ebay Shipping charge policy

And he has the nerve to offer insurance as optional at $3.00. You would think with an $80 shipping charge, they could include insurance.

Fee dodging: the tool of choice for bootleggers, assholes, and just plain dishonest people. It is dishonest, and I was very tempted to report some bootleggers/fee dodgers to ebay whilst scoping out the competition on Rurouni Kenshin DVD sales last week. But, I don't know how... ^^;

second summer internet garage sale (last year I worked with a now-dead family account), still feeling like a noob.

[quote name='b3b0p']So, why and how do so many people get away with this?[/QUOTE]

They get away with it because someone has to report the auction for ebay to take note and if that happends they wait a few days and relist it, it's the same thing you get with modded xboxs.

To report fee evasion:

Go HERE

Then click the Email link and you can report up to 10 auctions at a time. Everyone should know how to do this and use it as often as necessary. Any time you find a seller that is overcharging to avoid fees they should be reported.

what is the difference! psp for 249.99 buy it now with free ship or psp for .01 with 249.99 shipping. The buyer is not hurt, ebay gets less listing and final value fee's. My rule is if the auction looks suspicious or i do not like the listing, description, feedback of seller etc. i simply do not bid! I have allot better things to do then help out ebay for free.

I asked them this question through ebay. just to piss him off I never did that. I would have something that I bought for 100 I would sell it for 130 and have free shipping. I never did the reverse and charge 400 for shipping.

This item has 80 dollar shipping. do you ship it overnight. does that explain the price of shipping

He email me back and was honest, and for that I would buy from him. this is a cut and paste from my email.

Dear jkbd33,

You asked:
"This item has 80 dollar shipping. do you ship it overnight. does that explain the price of shipping"

No. It's sort of a set profit that I will make. Shipping will be done with a 1-3 day shipping period. It takes about 24 hours for me to ship the item at first. Shipping is already entered into the $80. That's why bidding started at .99$. Sorry for any confusion.

[quote name='bluekeith75']what is the difference! psp for 249.99 buy it now with free ship or psp for .01 with 249.99 shipping. The buyer is not hurt, ebay gets less listing and final value fee's. My rule is if the auction looks suspicious or i do not like the listing, description, feedback of seller etc. i simply do not bid! I have allot better things to do then help out ebay for free.[/QUOTE]

Because all the rest of us have to pay fees when we list items, if enough people do this ebay will simply start taking a cut of shipping fees or regulate shipping costs to increase its profit, both of which I would prefer not to happen.

I agree with zion - I charge fair shipping and take fees on my ending value like most honest sellers - consider this guy reported ;)

So I asked "Can I do local pickup?"
His responce:

Depends on were you live. I live in the East Windsor Nj area. If you also live in that area I don't see why not. I don't drive so the location would have to be close to were I live. If I did do a local pickup I would take 10$ off the shipping cost.

I had a friend who sold an ipod for a "buy it now" of $1, and charged $350 for shipping. Pretty funny actually. Ebay didn't pull the auction so I guess its alright.

This is definately YMMV. It's definately against policy and it definately hurts sellers who charge less S&H or the actual S&H of an item. At the same time, there isn't enough time in the day for me to sit here and report every auction like that (I'm also not a NARC).

I also am not going to cry if ebay loses out on some of it's fees though, because they are a rip-off. The only ones truly making any kind of real money is ebay/paypal (same company).

[quote name='bluekeith75']what is the difference! psp for 249.99 buy it now with free ship or psp for .01 with 249.99 shipping. The buyer is not hurt, ebay gets less listing and final value fee's. My rule is if the auction looks suspicious or i do not like the listing, description, feedback of seller etc. i simply do not bid! I have allot better things to do then help out ebay for free.[/QUOTE]

Because Ebay wants their cut, and if they're not getting it from the liars, they'll make new rules that will ultimately screw over honest buyers. The most likely possibly I can think of is to no longer refund shippings costs in the case of NPBs or non-shipping sellers. Think of it: I buy PSP for penny and $250 shipping, and he never sends. If Ebay had such a rule, what would I get back? A penny. With no chance on the $249 shipping, unless I go through my bank/ credit card company (becuase Ebay owns Paypal, after all.) That would suck ass. Let's just make them follow the rules, huh?

bread's done
Back