eBay: Problem with item I bought 10 months ago.

topplehat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know I know, after reading that you would think "well tough." But let me explain.

Back in December of 2009 I won an auction for a netbook that came loaded with a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and Office 2007. Today I get the notice in Windows that my copy is not genuine, and upon trying to validate it, get told that my serial is no good.

What am I supposed to do here? It's obvious now that I was not sold a legit copy of Windows 7 (and probably Office for that matter). Had I known this before buying, I probably would not have purchased this particular auction.

[quote name='helluvagood']there are easy ways to fix that problem, but I won't talk about it here ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh yes oh yes I know, but when something is advertised as having Windows 7 installed you would hope it's the real thing.

It's too late to open a dispute with eBay and most likely your credit card company, so you're out of luck.

Maybe it is genuine, but whoever sold it to you is using it with that same product key on another one of their computers, which might trigger that message.

I sent him a message seeking some sort of partial refund, he responded asking how much I thought would be fair, so I gave him a number and we'll see what he says.

But yeah, since it's over 90 days I can't see the auction itself anymore, it's mostly too late.

bread's done
Back