EBGames.com 25% off Used Games/DVD Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next up on our tour of CAG, we have a thread about EBgames/Gamestop online used discounts, one of the most reliable topics in the CAG kingdom. Such threads get posted every single time the website runs this promo (at least one or twice a month). Once posted, CAGs flock to the thread to do one of the following:

1) Point out to the OP that such deals are awful because EBgames/Gamestop does not guarantee instruction manuals nor cases.

2) Reminisce about the good old days, when Ebgames restocked used games every morning, and those games were guaranteed to be complete.

3) Do everything in their power to emphasize that ~nobody~ cares about these deals.

Despite the enthusiasm of these champions of CAG-dom, people continue to repost the same promotion time and time again, only for it to be utterly bashed, and then ignored. A sad existence, but a true trademark of CAG nonetheless.

Moving to our next exhibit...

wampa8jedi, you forgot to mention that someone will post that the code AFF25 is back and still working, so you can get 25% off used at any time.

And then someone like me will post that they've gotten a few good deals from EB and sometimes you luck out.

Oh, and thank the OP for their efforts.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Next up on our tour of CAG, we have a thread about EBgames/Gamestop online used discounts, one of the most reliable topics in the CAG kingdom. Such threads get posted every single time the website runs this promo...[/quote]

And over here we have the equally reliable, if only temporary, GCO thread where every online store that uses Google checkout can be marked for anything.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Next up on our tour of CAG, we have a thread about EBgames/Gamestop online used discounts, one of the most reliable topics in the CAG kingdom. Such threads get posted every single time the website runs this promo (at least one or twice a month). Once posted, CAGs flock to the thread to do one of the following:

1) Point out to the OP that such deals are awful because EBgames/Gamestop does not guarantee instruction manuals nor cases.

2) Reminisce about the good old days, when Ebgames restocked used games every morning, and those games were guaranteed to be complete.

3) Do everything in their power to emphasize that ~nobody~ cares about these deals.

Despite the enthusiasm of these champions of CAG-dom, people continue to repost the same promotion time and time again, only for it to be utterly bashed, and then ignored. A sad existence, but a true trademark of CAG nonetheless.

Moving to our next exhibit...[/quote]
I think the worst thing was left unmentioned. No case or manual? That's fine and dandy...except they don't make sure to at least protect the damn discs in any kind of CD case or anything. I'd be more tempted to jump in on this if I wasn't so sure I was playing Russian Roulette with them regarding the working quality of the game. I've heard enough stories about people simply getting a disc inside of the envelope and having been scratched to high hell.

25% off sounds tempting, but it's not worth it if the condition of the discs aren't guaranteed to be in working condition.

[quote name='gunm']And over here we have the equally reliable, if only temporary, GCO thread where every online store that uses Google checkout can be marked for anything.[/QUOTE]

Where, where? I'll make some playful sarcastic remarks in that one too ;)

I wonder if online used game sales have been affected since the merger, or do the majority of people really not care what condition the game comes in.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Where, where? I'll make some playful sarcastic remarks in that one too ;)[/quote]

Don't worry, another one will be posted soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back