[eBay] Shipping to Hawaii?

FeNoM91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Well, I have an auction up the day right before the strike. (Mario Hoops 3 on 3). I got a question in which the eBay member asked if I shipped to Hawaii. is shipping to Hawaii the same as the other 48 states? Is it more expensive? Can I use PayPal shipping?

Please help as much as possible! Thanks in advance.

a little more expensive, priority is like $5.75 or so within the lower 48 states. I sent a 1.5 lb item to HI last week and it was about $6.50.

AFAIK, same price for small items, but shipping for larger items (somewhere >1 lb) is more expensive. Also, don't bother with media mail unless there's significant savings on shipping, as it generally takes three times as long to arrive as compared to the lower 48.

[quote name='G33']AFAIK, same price for small items, but shipping for larger items (somewhere >1 lb) is more expensive. Also, don't bother with media mail unless there's significant savings on shipping, as it generally takes three times as long to arrive as compared to the lower 48.[/QUOTE]

This.

For stuff under 1 pound (anything that goes First class for example) the postage cost is the same to HI as anywhere else in the US. For stuff > 1 pound that uses zones I believe HI is going to be considered the max zones away (at least from the East coast anyway.) It's still not terrible.

You can play around with the USPS domestic postage caclulator just get a random HI zip code. Bottom line = I wouldn't sweat shipping to HI.

And I agree avoid shipping Media Mail to HI if you can. But if you offer Media Mail along with a faster option and the guy pays for Media Mail...

Thanks for the help. Wouldn't be a good deal as the shipping was going to cost almost half of what the game is worth! Thanks for ALL the help!!

Well yeah but they are paying for shipping, if they want it bad enough tell them to tack on 2 more bucks or something. I just recently shipped three dvd boxsets to Hawaii, had about 12 dvds and really it was only 12 bucks or so Media Mail, 13 something Priority, since I didn't plan properly ( charged 10 for shipping) I shipped media, took......... 3 weeks according to delivery confirmation.

[quote name='FeNoM91']Thanks for the help. Wouldn't be a good deal as the shipping was going to cost almost half of what the game is worth! Thanks for ALL the help!![/QUOTE]

How could that be the case on Mario Hoops? A DS game in a padded envelope is 4-5 ounces at most, and that is the same price to HI as anywhere else. Priority would be the same too ($4.60 for < 1lb) if the buyer wanted to pay for that. I've sent things to AK and HI before and they are the same as anywhere else (for stuff under 1 lb that is). As for priority and things over 1 lb, I've been screwed just sending to Ohio or New York (since I'm on the West coast) with the variable rates on 1lb+., so you need to watch out not just to HI/AK but other places as well.

[quote name='io']How could that be the case on Mario Hoops? A DS game in a padded envelope is 4-5 ounces at most, and that is the same price to HI as anywhere else. Priority would be the same too ($4.60 for < 1lb) if the buyer wanted to pay for that. I've sent things to AK and HI before and they are the same as anywhere else (for stuff under 1 lb that is). As for priority and things over 1 lb, I've been screwed just sending to Ohio or New York (since I'm on the West coast) with the variable rates on 1lb+., so you need to watch out not just to HI/AK but other places as well.[/quote]

Guy wanted 3 of my auctions and wanted me to ship together which would be roughly 1lb 2oz on my scale and thats w/o bubble mailer. He decided it wouldn't be worth it, but the item was bought before he could get back to me anyway.

[quote name='FeNoM91']Guy wanted 3 of my auctions and wanted me to ship together which would be roughly 1lb 2oz on my scale and thats w/o bubble mailer. He decided it wouldn't be worth it, but the item was bought before he could get back to me anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well, you didn't mention that part ;). Clearly that makes a huge difference, that little 2 ounces (bumps you into the zone-based pricing which can get out of hand).

[quote name='io']Ah, well, you didn't mention that part ;). Clearly that makes a huge difference, that little 2 ounces (bumps you into the zone-based pricing which can get out of hand).[/quote]

Yeh. It was gunna be pretty pricey. I actually have to send to AK now, but it'll be easier! Thanks for all the help guys! This can be closed if you want.

bread's done
Back