eBay 10% coupon code

schnuerle

CAGiversary!
I was just shopping around on eBay (using the 25% Live Search deal) and then a coupon popped up for 10% off. It looks like something eBay has given to me, tied to my account, but the coupon code itself is generic.

If anyone else wants to try it out, here it is: CHOLIDAYNOV2008

The terms for me says it's non transferable, one time use, and expires Nov 30.

the code is useless unless your account is flagged and when your account is flagged you'll get both an email and a message from ebay. These facts make threads like these are a bit pointless. All they really serve to do is gloat even if you have good intentions.

[quote name='qwerty1']the code is useless unless your account is flagged and when your account is flagged you'll get both an email and a message from ebay. These facts make threads like these are a bit pointless. All they really serve to do is gloat even if you have good intentions.[/QUOTE]

well said :applause:

i wish i had that coupon

I wonder how eBay determines who gets it? Also, I did not get an email from eBay, just a message at the top of my screen and next to item prices.

@qwerty1 I didn't see any other threads about this, and none with the coupon code in it. I was just trying to help out others if this code was new and usable. I was not gloating; except now I am gloating, but only to you :)

[quote name='qwerty1']the code is useless unless your account is flagged and when your account is flagged you'll get both an email and a message from ebay. These facts make threads like these are a bit pointless. All they really serve to do is gloat even if you have good intentions.[/QUOTE]

Not really pointless, it gets people to check their eBay messages to see if they do have it.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Just don't combine it with your cash back purchase.[/quote]

you can combine it without penalty.

[quote name='musha666']Not really pointless, it gets people to check their eBay messages to see if they do have it.[/quote]

When they send them out is totally random and to whom they send them to is random as well. It serves as much use as someone posting that they got their BB cashier to do some crazy PM. They're also good for a few weeks. Who here wouldnt check their email or ebay messages in this amount of time?

[quote name='schnuerle']@qwerty1 I didn't see any other threads about this, and none with the coupon code in it. I was just trying to help out others if this code was new and usable. I was not gloating; except now I am gloating, but only to you :)[/quote]

They have at least one code for every month. Sometimes multiple codes for things like total purchase discounts or shipping discounts. Again they are account specific. The only people who can use it are the ones who got messages saying they can. I wasnt trying to insult you, im simply making the point that these threads usually end up looking like gloating.

Just checked my account. After signing in, there was a notice next to the salutation at the top of the page that said "You have coupons available." I clicked on it and it linked to the "My Ebay" page and sure enough, the coupon is there. Expires 12/1. Good luck to everyone else looking for this.

[quote name='qwerty1']the code is useless unless your account is flagged and when your account is flagged you'll get both an email and a message from ebay. These facts make threads like these are a bit pointless. All they really serve to do is gloat even if you have good intentions.[/quote]

jeez, ease up there bub. are we that bitter?

[quote name='musics_muse']jeez, ease up there bub. are we that bitter?[/quote]

couldnt care less actually, i dont have money to spare even if i got another coupon. Was simply stating a fact.

[quote name='qwerty1']the code is useless unless your account is flagged and when your account is flagged you'll get both an email and a message from ebay. These facts make threads like these are a bit pointless. All they really serve to do is gloat even if you have good intentions.[/quote]

There's gloating in just about every thread. Usually after no more than 10 posts on a given deal, someone will chime in with "Wow, great price. I would jump on it if I didn't already get mine last week for half of that, paid using gift cards I found on the street, and got a coupon for 110% off my next purchase. Plus some guy was walking around the cash registers handing out free steak knives, so I said "cheeeeeah" and got me one of those. The girl behind the counter was very friendly, too. Made a nice comment about my 'Robotech Defense Force' T-shirt. We're going to the ballet on Friday."

[quote name='qwerty1']

When they send them out is totally random and to whom they send them to is random as well. It serves as much use as someone posting that they got their BB cashier to do some crazy PM. They're also good for a few weeks. Who here wouldnt check their email or ebay messages in this amount of time?

[/QUOTE]

I rarely use eBay. I can go months without checking my account. So I guess to answer your question, I wouldnt have.

And these are random but plenty of people will get them. Its not the same as a one time fluke with a BB cashier.

It isnt as good as a 10% that everyone can use, but that doesnt make this thread pointless.

I got one of these last month, but I didn't write the code down, and then found that there seemed to be no way to get the thing to show up again. I didn't realize at the time that the actual code was generic. Oh well. I hope I get another one soon so I can use it with the Live search rebate.

I just used the coupon, in conjunction with live search, plus with ebates and quickcrumb to get Rock Band 2 for 360.

So it started at $190 with free shipping, no tax, new in box.
25% off with live search = $47
10% off with the coupon = $19
1% off with ebates = $2
1-2% (36% off of fees) with quickcrumbs = about $2-$4

Total discount = 38%+ = $72 off
So Rock Band 2 for $118. Sweet! Ok, now I'm gloating, but only about the $19 part...

bread's done
Back