Ebay: Seller trying to screw me with shipping.

Aganar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So I won an auction for DQIV and V the other day for little over the starting bid (about $32 total). By the shipping calculator included on the auction page, shipping would be around $8 to me (which seems fairly steep to send two bloody DS games from Minnesota to Virginia--but I figured whatever, that's still only $40 for two like-new, OOP games). When I request the invoice he first charges me $11 for shipping, which I email him about, because evidently he was trying to ship to my Louisiana address instead of my Virginia address. Now he emails back saying he's adjusted it for VA, yet when I consult the invoice, he now wants a whopping $13 for shipping.

I've emailed him back saying $13 is far higher than the shipping calculator on his page listed and is, frankly, ridiculous. The games were listed as one item, so he can't pull the "you're paying separate shipping on each game" card, and considering he's only sending priority mail, there's no reason it should be this high. My personal inclination is that he's overcharging for shipping because he didn't fetch as much for the auction as he would've liked (his BIN price was $60 for the two).

What can I do if he refuses to budge? I'm not paying $13 for two frickin' games. If by some miracle it actually does cost him that much to ship, it's his flub for having an inaccurate shipping calculator, not mine.

2 games shipping for $13 domestic!? wth lol unless he does flat rate priority (no idea why he would lmao) it should be ~$5-7 for priority. But yeh because it says $8 on his calculator..i dont think he has any reason to charge u anymore, wuts funny is he fixed the $11 and charged u more. i think u can definitely try to dispute it there, sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

http://www.usps.com/

Go to the USPS website. Calculate postage. Type in your zip code and his. Type in the weight of the items (8 ounces?). Select package. Staple the results to his forehead.

I agree with StarOcean, definitely dispute that, there's no way it's $13 for two DS games. It's definitely more around the $5-7 range.

I've shipped up to three PS3 games at a time with a Priority Small Box, and the shipping was only $5.49 and it was from Texas to Viriginia.

Two DS games priority mail flat rate envelope (any weight) would be under $5. but give him up to $2 more allowance for time/handling etc and say $7.50. beyond that tell him to screw off. you should be able to pay directly from ebay without using his invoice i would think. link the auction if you dont mind.

seller hasnt replied since 14th. maybe he figured it out. not worth bumping / replying to till he does.

Sellers charge for time, buying boxes (not everyone can go behind a store and find 1000 boxes to ship all their stuff), tape, gas driving to and from the post office.

And in reality, most people do not want sealed games send in bubble mailers for $5-$6, they'd rather a box with padding and such which would cost more.

I'm sure if they arrived in a bubble mailer that was ripped and torn and they weren't sealed you would throw a huge fit and say how horrible his shipping was and how you wished he shipped better.

Moral of the story, can't make everyone happy and it seems you're one of those right now.

If I want to ship in anything other than a bubble mailer and not use the LetterMail it will cost be at least $6-7 for one game and closer to $9-$10 for two in Canada.

This is the reason I try not to bid on auctions without a set price for shipping. IMO, ebay should make it a rule where all auctions have a set price for shipping, or at the very least, a max. ship price so the customer knows what they're getting into before bidding.

Yea, if he doesnt budge on the shipping thing, do what I did and just email them saying it was stated as the first price, then tell them you wont pay if they keep charging you more. Someone tried to tack on 10 bucks once but the shipping price and final price was already settled and paid for, then they BSed about giving them 10 MORE bucks. I said ill pay what was listed and no more and that I want the money back if they wont accept that. In other words, just tell them straight up youll only pay whats stated.

bread's done
Back