum altogether and will litter the deal forum with discussion questions. The MODs need to take a bit more action in the Canadian forum.[/quote]

I agree. This forum is still smaller than RFD, but it's been growing, and CheapyD created the subforums for a reason. There have also been a growing number of reposts: again, for a small forum it's no big deal, but if this forum gets big it'll be a problem. And saying "I'll wait for the mods to deal with it" is a pretty lazy excuse.

[quote name='GameBoyee']I Dont see any SNES Games At EB Canada[/quote]

I do from time to time, most stores I've been to still have about 30-40 N64/PS1 games. Maybe a SNES game or two.

[quote name='Corizzle']I do from time to time, most stores I've been to still have about 30-40 N64/PS1 games. Maybe a SNES game or two.[/quote]

but do they still sell Game boy color games

[quote name='kathos']Am I the only guy who's never seen a GBC or SNES game at an EB? I go to like 4-5 different EBs too.[/quote]
If you've truly never seen any there we're going to have to start making fun of your age :lol:

Anyways, I spotted a half dozen NES games a couple months ago. The reason you never see this stuff is that nobody ever trades old stuff in, and when they do people snap it up, those NES games were all gone in like a week or 2 despite being crap NES games.

I see a lot of copies of old Madden and NHL games. Every now and then there's a lightgun game, or some odd platform title I've never heard of. I never see Chrono Trigger, Mario World, etc.

I see the occasional N64 game, but nothing older than that. What reason would people have to trade them in? I can't imagine that the TIV's are worth it. What were they giving for Marvel Vs Capcom 2? $12? I can only guess how little they'd give for something like Dragon Warrior 4.

bread's done
Back