Ebay Deal: PS3 Controller Charging Station- $2.99

LOL at the product description, it talks about how he can't play mario because of the controller dying.

IS it worth 3$? i don't know anything about charge stations but i don't wanna waste money on a piece of junk.

For $3? I've been kinda looking and even crap is ~$10 shipped. I'll bite on $3. It's likely just a USB charger / splitter, so really hard to get wrong.

I bought either the same one or a similar one a while back from onesaleaday.com. It's just a usb splitter that allows you to plug in two ps3 controllers upside down, but since I leave the dock always plugged in and just plug in the controller to the dock every once in a while, my controller is always charged. When I was just using the charging cable I would always forget and have to plug the controller in when it went dead during the middle of a game.

Ha, awesome timing. I just noticed today that my USB charging cable was bent and I couldn't plug my controllers into it anymore. This should do just fine and for my kinda price.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='msdmoney']I bought either the same one or a similar one a while back from onesaleaday.com. It's just a usb splitter that allows you to plug in two ps3 controllers upside down, but since I leave the dock always plugged in and just plug in the controller to the dock every once in a while, my controller is always charged. When I was just using the charging cable I would always forget and have to plug the controller in when it went dead during the middle of a game.[/QUOTE]

So, this requires a USB port to charge the controller? You can't just plug it in and charge?

If it needs a USB, I don't see the point.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']So, this requires a USB port to charge the controller? You can't just plug it in and charge?

If it needs a USB, I don't see the point.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i would like to know as well, if it doesn't have a wall charger i see no need, i can just hook it up to my laptop, pc etc.

I, too, bought one off of Onesaleaday.com a few months back: it's simply a USB-powered stand of sorts that has two mini-USB ports and is contoured to fit two PS3 controllers.

Is short, it's like gaining the ability to charge two controllers from the same USB port; otherwise, it's nothing special. And it certainly doesn't rectify the fact that the PS3 can only charge USB devices when its fully powered on.

I just have mine connected to one of my Wii's USB ports so that the controllers can be charging any time I set them in the cradle; and I do the same with wireless headset.

It's beyond rationale why SONY makes a trillions devices that require USB to charge, then strips their console down to two USB ports that aren't even active unless the machine is powered on. Somebody over there needs fired...

bread's done
Back