Ebay causing paypal to hold funds? Um wtf?

genfuyung

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Ive been a seller on Ebay for a few years now and I have 100% feedback. I just sold a game yesterday and I get an email today saying the funds have been received but paypal is holding it for 21 days. They MAY release it sooner if I get positive feedback on the item before then.

Has anyone else had this happen? It says it may happen if you sell things in a high risk category. Video games are one of them. I dont think Im gonna ship the item. Im not big on the idea of shipping something before I get paid. I think this is the final straw for Ebay.

Whoa, never heard of that before but I know that Amazon has that policy of holding funds for a certain amount of time. I haven't sold an item since Ebay changed its policy recently but when I sold video games a couple months back, I had very little feedback and none of my funds were withheld.

That email is probably fake?

I sold a game yesterday and the money is in my account now. I shipped this morning.

I had something get into my paypal earlier this year... I would click www.paypal.com and it would come up as normal, but when I went to sign in it asked for all sorts of info to veriify due to recent thefts. I mean like SS# routing numbers etc.

even if I typed in https it still did this. I googled my issue and came across just a few posts of the situation. I had to reformat and isntall the OS on the laptop to get it to go away. So its possible its some case of an elite virus?

The Paypal holds are something that's supposed to be for items in higher risk categories/situations. If you hold the item until the funds are unfrozen, be prepared for a ding to your shipping time DSR star.

The holding of funds is one of those *wonderful* :bomb: changes eBay made earlier this year. I think if you have over a certain amount of feedback (100 maybe), then it doesn't apply.

I don't know if it was a glitch, but I got that message on a few listings a few weeks ago and I have over 100 positives. The funds weren't actually held though.

I just had this happen to me. I sold MGS Essentials and have to wait 21 days to have access to the money. Such BS.

I just had this happen to me and it was not released until the item was received by the buyer via USPS confirmation number. Buyer had a 1 feedback and I have 332. From what I read, it does have something to do with high risk buyers. Problem was I sent item out next day and paypal sent email 4 days later telling me to not ship the item. Went back and forth via email with no help, then when item was received via confirmation number, the funds were release. Just have to sit and wait...

I got hit with that garbage when selling a broken laptop, feedback was about 44 on my end and 400 something for the buyer. I had all positives, he had all positives, it didn't make sense. Like Itlnstin said inputting the DC number with paypal will have the funds automatically released once it shows delivered .Also of note even if the person leaves you a positive the system takes 24 hours to release the money which on top of all the other BS is unacceptable.

Well thats good to hear that I dont have to wait the full 21 days. But it sucks that Im forced to ship an item that I havnt fully received a payment for.

[quote name='musha666']Wow, I wasnt aware of that policy. Looks like I wont be listing anything with PayPal IF I ever do use eBay again.[/quote]

Can't. As I understood eBay's last seller e-mail, you HAVE to use PayPal to list on eBay as of later this month. You can't even allow checks/money orders anymore, just electronic transactions or pay-with-pickup.

I bought the Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition a month ago, and this happened to the seller. The seller tried to blame me for the mess and refused to send out the game until I started a discussion thread on the issue and pointed him to it.

The funds get released within 24 hours of leaving positive feedback. It's not a hard 21-day limit, and it doesn't happen to everybody.

It is idiotic, however, that the sellers don't at least get access to the amount for shipping.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I don't know if it was a glitch, but I got that message on a few listings a few weeks ago and I have over 100 positives. The funds weren't actually held though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got the message when I listed them, but my funds weren't actually held.

OP - You should either ship it as normal or refund the buyer asap. It's not the buyer's fault that eBay is making it cruddier and cruddier for sellers.

[quote name='falcon815']Can't. As I understood eBay's last seller e-mail, you HAVE to use PayPal to list on eBay as of later this month. You can't even allow checks/money orders anymore, just electronic transactions or pay-with-pickup.[/QUOTE]

It's like they are begging Google to finally start up a competing site...

Ebay has held my payments from buyers, until I receive a positive feedback, or the item gets tracked, or 21 days is up without any disputes.

bread's done
Back