eBay Fraud Alert: Fake Xbox 360 Games

spidey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I ordered PDZ on eBay and it ended up being a pirated copy. Seller is from the US, ships from the US, and has decent prices on games. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the auction. The only way to find out is to receive the games. I knew there was something wrong when I received a bubble envelope thinner than a DVD case.

Pic (unresized, 56k warning):
Pic

So I sent him a firm email stating that it is illegal to sell copies on eBay and that I wanted a full refund. I'm awaiting a reply. If I don't get a reply within two days, I'll have to go through eBay/Paypal or through my CC.

The seller's eBay ID is: champion1665

Unfortunately this is pretty common on ebay, i'm hoping it's not as common with video games as it is with DVDS... I have recieved plenty of bootleg dvds, once I got a plain as day DVD-R disc.

I love how some sellers will only send you a disc and the artwork but no case. The reasoning? To save on shipping costs. Well, a game is less than 2lbs. while in the box which is pretty close to the cutoff point for first class mail to be shipped for $1.78 or something like that. What is the seller charging for shipping without the case?
$3.25
Wow, way to cut down your costs Ted!

The long and short of it is that you should never buy anything from any seller without a picture and without everything being like new. These people selling just the disc and sleever are obviously up to no good.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I didn't know they could Copy 360 games.[/QUOTE]
it is very easy actually. just need dual layer burner.

Wow, I don't understand how this seller has over 200+ feedback at 100% by conducting business this way! The only thing I can think of is that he issues refunds for unsatisfied customers AFTER they leave positive feedback?

Anyways, I would definitely leave a negative on this scammer if I were you...it would throw a monkey wrench into his whole operation.

He didn't pull his game auctions. They just happened to all end today.

I received an e-mail back from the seller and apparently they are a "company" and the person who wrote me the e-mail was one of the managers and had no idea what was going on. To top it off, he asks me what a pirated copy is and if the game I received was not working. I was then asked to give him my phone number to discuss this.

I sent a reply telling him what a pirated copy is along with the picture and asked for a refund.

There are going to be a lot of pissed off buyers since he had quite a few Xbox 360 game sales.

Did you try it out?

The age number looks like one I found on a Phoenix Wright my friend got me from Mexico back when it was SUPER rare.

Could be a foreign copy..I found a Project Gotham with some Spanish text and some similar stickers at a gamestop once

OP:

Can you do us a favor and try it out? I'm assuming your 360 is not modded, so if it doesn't work, it's a pirate copy. And if it does work, then it's a region-free copy.

Thanks.

yeah you got to try it out. if it doesnt work then hes phony. I mean unless your 360 wasn't modded or anything. I got a simpsons season 6 dvd one day. 5 DVDS not 4. In this rental lookin case, i told him this was pirated crap i was upset. BUT ACTUALLY, he prooved me wrong and told me it was the japense version, which he was completely right since there was an option to have the episode in complete japense :whistle2:X, i guess it was just a rare japenese version that was around when they first came out.

Because of the requests, I threw it into my 360. It comes up as unplayable disc. My 360 is not modded. It's not a region free copy.

The box art is a color photocopy and the edges aren't even cut that straight.

I received a reply from the same manager today and he is still says he didn't know about these pirated copies. Supposedly, he was lied to by a reputable distrbutor and that he would be issuing refunds to everyone since he has received numerous complaints. I haven't received my refund yet.

Read the return address in the picture. Goes like this:

Champion Integrity
2535 Trevor Ln
Colorado Springs, CO 80919

bah hahahaha

[quote name='arfin']In the listing, he states that the game is new, did your listing state that too op?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. If you check his recent feedback, people have been leaving him a positive for refunding money back to them.

Apparently, the guy really is out of the loop about Xbox 360 games and was tricked by a distributor.

I'm waiting for my refund.

EDIT: typo

[quote name='spidey']Absolutely. If you check his recent feedback, people have been leaving him a neg for refunding money back to them.
[/QUOTE]

So people left him a negative feedback after promptly being refunded?
ok.....
I must be blind because I don't see the negative feedback.

edit:
I'm guessing those negative feedback were "mutually withdrawn".

[quote name='wbc1228']So people left him a negative feedback after promptly being refunded?
ok.....
I must be blind because I don't see the negative feedback.

edit:
I'm guessing those negative feedback were "mutually withdrawn".[/QUOTE]

Typed too fast, I meant positive.

I bet the guy was trying a new scheme and got busted hard, so now he's trying to scapegoat it on his "distributor."

Smells like fish.

[quote name='Brian9824']This post is over 4 months old? Why are you posting here?[/quote]

I can ask you the same question...

I'm giving an update on the seller. And I'm curious to know why you even care... go find something better to do.

[quote name='Rozz']I can ask you the same question...

I'm giving an update on the seller. And I'm curious to know why you even care... go find something better to do.[/quote]

Because bumping topics 4+ months old that no one cares about is pretty damn annoying. I went to read this topic and saw that date and wasted time getting ready to help someone who has had his problem long since taken care of.

[quote name='Brian9824']Because bumping topics 4+ months old that no one cares about is pretty damn annoying. I went to read this topic and saw that date and wasted time getting ready to help someone who has had his problem long since taken care of.[/quote]
Thanks for taking teh interwebz so seriously

You might want to read the topic before trying to help someone next time though, or if it doesent interest you... don't respond. Simple as that.

bread's done
Back