ebay problem

TornadoXL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well i received an item from a seller and it is broken. I sent it back and he got it and he wants a postive feedback first what should i do?

Tell him that if the refund is not processed you will be filing a complaint. Then file one with eBay and make sure that you state that you have not received a refund as promised and the seller is holding it until you leave positive feedback.

I'm not an eBay policy expert anymore, but I'm pretty sure that the seller will get busted for this.

Since you haven't left the feedback you hold the power now. Don't, under any circumstances, leave that feedback until you are satisfied. If you do, you are screwed because you won't have recourse.

TBW

PS Does the seller have high feedback? If they are new, the negative will hurt them more...keep that in mind.

No he is not new he was more and he left feedback for me already. If i leave a positive will he give me a refund because that is all i want

Tell him you'll leave positive feedback once you get a refund. Why should you leave him good feedback if he still has your money + the item.

So he sent you an e-mail making this demand? Even better was it through the eBay message service?

This is pretty clear feedback abuse IMO and should be against eBay's rules.

I'd go with what everyone else has said. Be polite but just say that your feedback should have nothing to do with him processing the refund as agreed and you expect to be refunded asap. Also mention that you don't leave feedback until the transaction is complete and it certainly is not complete until you get the refund. If you don't hear from him in a day or two or he still demands feedback first you could try first pointing him to eBay's policy on FB extortion or just go to eBay with a complaint.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

The examples and wording there are all from the stance of a buyer threatening a seller and also just mentions asking for something to be done or neg/neut feedback will be left, but I think this case should also fall under the policy.

As for your 2nd question. My guess is he is probably planning to give you the refund after you leave positive feedback but it's possible he's planning to bone you once he gets his positive feedback. Why expose yourself to that? It's a shitty thing for him to ask. It could be he's been burned by buyers leaving him negative after giving a full refund and doesn't want that to happen again, but oh well.

Anyway just politely ask for the refund asap and make it clear you don't feel positive feedback from you should be required by him before granting you the refund.

Although its not like ebay cares about feedback with disputes. I've known sellers who have lost ebay disputes for buyers claiming item was damaged AFTER they had left seller positive feedback

I had a problem with a person for feedback before. I sold a broken PS2 on ebay and the guy who bought it than told me taht he would only leave feedback if he could fix it. I sent him a e-mail telling him that he purchased it broken and if he couldnt fix it it was not my fault I delivered the item just ike I was supposed to. After that he left positive feedback for me

bread's done
Back