Ebay/Paypal Question

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So I am ready to use ebay for the first time (flame away).

I have had an ebay account for two years and a paypal account for about a year now. I haven't linked the two together, which I realize I'm gonna have to do. When I'm getting ready to do that, I get this message:

Log in and sign up to use your PayPal account to automatically pay for your eBay selling fees each month. You can review or cancel this billing agreement at any time by logging in to your PayPal account and accessing your Profile

So, if I'm reading this right, they take out the selling fees once a month in one big sum instead of right when you sell it?

[quote name='Flyersfan']So I am ready to use ebay for the first time (flame away).

I have had an ebay account for two years and a paypal account for about a year now. I haven't linked the two together, which I realize I'm gonna have to do. When I'm getting ready to do that, I get this message:

So, if I'm reading this right, they take out the selling fees once a month in one big sum instead of right when you sell it?[/quote]

You are correct.

yup
personally i manually do it everytime (even tho i have it set on auto)for peace of mind, and so i dont all of a sudden lose paypal credit when i least expect it

Ok, thanks guys.

One last question before I'm off to bed.

How and when will it show my paypal balance on my ebay account? I did what you guys said about 15 minutes ago, and it still says $0.00. I want to sell something tomorrow, do they need to take a few cents out of my paypal account to verify it, or am I supposed to send the money I need for the insertion fee and final value fee over to ebay from paypal using the one time payment option?

nah, it bills you at the end of each month in one large sum. It calculates what your item sells for, and you have to pay a fee based on that too. I have it setup to automatically take the money out of my bank account which is much easier in my opinion that having paypal do it.

I have my eBay fees covered by a credit card. Might as well get cash back on it ;). (I pay the balance off every month).

I never even thought of using PayPal to pay eBay fees. You don't HAVE to do that, you know. It was just an option they pushed on you. It is cheaper for them to do it that way since they are just moving money around in house - as opposed to a credit card where they lose a percentage. Personally I like to think of them losing the fees on the credit card payment since they gouge so much on PayPal fees (especially when someone pays me with a PayPal balance which costs them zilch to transfer).

[quote name='io']I have my eBay fees covered by a credit card. Might as well get cash back on it ;). (I pay the balance off every month).

I never even thought of using PayPal to pay eBay fees. You don't HAVE to do that, you know. It was just an option they pushed on you. It is cheaper for them to do it that way since they are just moving money around in house - as opposed to a credit card where they lose a percentage. Personally I like to think of them losing the fees on the credit card payment since they gouge so much on PayPal fees (especially when someone pays me with a PayPal balance which costs them zilch to transfer).[/quote]

I do mine the same way. Every month my eBay fees are billed to my credit card.

bread's done
Back