eBay Price History

Quite interesting to read, ive never been a big ebay user but im sure someone will find these useful!

GREAT WORK dude. thankyou very much!
browsing the xbox360 data page i can note some things:
1. is this a gathering of pucrhases on EBAY.CO.UK alone or on the whole EBAY network?
2. prices are indeed very low... the used market is breaking ne low levels
3. list apperas to be missing some titles though... no Tiger Woods 2009 ? strange

all in all thumbs up :)

Am I missing something? All I see on the site is links to eBay.

edit: Ah okay, working in Internet Explorer - the table doesn't appear for me in Firefox.

[quote name='StealthSoul']Am I missing something? All I see on the site is links to eBay.

edit: Ah okay, working in Internet Explorer - the table doesn't appear for me in Firefox.[/quote]

Yeah i found that... i ended up tweaking the code in firebug :)

In reply to babaz75:
1. This is sales in Ebay.co.uk only. US figures can be found at http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/
2. Prices can be very low, although what surprises me more is when I find items selling for more than shop price. An example is Viva Pinata that has been available for a while at under £5, but still sells for over that on eBay.
3. There are titles missing. First categorising items is done automatically so new games have to be added to the database. Secondly, if identified sales are below a certain level (can happen for very new or very old games) they are left out of the tables.

In reply to StealthSoul:
I realised this a while ago but don't know yet how to go about sorting it out. So far the site hasn't had much interest so haven't put much time into it.

There are quite a few ways I would like to develop the site, including analysis of general price trends (e.g. there are very strong seasonal variations), deeper analysis of price data for buyers and sellers. I also plan to add data from CEX and other outlets. Whether or not I get round to any this depends completely on whether it gets many visits.

In response to wickedmental:
I will add Wrestlemania when I add April data, possibly this weekend. Since you asked so nicely though I did the calculations manually, and the figures are

Xbox 360 Lo=£29.00 Med=£31.00 Hi=£36.95
PS3 Lo=£30.07 Med=£32.97 Hi=£37.91

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to babaz75: I will also add Tiger woods 2009 next time. The March figures are

Xbox 360 Lo=£15.50 Med=£17.77 Hi=£21.00
PS3 Lo=£17.62 Med=£20.50 Hi=£24.38
PS2 Lo=£12.99 Med=£17.38 Hi=£18.93
Wii Lo=£16.91 Med=£20.10 Hi=£22.99

[quote name='SirStuie']Good stuff, makes ebay much more useful for me.

Would be nice if it worked in firefox though :)[/quote]

I promise to look into that when I have time (I have no idea how much effort it will take). Before that I have to add a lot of new games that are missing. I also want to add data from CEX.

[quote name='SirStuie']Good stuff, makes ebay much more useful for me.

Would be nice if it worked in firefox though :)[/quote]

It now works in Firefox, but it is still ugly. Oh well, one step at a time.

Mate, this is a fantastic tool for making sure your not paying over the odds on ebay. Keep up the great work :applause:

Yeah it is great, used it to pick up Valkyria Chronicles for a good price.

Still ugly as f**k though.

[quote name='SirStuie']Yeah it is great, used it to pick up Valkyria Chronicles for a good price.

Still ugly as f**k though.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, not really enough traffic to make it worth my while tidying it up at the moment. :lol:

July data has just been added now by the way.

the update effort i really much appreciated. very nice, aggregated data.
i'd like to promote in some way your site, if only i could

[quote name='DrEru']Oh well, not really enough traffic to make it worth my while tidying it up at the moment. :lol:

July data has just been added now by the way.[/QUOTE]

Hey DrEru, I've just created a very similar eBay UK game price tracking site, figure we may be able to help each other. About to PM you now...

August data added. If I have the time and motivation this month I will try to update things a little, maybe add some new material. I notice that there are quite a few new games missing from the tables.

Data from September added.

Please be slightly cautious of the data at the moment. The list of games I am coding to is a little out of date and there are some anomalies (e.g. Halo 3 and ODST being confused). I am in the process of switching over to a new, more efficient, coding algorithm which should take effect sometime this month.

Website updated again. A load of new games added. Of course by new I mean released since the last update, which was a while ago. New prices for October added as well. Good hunting.

bread's done
Back