Ebay Feedback System Changes (Info)

masha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Finaly something is moving from the standing point!

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200506232138432.html

June 23, 2005 | 09:39PM PST/PT

" 1. Neutralizing feedback left by members who don't participate in issue resolution processes. We believe that members unwilling to participate in processes designed to help resolve issues, such as the Unpaid Item process or the Item Not Received process, shouldn't be able to impact another member's reputation. After this change is implemented, if a member leaves feedback for a transaction and does not participate in these processes, eBay will neutralize their feedback. This means the rating (whether positive or negative) will not affect the recipient's feedback score. While the feedback comment itself will remain, it will include an administrative note from eBay indicating that the feedback doesn't count towards the member's total score.
2. Removing feedback from users who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration. We believe that members who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registering on eBay were never truly members of the Community, and so their feedback comments and ratings should not count. We will automatically remove feedback (positive, neutral, and negative) left by such users.
3. Requiring new members to complete a tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback. This change will require all new users (members with a feedback score of less than 10) to complete a short tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback. We hope that the tutorial will educate new members about the feedback system as well as ensure that they are aware of the various communication tools available to them prior to leaving feedback for their trading partner."

I read that too... thank goodness for progress.

Ironic since I'm going through an unpaid item dispute right now. Hopefully this asshat won't be able to sabotage my feedback.

A lot of negatives are going bye-bye.

Well thats a start in the right direction. I can't complain about any of those changes. They should all help.

Number 1 concerns me, it seems like a way for power sellers to lose items in shipping and not get hit with negatives for it.

Number 3 I greatly applaud.

The only neg/neu feedback I've ever received was from someone who BSed me about their computer being out of commission for a month. They won my auction, didn't communicate in over a month or respond to the unpaid item dispute, so I left a negative. 2 days later this person leaves me a neutral which I in no way deserved. Though it doesn't count towards my total I would like to see a note beside it explaining that the buyer didn't participate in the Unpaid Item Process. I also have a couple NPB negs that I have some fear of leaving due to the possibility of retaliation. Hopefully this change will take effect very soon.

Never thought about point 1 that way. That's another reason to avoid power sellers like the plague.

Hopefully the tutorial can teach the newest denizens of eBay to HAVE SOME DAMN PATIENCE. Rome wasn't built in a day, but packages sent from me sit in Evansville for one.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Number 1 concerns me, it seems like a way for power sellers to lose items in shipping and not get hit with negatives for it.

Number 3 I greatly applaud.[/QUOTE]

I think that as long as the person responds to ebay, the negative will stay on anyone's record.

I know that I have a member who didn't pay and never responded to the dispute who this is perfect for.

About time, I still wish they looked over the feedback. My only negative in 2 years of selling about 130 zippo's a month, was someone who said wasn't what he was looking for...How in the hell is that my fault?

Well, i just left a Neutral feedback for a guy who basicly lied about the condition of the merchandise i was buying, and it took almost 3 weeks for him to ship it. He in turn left a Negative feedback on me and threatened me to remove the feedback i left for him!

Tell me how that is fair. That should be fixed.

[quote name='greendj27']I think that as long as the person responds to ebay, the negative will stay on anyone's record.

I know that I have a member who didn't pay and never responded to the dispute who this is perfect for.[/QUOTE]

The item not recieved process is a pain in the butt and if you haven't noticed a lot of users don't go through it for smaller items. I can easily see power sellers abusing it to hell, which basically concerns me because a number of them have a 98% or so positive with the other 2% being item was lost and seller wouldn't refund my money. I like to see comments like those before I bid.

[quote name='Deadpool']Well, i just left a Neutral feedback for a guy who basicly lied about the condition of the merchandise i was buying, and it took almost 3 weeks for him to ship it. He in turn left a Negative feedback on me and threatened me to remove the feedback i left for him!

Tell me how that is fair. That should be fixed.[/QUOTE]

If you contact ebay, theycan remove the negative because its obviously retalitory in nature (if thats exactly what he wrote)

[quote name='Deadpool']Well, i just left a Neutral feedback for a guy who basicly lied about the condition of the merchandise i was buying, and it took almost 3 weeks for him to ship it. He in turn left a Negative feedback on me and threatened me to remove the feedback i left for him!

Tell me how that is fair. That should be fixed.[/QUOTE]

If he sent you a threatening email then sent it off to ebay, they could remove the negative for that.

Already done. I have to wait a week while they investigate. He's a power seller so i doubt anything will come of it.

inetdvd (75110Feedback score is 50,000 to 99,999) Member is a PowerSeller.

Past 12 Months: 25979 positive. 423 neutral. 534 negative.

And he still has a 98% positive rating. It makes me sick. ALL the negative info should stay at the top of the account instead of getting purged. The power sellers sell so much crap that you never really get to see many of the negative comments.

[quote name='punqsux']i wish there was a function in the searc that excluded power sellers, since they never have any good deals anyways.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you know this or not, but search results can be customized to display store names along w/ shipping costs. That way it's easy to avoid auctions from power sellers or those who charge high shipping rates.

bread's done
Back