eBay: Loose Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast Games

$4 isnt bad, it will cost him $2-3 for shipping, plus $50 for a bubble Mailer, and gas to get to the post office. If it was $4 with no combined, that would be a rip off. 

Huh, seems my forum preferences got switched up with the upgrade and I didn't get emailed replies and just now noticed the red "2" burning a hole in my retina in the upper right.

Yea, $4 for shipping a cartridge.  I get bubble mailers 2 for a $1, so that's $0.50, and I just got back from the post office and the most expensive cart to ship (based on distance from me) was $2.92, plus $0.90 for delivery confirmation.

So, for that one, it cost me $4.32, so I lost money on that one and thanks to eBay's policy these days to take a cut of shipping charges (because people were cheating the system when they weren't, and selling things for like $1 and charging $10 shipping), I lost even more money.

Thankfully, that was a cart that sold for more than $0.99.

Now, I had a buyer buy 3 games, so with my combined shipping as described in my listing, $4 flat plus $1 for each game, so $6, after packed in a box and bubble wrapped (I'm not about to throw 3 carts in a single bubble mailer), the automatic postage unit said it was going to be $9.  I brought that one back home and will go back when they are open to ship Media Mail (which you can't do through the machine) and should get me to where I'm not totally screwed on shipping costs.

When I cleared out a vast majority of my duplicate Master System and 32X games, last year I think, it was the first time I sold things on eBay in a while, and I went in blindly not realizing they took a cut of shipping these days and stupidly listed everything with starting prices of $0.01.  A few games sold for that, and some from buyers that bought just a single game.

So, yea, and the end of the day on that one, I was paying people to take my games.  Lesson learned  :)

I'm always honest with my shipping costs.  With international shipping, I give people a link to the USPS website for their country and an average weight per game so they can get an idea of the actual cost based upon how many they want to buy.  Then I do an actual weight on what they win and charge actual shipping costs.

I'm not out to make money on shipping like some.  I'm just not out to lose money on it.  My only neutral feedback on eBay ever was from someone upset over shipping costs, even though the price on the label matched what they paid (so it's not like I pocketed cash), and when I called them on it, they simply said, well, they bought something completely different from someone else and paid less.

You can't win them all, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back