EBA in famitsu

[quote name='Lorddraco07']http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=28818_eba_585lo.jpg

According to a few people that saw it famitsu is pushing the game as a sequel and are encouraging japanese to import it. :bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. So it really is just a whole new game, but with the same type of gameplay then?

And you might want to spell out the abbreviation in the title. I had no idea what the hell you were talking about until I clicked the link.

It's a "whole new game" like DDR Ultramix 2 is a new game relative to DDR Ultramix 1. Like any music game, the gameplay is essentially the same and it really only differs from the first game due to its new song list. Since I'm assuming Elite Beat Agents will contain an entirely new song list with none of the Japanese originals, in a way, it really is a sequel.

[quote name='botticus']Japan... import a US game? Unheard of![/QUOTE]
But it'll go great with all the import DSes they have! ;)

[quote name='espy605']It's a "whole new game" like DDR Ultramix 2 is a new game relative to DDR Ultramix 1. Like any music game, the gameplay is essentially the same and it really only differs from the first game due to its new song list. Since I'm assuming Elite Beat Agents will contain an entirely new song list with none of the Japanese originals, in a way, it really is a sequel.[/QUOTE]

It's a bit more then that. Ouendan is much closer to something like Gitaroo Man rather then Guitar Hero. A lot of the charm in the game comes from the story. The music may be the selling point in both, but visuals and story are much more important to EBA then they are and will ever be to DDR.

It's a bit more then that. Ouendan is much closer to something like Gitaroo Man rather then Guitar Hero. A lot of the charm in the game comes from the story. The music may be the selling point in both, but visuals and story are much more important to EBA then they are and will ever be to DDR.

The point is the gameplay remains the same. The only difference is the songlist. Because each "story" of the game is based directly on the song being played, I'll agree it gives it a "bit more" than most music games. The fact remains though, it's the exact same game with a different song list.

I don't think Elite Beat Agents is popular enough to garner its own acronym yet.;)

But this is odd though... maybe it'll be more common the future.

[quote name='espy605'] The fact remains though, it's the exact same game with a different song list.[/QUOTE]

Sequels are normally the same game with different levels, so in that sense its a whole new game.

Even non music series like Sonic, tend to be the same game with different levels, doesnt take away from that making it new and good though.

It's not "the exact same game with a different song list" because the patterns will have to be completely different.

Sequels are normally the same game with different levels, so in that sense its a whole new game.

Even non music series like Sonic, tend to be the same game with different levels, doesnt take away from that making it new and good though.
I said it was a sequel. I didn't say anything about EBA being old or bad, and I agree with you about Sonic.

It's not "the exact same game with a different song list" because the patterns will have to be completely different.
Like say...how the patterns are different in each version of DDR? Of course the patterns will be different because they use different songs. The game design however is exactly the same.

bread's done
Back