Ebay $110 best buy gift card for $100

meh, my bad luck continues.  Went to the closest BB and none of them have any ebay GC stock and can't do it online as it's in-store pick up only.  Oh well, stuck with $100 BB GC.

Just for further confirmation for CAG, I used my old eBay gift cards to buy BB gift card. I then used the BB gift card to buy the blue $25-$500 eBay gift card at BB. I was then able to use that eBay gift card to buy the BB gift cards again.

At first it didn't take it and I was freaking out but it turns out you have to be logged into PayPal before it will accept the gift card.
someone in Slickdeals mentioned that, Ebay giftcards purchased after Aug 23 wont work when buying BB giftcards.

(Ebay rules specifically say that new ebay gc purchases after Aug 23 won't have this grace period to buy gc with gc.)

has this happened to anyone?

someone in Slickdeals mentioned that, Ebay giftcards purchased after Aug 23 wont work when buying BB giftcards.

(Ebay rules specifically say that new ebay gc purchases after Aug 23 won't have this grace period to buy gc with gc.)

has this happened to anyone?
no, it actually hasn't. This has been discussed before already in the other eBay thread.

I'm done. It's not worth dealing with the verification process EVERY fuckING TIME. Why doesn't it stick after once?

I got confirmation in my PP account that it took $100 out so that's why I know ebay didn't take the GC amount ($89.xx) out of the total. Oh well, I may try again later but I'll just burn/churn the $100 I have in hand for now.

And yeah, I know what you're saying as sometimes the numbers/credits don't show up correctly but this time, $100 was taken out of my PP account.
Yeah, answering my own question here. Turns out you have to put the ebay GC on the PP page and not before checking out on the first ebay checkout page. So was able to burn my last $89 on the BB GC promo but the flip side is that my BBs are all out of ebay cards so I'm stuck with a bunch of BB GCs...could be worse.

hey for people having verification problems... i wonder if this will work for everyone as well.. if you enter your gift cards before logging into paypal and get the amount down to 0 then it wont ask you to go through a security check... i wonder if that works for everyone I was having issues yesterday but now it seems to be working fine! :) weird though when i tried to purchase 3 more 150s it said the seller doesnt have that many left which im assuming is a glitch and in reality it means you cant buy more than 5 of each..unless you have multiple ebay accounts which i do but unfortunately only have the 10% ebay bucks on 1...so i think i maxed out :p

sucks new cards dont work i got like 1000 at gamestop love to flip to ebay to best buy
new cards worked for me when i bought them from best buy last night and used them today they work fine .. is it just cards that are from gamestop? plus gamestop doesnt let you buy ebay gift cards anymore with gamestop gc

hmm didnt get my bonus 10 for last 100 i bought does it take time to come? my others came together ...

on a side note i think ill pick up the ps4 pro from dell and get 5% back in dell rewards once all the best buy stuff is over...and try to squeeze out 1 more 10% ebay bonus tomo by buying 400 in dell gcs :p..to add another $40 in ebay bucks :D!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone who was has passed the $2k / 60 day limit tried buying something with a eBay GC today? Seems my account that had the limit yesterday can use eBay GCs today, though I'm over that $2k limit looking back at my transactions.

Has anyone who was has passed the $2k / 60 day limit tried buying something with a eBay GC today? Seems my account that had the limit yesterday can use eBay GCs today, though I'm over that $2k limit looking back at my transactions.
Oh man if they lifted the limit I'm going to go crazy on this. So many expensive things this fall.

Edit: I forgot the 5 limit :(

So what has been the denial rate in store? I know this is not illegal but I just don't want to get on my local stores bad side because I go there all the time and they treat me well.

I'm at about 2500 in the past 60 days. And out of 5 stores and 7 different associates only 1 associate told me it was ILLEGALLLLLL

I just did one transaction at my local store and was thinking about going back and doing another tonight while picking up NBA 2K 17.

This still working? I can't checkout on eBay, keeps sending paypal authentication over and over again even though it verifies.

In regards to having difficulty with paypal logins when trying to purchase gift cards multiple times, make sure you always put in the gift card code and hit apply before doing anything with paypal (even if you get a message that then says it can't be applied). Then go through all the paypal stuff. You might have to verify your account once or twice including having to change your paypal password for verification purposes. If you always put the code in before trying to log in to paypal and at each step in between, it should always work. The only times it didn't work in the past was if I did paypal steps and finally was able to log in to my paypal account through ebay chekout and then tried to apply a gift card code afterwards.
This still working? I can't checkout on eBay, keeps sending paypal authentication over and over again even though it verifies.
Try Brenex's method above that he kindly posted earlier in the thread. If that doesn't work, maybe it's dead?

hmm didnt get my bonus 10 for last 100 i bought does it take time to come? my others came together ...

on a side note i think ill pick up the ps4 pro from dell and get 5% back in dell rewards once all the best buy stuff is over...and try to squeeze out 1 more 10% ebay bonus tomo by buying 400 in dell gcs :p..to add another $40 in ebay bucks :D!
I have not received my bonus code either.

anyone in the San Jose area confirm there are no physical ebay GCs to be had?  Or is there a way to get an eGC using BB GCs?

no physical ebay GC left at the almaden best buy. Haven't check the other ones yet.
thanks, nothing at Santana Row or Milpitas. Not sure if its worth it to head over to the Curtner or Sunnyvale stores. That's about where my boundries are where it becomes a time/gas issue especially if there is no guarantee of stock.

anyone confirm that new ebay gc bought today are still working to buy more gcs off ebay? gonna do this one more time tonight just wanna make sure before id be left with a ton of ebay credit if it doesnt :p

anyone confirm that new ebay gc bought today are still working to buy more gcs off ebay? gonna do this one more time tonight just wanna make sure before id be left with a ton of ebay credit if it doesnt :p
Still works, I did two runs to finish off the best buy discounted cards.

anyone have an issue getting there promo credit codes to work in store? I didnt have any problems yesterday but today two of them wouldnt work.

Paypal blocked me from even making the gift card purchase. Their system flagged my attempt as suspicious and when I called in I was asked multiple times how I was going to use these gift cards. It's a bummer there's too much suspicious activity around these gift cards to allow me to make this purchase. 

yep. Maybe we can get another 10% bucks and best buy discounted cards again before oct 13. That would be awesome.

Ya all sold out but the 10% eBay bucks is still there so I'm gonna use my last bit of eBay gc tonight who knows this deal may not come back again before they block completely the buying gc with eBay gc

bread's done
Back