ebgames forgot to give me discount

boyboy1080

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
i looked at my reciept and they didnt give me the additional 10% on the trade ins and 10% off on the controller i bought.

i caught it at the store. i asked them if they could give me the discount but they told me since the transaction was done there was no way to give me the discount. i got pissed.

Is there a way to get the discount back from ebgames?

edit: i know its only 10% off but im a cheap ass.

I think you should be able to just do a return and then ask to rebuy the things so long as the promotions still apply and you have everything in order. I've had to do that twice in the past when an employee forgot to add in a promo or two on a large order of mine and they were quite nice about it.

The only problem is that, depending on the promo, it can take some time so some employees won't bother if A) they don't care or B) they have a long line and only a single register open. But if you get a sympathetic worker or happy worker it shouldn't necessarily be a problem.

go straight to the manager and talk about preordering games and look at the preorder binder and talk about how excited you are for halo 3 madden and (insert game you are not really gonna preorder here)

[quote name='secretvampire']You should have told them on the spot "I want to return everything I just bought." See if that got their attention.[/QUOTE]

That's what you should have done right there at the store. They have a 7 day return policy on all used products if you don't like it.

They're being assholes though. I had two instances like this. Once, with them not giving me a 10% discount on some used games and the other time they forgot o take off $5 of a guide (the promo was $5 off any guide). I mentioned it to them, they took my receipt and refunded the difference right then and there.

I've had moments where they would forget to scan the card and I wouldn't receive the 10% discounts. S'why I always check the receipt before leaving. As soon as I see that, I tell them about the error and pretty much always get it fixed whenever it happens.

Two words: Post Void. Unless you used a Credit/Debit card to pay any balance they could have just post voided the transaction and started over. Only works on same day purchases though, so it won't work when you go back.

[quote name='Tsukento']I've used a debit card before to pay for any undiscounted games. They simply voided the last transaction and redid it.[/quote]

It takes longer to put the money back into your account. That could be bad. That's why you shouldn't post void Credit/Debit.

As said before, post void will work as long as it isn't debit. Debit transactions WILL NOT be able to be voided. So, as far as getting the extra credit on the traded games, you're kind of SOL on that unless you are able to get back there today for the post void. Returning and rebuying will work for the games you just got though.

I tell you, the quality of these fuckers working the counters just pisses me off. I'm usually mild mannered and usually don't complain about anything, but I'm tired of these assholes who think they own the world because they work at a game store. But I guess them earning minimum wage, it really doesn't matter to them. I usually like them but some do make the whole chain look like a bunch of money hungry idiots.
Rant over.

Unless the game/controller are especially rare around you right now, I'd ask one more time, then return it all and buy it at another branch.

Seriously, this is NOT something hard for them to fix. At ALL. They return it, they re-sell it, and remember to scan your card and check for the discount this time. It's annoying, it's a lil' bit time-consuming, but it's their own fault for screwing up. Unless your Edge card's expired, this shouldn't be an issue at all.

I'd go ahead and call corporate too. (Save your reciepts, they can help idfentify the specific store.) I'm sure they'll have something to say to these guys about it, if this has been happening to others.

They do own the world. Their little LOTR world. See Clerks 2 for a further explanation.

My local mall has a giftcard program there where you can use the card at pretty much any shop in the mall. You'd think the geek behind the counter was going to throw a hissy fit when I went to pay with a couple of them. Hey nerd boy, I'm not buying these games to watch you soil your pants and throw a temper tantrum. I'm embarrassed just watching you be a baby about it.

Just return them and after it's all said and done, say now I'd like to re-buy them with the discount applied. And if they give you shit, get them fired. It's not like it's hard to find a replacement to scan items behind a cash register.

Oh and report them to the Better Business Bureau as well.

bread's done
Back