Ebay dispute

Lord_Kefka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
After being on there for years and never having an issue, now I have a bitchy mom on my hands.

I sold over 30 items on ebay a few weeks ago. This woman won two bobbleheads (Mario and Luigi). I search for a box that will fit them proper, but could only find one with slightly oversized dimensions (I could have fit one or two more bobbleheads in. So I decide weight and cost of shipping be damned, I'll wrap each bobblehead (no boxes) in 3 plastic bags and then do two passes of bubblewrap around that. Sent it priority mail only going from Northern IL to Wisconsin and asked for it to be marked fragile.

Well the woman emails me to bitch me out about how the bobbleheads broke due to my poor shipping.

Now this pisses me off because:
1) I tried my best to make sure they were safe
2) The bitch didn't opt to insure the package (and it was offered)
3) Every other item going as far as Hawaii arrived safely with positive notes on my shipping.

So now she wants a FULL refund. And I'm asking for proof they broke. Is this inside my rights or am I jst asking for a big brawl with ebay over this?

you shipped those two in a box right?

you will need proof of breaking, and she'll need to send it back for a refund.

Specify that you are not liable if opting out of insurance... if it was going to be an issue, you could have forced her to pay for it... ?

really she can contest it, but she'll need to send the item back... and you can refund... it'll have to be her payin for shipping back.

She started quoting verbatim ebay policies at me about shipping and threatened to place a dispute. All within a few hours. What a psycho. She's willing to email me pictures. Although this will not help me dispute if they were broken in shipping or not. But knowing the postal service it probably was.

It'll probably cost me 25 bucks altogether. What a waste. Is there anything I can do with the postal service on this?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']She started quoting verbatim ebay policies at me about shipping and threatened to place a dispute. All within a few hours. What a psycho. She's willing to email me pictures. Although this will not help me dispute if they were broken in shipping or not. But knowing the postal service it probably was.

It'll probably cost me 25 bucks altogether. What a waste. Is there anything I can do with the postal service on this?[/quote]

She should send it back, only then could you offer a refund, you can't pay for shipping back....

She will need to email you pictures of the box too... see if it is USPS.

And you also need to enforce the ... if it's broken and insurance is not purchase you are screwed!!!!111!!!

throw some more 1's in there and highlight it in red.

Though bubble wrap should have softened it up, really what did they do ... drop kick it?

Totally depends on what kind of box you used... what was your packing like... I think I woudl have wraped each one in a self made cardboard "box" and then filled it with more bubble....

helps to know how much shipping will be too...

I think the best tip i've ever knew... find shipping materials before shipping and really know how much it will be to ship a product... price accordingly.

Best that you can do without getting a neg...

1) get pics WITH box pic
2) offer to refund shipping/price only after...
3) person ships it back

Future stuff

1) pack better
2) force purchase of insurance
a) send them an email afterwards of packing is questionable
3) list your auction better, with less liability towards you and more on them.

If she used paypal, then it will be a paypal dispute anyway and not an ebay dispute.

Given that, you will probably have to offer her a refund, but return shipping is at her expense (and must be done within a certain period of like 14 days or something). You will probably be eating the ebay fees, though. No way out of negative feedback on this one, though...

bread's done
Back