Ebay Notice!?

TheCorw1313

CAGiversary!
Can someone please tell me wtf these means?

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear ......... ([email protected]):

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from sulljr through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.

Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions. We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
[/FONT]

I get a few of these. The email itself is legit because I get the same alert in My Ebay.

Sometimes you get asked a question by a potential buyer which isn't really a question. Something along the lines of: Hi, I am a wholesaler in mp3 players, etc etc, please visit this website.

Ebay sees that and sends you this form letter warning you of the scam.

iconWarnRed_16x16.gif
eBaySP NOTICE: eBay Ask Seller a Question or Contact eBay Member AlertJan-09Mar-10
iconOpenedMail.gif

thats what it looks like in my ebay mallbox. Is the seller a scam or is the email a scam?

Edit: i sent an email asking a qyestion to a seller, im very confused now if the goods are fake or if its a scam, or is ebay saying dont sell shit through email?

You can always forward any suspicious e-mail to [email protected] and they'll get back to (very quickly too) letting you know if it was legit or not.

I've received the same message (same reason as invinceable104)

I'd guess the guy you sent the message to has mass SPAMMED eBayers with crap so eBay is sending that form letter to everyone that either was contacted by him or sent a message to him.

Although I just checked and he's not NARU'ed which is a little surprising to me.

In your message did you offer to buy stuff outside of the listing? Or did he make that offer back to you? I'd never do that through eBay's messaging as it is definitely against their ToS. (Do that through normal e-mail if you must.)

Then I'd guess they sent it to everyone that asked a question about that listing before it got pulled? I'd say it's not anything you have to worry about.

bread's done
Back