ebay payment question

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I have a BIN that ended but now the buyer is claiming something about problems with his credit card and wants to pay with money order. Does this sound shady to anyone? Is it a fairly common occurrence? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds legit. I'd say the worst case scenario is that he is trying to back out of the deal and not pay you. But assuming he really is just having trouble paying with his credit card, money order is a fine and safe way to receive payment.

actually have heard of rare instances where people get phony money orders. So if you do go ahead with that payment method, make sure it can be cashed before you ship anything.

make sure you dont accept western union money order. If possible tell them to get it from USPS, since thats from the government. Other wise I would trust money order a lot more than paypal.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I thought eBay got rid of money orders as a payment option?[/quote]

I believe they did but if it means completing the sale and I don't get screwed then I'm for it. Plus, that's a few more bucks that ebay can't rape me for.

Postal Money Orders (or even Wal-Mart MO's) are good, much better than checks.

If you want to avoid this in the future with BIN auctions, check off the "Paypal Payment Required Immediately" option. They won't be able to complete the BIN auction and "win" until they successfully pay for it.

I usually have that activated on any BIN listing, but also mention in the auction listing itself that I can take it off upon request if you would like to send an MO instead.

One of my biggest eBay irks is someone who wins a BIN auction, and then pays with Paypal 2 days later. That one is right above the person who "snipes" a BIN auction. It's been sitting there for 6 days and 23.5 hours, and you're buying it now???

bread's done
Back