Ebays new policy 9/22 effective (and they are full of it too!)

thingsfallnapart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Did any of you see this message from Ebay today? Here it is as follows:

-----

Dear eBay Community Member,

I'm writing to let you know that the we've posted an updated eBay User Agreement to help us implement some policy changes. This agreement is effective immediately for new members registering on or after today, and on September 22, 2009, for current members.

The biggest change to the agreement covers our updated, expanded and renamed eBay Buyer Protection. eBay Buyer Protection offers coverage for more buyers and allows eBay to deduct amounts due to buyers under the program from seller PayPal accounts. If sellers don't have sufficient funds in their PayPal accounts, sellers will be asked to provide an alternate payment method. We've moved the bulk of the program details to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy, referenced in the User Agreement. For more information, you can review the Seller Release details announced July 27, 2009.

As with earlier updates to the User Agreement, we've made other minor changes to reflect eBay's current product and service offerings and industry legal standards. For example, we've made a few changes to the way we describe use of our catalog content.

You don't need to take any further action to accept the new User Agreement. If you don't wish to accept the new User Agreement, please refer to this Help page for instructions on how to close your account. We hope you find that these changes make eBay more useful for you.

Thanks for being a part of the eBay community!

Sincerely,

Scott Shipman
Senior Counsel
eBay Inc.

------

LOL They have got to be kidding.....they continue to screw the pants off sellers. I can see so many chargebacks coming now that buyers know the are all but assured getting their money back everything they make a bitch to paypal chargeback.

This is one of the reasons I don't want to use Paypal. If you don't have enough funds in your account when they do a chargeback they can send it to a collection agency. That is the type of thing that will stay on your credit report for years. I don't want some buyer to have that kind of power.

Sigh, Ebay is shit compared to what it used to be. Now they care more about high volume sellers than the little guy just selling stuff he doesn't want/need anymore.

You'd be surprised at how scared shitless people are when you put some force on their scams Dead of Knight. The moment you file a postal complaint and nail their ass for attempting a felony, they crumble like france.

[quote name='Gunslinger5000']Wow you mean people will now actually have to pay for stuff they decided to bid on about fucking time.[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with buyers really, basically saying that instead of getting in trouble with just paypal if you as a seller go screw you i'm not refunding squat and switch bank accounts now you get in trouble with ebay and paypal. Not sure why they even bother keeping separate names anymore, paypal might as well become ebay.com

[quote name='coolsteel']Has nothing to do with buyers really, basically saying that instead of getting in trouble with just paypal if you as a seller go screw you i'm not refunding squat and switch bank accounts now you get in trouble with ebay and paypal. Not sure why they even bother keeping separate names anymore, paypal might as well become ebay.com[/QUOTE]

Screwpay and gaybay. ftw.

Post Office Mail Fraud and federal offenses FTW. Lets make the post office really give it to these punks.

[quote name='Paco']Post Office Mail Fraud and federal offenses FTW. Lets make the post office really give it to these punks.[/QUOTE]

Who has the time. Old-school yard sale and thrift shops look better and better.

Oh internet, you had such promise.

[quote name='camoor']Who has the time. Old-school yard sale and thrift shops look better and better.

Oh internet, you had such promise.[/QUOTE]
Eh, as he said the threat is usually enough to clear things up most of the time. Usually the $20 they're scamming you out of on eBay isn't worth that much trouble.

I use Half.com and when someone tried to claim they didn't receive their item all I had to do was submit a DC number. Is that still the case on eBay or is this going to change that?

[quote name='JolietJake']I believe it's only a federal offense if you use the USPS though.[/QUOTE]

I almost always use USPS though.

bread's done
Back