Ebay question

Here's what happened:

Can I be outbid by less than a full increment?

You can be outbid by less than a full increment. A winning bidder's maximum bid needs only to exceed the next highest maximum bid by one cent.

For example:
You're the first bidder and you place a maximum bid of $20.00. We’ll automatically bid on your behalf up to $20.00 against other bidders.
When a second bidder places a maximum bid of $9.00, your bid is automatically raised to $9.50.
When a third bidder bids $20.01, this bidder becomes the high bidder at $20.01. The third bidder needs only to exceed your next automatic bid amount of $10.00 ($9.50 plus $0.50). Since $20.01 is more than $10.00, and is also more than your maximum bid, the third bidder becomes the winning bidder, unless you raise your bid.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html#outbid

You only need to bid at least one increment over the showing bid; in your case, when you were in the lead, the current bid would have been showing as $13.50, and the minimum acceptable bid at that point would be $14.00 (after a bid increment of $0.50). The person who won the auction placed a bid over the minimum of $14.00.

Oh nevermind, I see what happened now, thanks. For some reason, I thought my current bid was at $15.02, but it was actually at $13.50. I thought I was outbid at $15.02 instead of the $13.50. Now it makes sense.

DUDE.... EXOsquad...YES. I had so many of them. One of the best constructed toys I have seen. Good luck in battling for the next one!

bread's done
Back