EB Trade 3 Deal OCT 13 to 15

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
This weekend at EB Games in Canada, nearly EVERY game is going to be Trade 3 Get It Free

This includes all games in stock that are $69.99 or less, as well as any preorder. This includes all games listed in the PS3 and Wii sections. Some stores may stick the $69.99 limit on preorders as well, so it's iffy for anyone who wants the Guitar Hero 2 bundle. Sorry.

Restrictions: games must be worth at least $8 on trade, have books and boxes.

This is only for ONE WEEKEND, so I implore everyone to take advantage of this!

Can some people PLEASE PLEASE post a list of cheap PS2, Xbox, GC, DS,PSP games that I can buy under $20 that would worth 8 credit or more so I can get 3 cheap games and then trade them in for a $69.99 Xbox 360 game.

Edit: The ones on http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index....alues_-_Canada are not accurate enough, I don't know if I can trust that list of games. What if I buy a game from this list that says 8 credit or more and then I go to EBGAMES and it's not worth 8 credit or more.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']Can some people PLEASE PLEASE post a list of cheap PS2, Xbox, GC, DS,PSP games that I can buy under $20 that would worth 8 credit or more so I can get 3 cheap games and then trade them in for a $69.99 Xbox 360 game.

Edit: The ones on http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index....alues_-_Canada are not accurate enough, I don't know if I can trust that list of games. What if I buy a game from this list that says 8 credit or more and then I go to EBGAMES and it's not worth 8 credit or more.[/quote]

Then you won't find one. The ones we listed there are of that price as of the date it's listed. If you don't believe it, just don't open the sealed game. That way you can return it.

So according to the rules of that deal I could purchase Conker: L and R, Halo: CE, and Sonic Mega Collection at a pawn shop. Take these games to my nearest EB location, and use them to pay off an XBox 360 game pre-order in full?

You got it! ANY game $69.99, in stock or coming soon, is covered. That means pretty much all PS3 and Wii titles on list (exception: PS3 Oblivion is listed at 79.99)

Also, for games OVER $69.99, you can just pay the difference. For example, trade in 3 games that work towards Guitar Hero 2 Bundle, which is 84.99, they knock off 69.99, and you pay the difference of 14.99 + taxes.

I myself just used this deal to preorder all the PS3 and Wii launch games I wanted, plus Guitar Hero 2 and Halo 3. :lol:

This extremely profitable deal ends at the end of the day on Sunday though!!

I just got back from EBGAMES. I traded in God of War, Shadow of the colosus, and God of War and pre ordered Final Fantasy 12 Special Edition! Best Buy have God of War and Shadow of the Colosus on sale for $19.99. $19.99 times 3 = $60, Final Fantasy 12 Special Edition is $69.99= $70, so I saved 10 bucks! I also pre ordered Gears of War, DOAX2, SVR2007, Splinter Cell Double Agent. Oh boy, I'm gona be broke for the next 2 months.

This also applies towards hardware. I just got a 360 for $158 out of pocket. I traded in 16 games and a DVD for $360. Each of which are usually worth $8 to $15 trade. With the deal it worked out to $23.33 each. (Not the DVD, that was $3)

I'm very happy right now.

As far as I could tell you get the trade amount. I don't know if it had to be used up that day or if it was something you could put on an edge card. I asked but the clerk gave me an uncertain "sure".

Based on what they did for me you could use it for darn near anything in the store.

[quote name='briskbc']As far as I could tell you get the trade amount. I don't know if it had to be used up that day or if it was something you could put on an edge card. I asked but the clerk gave me an uncertain "sure".

Based on what they did for me you could use it for darn near anything in the store.[/quote]

Which EB did you do this at??

[quote name='maigoyume']do you still retain the trade amount? or do you just get the free game?[/quote]

Are you implying that not only you GET the trade-in value but then you ALSO get a free game (or whatever you want-because according to another post, you can get pretty much anything)?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Are you implying that not only you GET the trade-in value but then you ALSO get a free game (or whatever you want-because according to another post, you can get pretty much anything)?[/quote]yea thats what i'm trying to find out

[quote name='maigoyume']yea thats what i'm trying to find out[/quote]

Then whoever has done this deal MUST REPLY NOW!
:D Cuz, you know, if they do that....:D :D :D
*but this IS EBGAMES, so I dunno...*

I'm pretty happy about this deal because my EB is about a 1 minute walk/drive from my Blockbuster, so I can look at some 9.99 games, go check prices at EB Games, then go back to Blockbuster, buy 3 of them, and get another free game/69.99 to go towards a DS Lite.

Well, the deal is they increase the trade value of the three games in order to cover whatever it is that you're putting it towards. Like say you're trading in three $8 Xbox games towards a $69.99 360 game, they will increase the value of each Xbox game to $23.33 in order to cover the full value of the game.

You don't get any extra trade credit on top of that, but trading in three crap games for a brand new one seems OK to me :D

Hey azumangaman i have that exact same deal over here, eb games a few minutes from my house, and blockbuster a minute from ebgames, may i ask where you live? That's a good idea too if i have time on sunday i'll try and get ffXII preordered.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Then whoever has done this deal MUST REPLY NOW!
:D Cuz, you know, if they do that....:D :D :D
*but this IS EBGAMES, so I dunno...*

I'm pretty happy about this deal because my EB is about a 1 minute walk/drive from my Blockbuster, so I can look at some 9.99 games, go check prices at EB Games, then go back to Blockbuster, buy 3 of them, and get another free game/69.99 to go towards a DS Lite.[/quote]yea i doubt they will, but it would be worth it if they did both

[quote name='arfin']Hey azumangaman i have that exact same deal over here, eb games a few minutes from my house, and blockbuster a minute from ebgames, may i ask where you live? That's a good idea too if i have time on sunday i'll try and get ffXII preordered.[/quote]

:D I'll say I live in Southern Ontario, around Toronto (but not in toronto), won't say anything more, but who knows, theres probably a decent chance that its the same place.

Anyway, this deal made me happy.
Traded In 6 games, got FFXII Collectors Edition and Guitar Hero+Guitar for 10 bucks (79.99)

I got Okami today and have FF12 Collectors Edition and GTA Vice City Stories paid off in full... so i'm happy with the deal.

Yeah we could live close, not like im gonna come over lol just thought that was funny. I live closer to hamilton then toronto, maybe in hamilton ;)

bread's done
Back