eBay: New Media Pricing Effective Feb. 20

freakyzeeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
The following was in my eBay inbox today... This, of course, coming from eBay.

New Media Pricing Effective February 20

...We heard your comments about the need for media and category-specific pricing and are accelerating our plan to phase it in. This fee cut will coincide with the site-wide pricing changes previously announced (see Basic Fees and Feature Fees) and will take effect on February 20.

In the Books, Music, Movies and Video Game software categories, we will be offering even lower insertion fees for the first three insertion tiers as follows:

Starting Price | Current Fee | New Lower Fee
$0.01 - 0.99 (auction-style only) | $.20 | $.10
$1.00 - 9.99 (auction-style & fixed price) | $.40 | $.25
$10.00 - 24.99 (auction-style & fixed price) | $.60 | $.35

So.... What do you guys think? I don't one don't really care about eBay anymore. New FVF fees and feedback changes really turned me off from selling on eBay again. Just put this up for those who are interested...

So.... What do you guys think? I don't one don't really care about eBay anymore. New FVF fees and feedback changes really turned me off from selling on eBay again. Just put this up for those who are interested...

I think you pretty much summed it up. I'd rather sell most of my stuff to a CAG for a few bucks less, knowing I haven't contributed anything to eBay's coffers.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think you pretty much summed it up. I'd rather sell most of my stuff to a CAG for a few bucks less, knowing I haven't contributed anything to eBay's coffers.[/QUOTE]

agreed, ebay pretty much has gone downhill after other sites have popped up offering hte same services. When ebay was in its heydey and had a monopoly, sure, now... not so much.

I like that Games cost less to list, but the FVF still screws you on the end.... just not as much now. I would like to sell more on CAG than to give eBay my money hand over fist.

Eh 10 cents less over the course of 10 items sold still saves me a dollar here and there. Works for me.

I'm just throwing in delivery confirmation for all my orders and forcing people to verify their address in paypal so I don't have any issues, and when the rare occurrence of lost mail occurs, well thats when they should have paid for insurance.

Holy crap I didn't realize how bad the new final value fees were till I did some math.

It looks like this my math isn't ultra good so I'm probably off a few cents:

$2.18 now to sell a item at $25 + Paypal fees of 2.9% + $0.30 USD = $1.02 + $2.18 = $3.20 just in fees to sell a item of $25 on eBay.

Looking at my slip for shipping it cost me about $2.50 in average to ship first class with delivery confirmation. So thats $5.70 and it costs me about 40 cents or so for the packaging to ship. so im losing money now, not including time i spent to prepare the auction as well as waiting in line, driving, etc. to sell it. Keep in mind I'm "over charging" for $6 in S&H fees which still puts me in the red now.

bread's done
Back