EBay Feedback Question

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm frequently selling things on eBay and one thing that has been frustrating is the amount of users that don't leave feedback. Are there any tools on eBay that automatically send an email to the user requesting feedback? I received a message from a seller today that requests feedback and it got me curious as to whether it was just him sending the message, or an automated process (such as the Send Invoice tool). I searched eBay and didn't see anything, but I could be missing something (eBay's seller tools aren't the easiest thing to navigate). Thanks in advance.

Nothing automatic through eBay. Feedback is voluntary and, while it should be left, it is not mandatory.

I expect the percentage of feedback left to go down with the upcoming changes.

Yeah... it's strange how there's been such a huge drop lately.

I used to feedback for all my auctions. Then it was 90%... but I sold a bunch of stuff around the end of 2007 and only received feedback for 2 of my 9 auctions.

But if I were you, I wouldn't sweat it. It seems like feedback today isn't as important as it was back in the day.

Last year there were a few guys that didn't leave any feedback. I guess people are just getting lazy. The one thing I do is when I sell I do not leave feedback for the other person until they receive they're item and leave me feedback first.

Also, I would like to know what changes are coming up?

Actually, you can have eBay automatically send e-mails requesting feedback, among other things. It's not a free service though, it's one of the features in their Selling Manager Pro.

Edit: Here is a link to an overview of the changes.

Those changes are terrible. What idiot came up with those? If you're not going to allow a seller to leave negative feedback for a buyer, what's the point of even having a feedback system? I may be boycotting eBay when those go in to affect.

There are some third party listing managers (Andale, ChannelAdvisor, Marketworks, etc.) that also send out automatic feedback requests.

bread's done
Back