EB-Trade 6 for Crimson DSL Bundle, Minimum TIV $8!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Stole this from RFD, Hurry everyone, before the hoarders steal this promo by trading in so many SAME games that EB drops and reduces TIV on so many games that will make this promo obsolete!

6X$8 (ONLY $48!!!) games will get you something that's $160 in VALUE!

TIP-Apparently A TON of games in the 2/30 bins WILL Qualify!!!!

ALL PLATFORMS WILL WORK!

gba,ds, psp, ps2, ps3, xbx, xbx360, gc, wii...maybe even PC if youre lucky!

let me guess that spammer posted in the RFD thread already. i am 100% sure he is going to take advantage of this deal.

that thread is going to flooded with his junk posts!

i phoned a few EB Games and was told this promo starts next week.

[quote name='jonkaho']let me guess that spammer posted in the RFD thread already. i am 100% sure he is going to take advantage of this deal.

that thread is going to flooded with his junk posts!

i phoned a few EB Games and was told this promo starts next week.[/quote]

Promo started last week. along with the 10 games for the cheap ps3 and 360

great scott, this is like misprint calibur.. better jump on it.

also, i liked the first and last lines of the original post. made me chuckle.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']great scott, this is like misprint calibur.. better jump on it.

also, i liked the first and last lines of the original post. made me chuckle.[/quote]

That's because it's sadly true. In May when this promo was on, for about two weeks EB got a whack of cheap games, so the TIVs plummeted soon after for a bunch of pretty good games.

TIP-Apparently A TON of games in the 2/30 bins WILL Qualify!!!!

An Idea just hit me... If I bought the games at eb games knowing the trade in value... Am I allow to just trade in the games right away to qualify?

[quote name='Faytz']TIP-Apparently A TON of games in the 2/30 bins WILL Qualify!!!!

An Idea just hit me... If I bought the games at eb games knowing the trade in value... Am I allow to just trade in the games right away to qualify?[/quote]

Yeah there's no reason why not, but some EB employees might not allow you because they it as "losing money."

Reply to my other post.... doesn't really work so well.... games at rogers work a lot better. I found 12 games by hitting 3 rogers and me and my friend both got crimson red ds now.

[quote name='unledded']What does four stars beside the games mean?[/quote]

I think it means YMMV... it's possible that TIVs differ by region.

Just got back from EbGames and the trade 6 is for normal DSL ONLY. I traded:

Super Mario bros 3 GBA)
Yoshi touch and Go (DS)
Phoenix wright AA (DS)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
Burnout Legends (xbox 360)
GTA San Andreas (Xbox)

I chose a White DSL. Did i get screwed over, or is it true that the promo is for normal DSL only?

You got gipped, the deal is applicable to the DS Crimson. EB Games Eaton Centre Toronto has the promo available as do a few other stores.

It must depend on where you go.

I haven't opened the DS yet, I'm going to visit them tomorrow, if they are closed then ill go Tuesday and hopefully they will know what's up by then and give me the Crimson set. What do you guys think, is this possible?

[quote name='arfin']I haven't opened the DS yet, I'm going to visit them tomorrow, if they are closed then ill go Tuesday and hopefully they will know what's up by then and give me the Crimson set. What do you guys think, is this possible?[/quote]

Ask them to check their corporate emails (should be a binder with them.) It's not up on the website though, so it may be that your EBG is choosing not to participate.

im thinkin of trying this tomorrow the wife already has a DSlite but i need one now lol,

the ames im gunna try are

Papermario the thousand year door (GCN)
animal Crosssing(GCN)
Theme Park(DS)
Mario vs DonkeyKong(GBA)
The legend of zelda a link to the past(GBA)
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2(DS)

all the games have cases (or the boxes for GBA) and manuals
does anyone see anything in here not trading? lol i was thinking of thew namco collection for GBA as a trade in but its more than likely worth like a dollar.

if need be i guess im trading in a couple 360 or wii games but id really rather not

[quote name='nonrandomhero']im thinkin of trying this tomorrow the wife already has a DSlite but i need one now lol,

the ames im gunna try are

Papermario the thousand year door (GCN)
animal Crosssing(GCN)
Theme Park(DS)
Mario vs DonkeyKong(GBA)
The legend of zelda a link to the past(GBA)
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2(DS)

all the games have cases (or the boxes for GBA) and manuals
does anyone see anything in here not trading? lol i was thinking of thew namco collection for GBA as a trade in but its more than likely worth like a dollar.

if need be i guess im trading in a couple 360 or wii games but id really rather not[/quote]

Link to the past has a 5 dollar TIV

went there today and did this deal.... but the guy was really cool about the fact that only 5 of my games qualified......

he took the 5 qualifying games and the price and i paid the difference

package was 159.99/6 =23.33

i had 5 games so 23.33*5=116.65

159.99-116.65 = 43 and change plus i had some store credit so it worked out well for me.

i ended up paying like 20 bucks out of pocket for a new crimson DS lite with brain age 2 and a case.... sweet!

[quote name='nonrandomhero']went there today and did this deal.... but the guy was really cool about the fact that only 5 of my games qualified......

he took the 5 qualifying games and the price and i paid the difference

package was 159.99/6 =23.33

i had 5 games so 23.33*5=116.65

159.99-116.65 = 43 and change plus i had some store credit so it worked out well for me.

i ended up paying like 20 bucks out of pocket for a new crimson DS lite with brain age 2 and a case.... sweet![/quote]
which eb did you go to?

[quote name='nonrandomhero']eastgate square stoney creek ontario (east hamilton)[/quote]

and to make matters sweeter most of the games i traded in were the wifes old gamecube games, so i only lost 1 game in this deal

crap i hit quote instead of edit, sorry guys.... and sorry for making you als reasd this apology..... and that.....

[quote name='nonrandomhero']and to make matters sweeter most of the games i traded in were the wifes old gamecube games, so i only lost 1 game in this deal

crap i hit quote instead of edit, sorry guys.... and sorry for making you als reasd this apology..... and that.....[/quote]

What were the qualifying games?

I just asked another eb games (on upper james) and they said it isn't for the Crimson Bundle, WTF man. I really want it, but i can't argue with them about what deal is on. Can i just go in there and ask them to call the EB at Eastgate and confirm?

[quote name='Hoonose']Yo, screw the Upper James one, it's crap. Go to the Ancaster one.[/quote]

agreed... upperjames one = the suck.

go to eastgate or ancastor.... eastgate DEFINATELY will do it but they arent accepting GBA games...

[quote name='Hoonose']Yo, screw the Upper James one, it's crap. Go to the Ancaster one.[/quote]

Bro, the Ancaster one is where i always go, but they are the ones saying it's for regular DS lites only, not the bundle.

Usually they are up to date ont his kinda shit, not sure what's up this time. I couldn't go today but i'm gonna hit it up tomorrow and hopefully they will give me the Crimson.

BTW i went to the upper james EB today, and i picked up Final Fantasy 7, Worms armageddon, and Scrable all for the Playstation, for $17 :D My first good find at a eb, or probably any B&M store.

wel guys go to eastgeat i guess haha....

oh and my qualifying games were

crackdown 360
animal crossing GCN
paper mario GCN
theme park DS
mario vs donkey kong 2 DS

i also traded in mario vs donkey kong 1(GBA) it was worth 14 bucks but they wont take GBA games towards the deal

I went to the Ancaster one, and they said they'll have the trade 3 for Stranglehold. I'm not sure if it's available today, but it definitely will be when it comes out (tomorrow?)

[quote name='nonrandomhero']wel guys go to eastgeat i guess haha....

oh and my qualifying games were

crackdown 360
animal crossing GCN
paper mario GCN
theme park DS
mario vs donkey kong 2 DS

i also traded in mario vs donkey kong 1(GBA) it was worth 14 bucks but they wont take GBA games towards the deal[/quote]

I guess they do things differently at my EB games. They won't trade let me have a crimson DS, but they did trade in GBA games.

I made this deal today at EB Coquitlam using these games:
- Spider-Man 2 (PS2) $9
- Megaman X7 (PS2) $9
- Dynasty Warriors 5XL (PS2) $8
- Silent Hill 3 (PS2) $8
- Wario Ware, Inc. (GC) $8 (possibly >$8)
- Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $9

I also had these games to trade:
- Metroid Fusion (GBA) $9
- Wario Ware, Inc. (GBA) $9

But the sales clerk said he couldn't take GBA games, and technically the promotion doesn't list GBA as one of the valid platforms. So if you're lucky maybe the EB you go to won't check that.

PS: I took the second last DS Lite they had in stock and the last one left is pink so... just FYI

[quote name='Homi-Wan']I made this deal today at EB Coquitlam using these games:
- Spider-Man 2 (PS2) $9
- Megaman X7 (PS2) $9
- Dynasty Warriors 5XL (PS2) $8
- Silent Hill 3 (PS2) $8
- Wario Ware, Inc. (GC) $8 (possibly >$8)
- Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $9

I also had these games to trade:
- Metroid Fusion (GBA) $9
- Wario Ware, Inc. (GBA) $9

But the sales clerk said he couldn't take GBA games, and technically the promotion doesn't list GBA as one of the valid platforms. So if you're lucky maybe the EB you go to won't check that.

PS: I took the second last DS Lite they had in stock and the last one left is pink so... just FYI[/quote]

is it a crimson one?

Actually no, I got a white one (which is fine since I don't particularly like the crimson DS, maybe if it was all red instead of black-red).

But that reminds me of another thing I noticed in the promotion ad. It only says trade 6 games towards a new DS. Didn't say crimson. And in the picture the DS is black.

[quote name='Homi-Wan']Actually no, I got a white one (which is fine since I don't particularly like the crimson DS, maybe if it was all red instead of black-red).

But that reminds me of another thing I noticed in the promotion ad. It only says trade 6 games towards a new DS. Didn't say crimson. And in the picture the DS is black.[/quote]

Can you do the crimson one? do you know?

In the latest EB flyer it just says 6 games for a new DS Lite. I don't know for sure since I didn't ask, but I have strong doubts that it works for the Crimson bundle. In an older post someone from Ontario got a crimson so maybe it's a different deal in BC.

Best way to find out: Call an EB.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']this seems right it may change from store to store, i did in fact get a crimson bundle but this may change depending on where you live...[/quote]

nah, its employee to employee!!!

Heres what i traded in

Diddy Kong Racing ds
Yoshi's island ds
Transformers ds
tetris ds
Red steel wii
Resident evil 4 wii

I managed to get the crimson bundle, i had to talk to the manager though to verify it. the other guy wanted to charged me like $25 more lol

bread's done
Back