EB Trade 3 deal Nov 1st

I'm assuming they are referring to the extra 30% credit you receive for trading 3 and pre-orering one of the games listed above.

I had mixed luck with the last 3 for 10 deal where some just gave me the ectra 10 for trade-in and some combined the extra 10 with the extra 30% towards a pre-order.

Sorry to bring back a slightly old thread but does anyone have anymore info on this? Is it happening? And will it be trade 3 get it free or trade 3 get extra credit or something? Any info would help.

[quote name='Median']Sorry to bring back a slightly old thread but does anyone have anymore info on this? Is it happening? And will it be trade 3 get it free or trade 3 get extra credit or something? Any info would help.[/quote]

Trade 3 get it free on those games will start Nov 1st. The trade more get more will still be on aswell if you wish not to do the trade 3 deal.

[quote name='Ranzo']Trade 3 get it free on those games will start Nov 1st. The trade more get more will still be on aswell if you wish not to do the trade 3 deal.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. Looks like it's either Final Fantasy XII or Gears of War for me on Wednesday. :D

Or you can go to Blockbuster right now (and for the last few weeks) and trade 2 360 games to get GoW, FFXII, Smackdown vs. Raw 2K7 or Zelda GC.

And right now, Blockbuster has Buy 1, Get the 2nd at 1/2 price, so you can grab 2 $19.99 games for $30 and turn around and trade them for the above titles.

Not sure when this ends though. I would imagine pretty soon.

[quote name='Fanboy']Or you can go to Blockbuster right now (and for the last few weeks) and trade 2 360 games to get GoW, FFXII, Smackdown vs. Raw 2K7 or Zelda GC.

And right now, Blockbuster has Buy 1, Get the 2nd at 1/2 price, so you can grab 2 $19.99 games for $30 and turn around and trade them for the above titles.

Not sure when this ends though. I would imagine pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster? are you sure?

Probably YMMV, my locals don't have any promotions

Also, anyone know the limitations?? like no sport titles and such..

[quote name='Fanboy']Or you can go to Blockbuster right now (and for the last few weeks) and trade 2 360 games to get GoW, FFXII, Smackdown vs. Raw 2K7 or Zelda GC.

Not sure when this ends though. I would imagine pretty soon.[/quote]

My Blockbuster said there aren't any trade deals right now

there's a pretty good discussion about this on redflagdeals.com, but it does seem to wildly vary from location to location.

I'm in Edmonton & there are NO 'trading' stores so I went to St. Albert with a pile of older PS2/X-Box games (those eligible would be trading FOUR for a new pre-order game from a list of 4). First store said the trade-in-value (TIV) had to be $7, and I did find four that worked so I got a pre-order. Then for 'fun' I went to the other St. Albert location and they claimed (after talking to someone at the first store!) that the TIV had to be $14 or $15 (I forget which)! They checked the games anyway, but I already knew I was out of luck with that one.

Essentially, you should be able to trade ANY two X-Box 360 games in for the pre-order deal, although the fine print says a store can refuse any game (ostensibly so they don't end up with tons of a particular title that they'll have trouble selling). Best to phone and keep asking different employees, I'd say.

Good luck!

Bart

And right now,
Blockbuster has Buy 1, Get the 2nd at 1/2 price,
so you can grab 2 $19.99 games for $30 and turn around and trade them for the above titles.

Not sure when this ends though. I would imagine pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

is this for used games only?

Not sure when this ends though. I would imagine pretty soon.[/quote]

Very few blockbusters have this deal on but it is trade "any" 2 xbox 360 games and get a full pre order on Gears of War.

Any means, Any 360 game that they will sell for 14.99$ used.

[quote name='Ranzo']Very few blockbusters have this deal on but it is trade "any" 2 xbox 360 games and get a full pre order on Gears of War.

Any means, Any 360 game that they will sell for 14.99$ used.[/quote]

And remember that you can also trade in 4 non-360 titles (that sell for $14.99 or more) for the pre-order Gears of War too...and there SHOULD be at least 3 other titles (pre-order) that are available as well. Phone your nearby BBVs to see if they're participating and which pre-order games they're offering.

I traded in 4 X-Box and PS2 games that had TIVs of $7 to get the GoW preorder, about two weeks ago in St. Albert (since Edmonton doesn't have any video-trading stores)!

Bart

[quote name='harunim']Probably YMMV, my locals don't have any promotions[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fshaia']My Blockbuster said there aren't any trade deals right now[/QUOTE]

I don't really know what to say, guys. Especially when I don't know where you live. It's, at least for now, at most of the stores in the GTA. Also outside of Edmonton and I think Montreal and Vancouver also have trading restrictions (forcing people to go outside of the city proper), but the deal has been active in those cities as well.

Like barto suggested, check RFD.com for more details. The thread is 50+ pages long.

Just wanted to let you guys know I traded three games in today for FF12, the guy at EB even gave me a collector's edition without a pre-order.

Does this deal work for Xbox360 games and can you trade 3 from any platform or they have to be the same platform as the game you are trying to get.

[quote name='canadiancrowe']do they take two of the same game int his deal? (i.e trading in two nhl 2k7)[/quote]

When the deal was on the BBV web site, there was a disclaimer that said the games taken would be at the store's discretion, thus giving them an 'out' if they were getting too many of a certain game. However, I don't think anyone's been denied on any 360 games. Probably best to phone the location you want to trade at & ask before you go. Of course, by the time you get there it might be someone else on duty with totally different answers...!! :bomb:

Bart

I just traded in PS2 Slim, GameCube, and some games for store credit and pre-order of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii at EB Games.

Definitely not all games are accepted for the "Trade 3, Get Pre-Order Free" promo.

These 5 games did NOT quality for the trade-in to get Zelda free:
X-Men Legends (GameCube)
ICO (PS2)
Wild Arms 3 (PS2)
Parappa 2 (PS2)
Resident Evil 1 (GC)

The following 3 did:
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)
Katamari D. (PS2)
Futurama (PS2)

Also, Futurama was pretty scratched, and no instruction booklet (don't look at me that way, I bought it used from BlockBuster), which would have counted against me for trade-in for store credit, but made no difference for the trade-in in 3, get one free promotion.

PS: I got $60 for a PS2 Slim console, and $30 for a GameCube.

As of today all PS3 and Wii games are on for trade free get it free. Also EB will be doing a trade 4 dvds for a blu ray movie deal.

I have also heard they will be doing a "trade your system in for a next gen and get extra" and if you trade in a xb/gc/ps2/ds/psp towards a xbox360 you get gears of war free.

[quote name='Ranzo']As of today all PS3 and Wii games are on for trade free get it free. Also EB will be doing a trade 4 dvds for a blu ray movie deal.

I have also heard they will be doing a "trade your system in for a next gen and get extra" and if you trade in a xb/gc/ps2/ds/psp towards a xbox360 you get gears of war free.[/quote]

Trade 3 games and get a Wii game? That's pretty cool... Think I'm getting Trauma Center. I'll try the Metrotown EB, but I keep hearing they're bastards over there...

Yeah, I was surprised when he told me I could trade three for any Wii game yesterday, so I pre-ordered Zelda and Rayman using 6 games. Then another three for Gears of War...

If anyone has some extra games to trade in, but doesn't know what to trade for... here is a list of Wii games I'll pay $30 cash for new (or trade better for):

Rayman Raving Rabbids
Metal Slug Anthology
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Monster Trucks
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
Need For Speed Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Excite Truck

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']If anyone has some extra games to trade in, but doesn't know what to trade for... here is a list of Wii games I'll pay $30 cash for new (or trade better for):

Rayman Raving Rabbids
Metal Slug Anthology
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Monster Trucks
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
Need For Speed Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Excite Truck[/QUOTE]

Considering the cheapest you can get a new Wii in Canada is $62 with tax, I don't think $30 is enough but maybe someone with lots of credit and no interest in the games will bite.

bread's done
Back