EBgames selling new games for cheap on Ebay?

52club

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Ok, so I used a buy it now option on MGS 4 on Ebay. The game was received today still sealed and the total price was $46 including UPS ground. The seller used next day air saver instead. It was a great deal, what is interesting is the return address is EB Games based out Louisville, KY on the UPS label. It also includes a packing list with an actual EB Games receipt showing my purchase info along with return information for EB Games. The seller doesn't have much feedback, but has selling new games well below MSRP. The ebay ID is tyson2000dancing. I'm wondering if this is EB Games. Also mentioning to other CAG's so they can take advantage of the great deals. MGS shipped to my door for $46 is great!!!

[quote name='rrrrrroger']What is the seller ID?[/quote]

It is in the original message,

s.gif
tyson2000dancing

He's a dropshipper. Sells the games/item on Ebay, and then immediately orders them from ebgames.com.

[quote name='Access_Denied']You guys are all wrong. The games are obviously being donated, and he's selling them for charity.[/quote]

Where does it say that? I just scanned 3 auctions and found nothing about charity. He could be pocketing the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
That drop and ship theory seems to be the case to me. I'm surprised I didn't think of that. I'm not sure I'll order any more games from him. The day will come when he decides to burn ebay and its buyers.

[quote name='52club']That drop and ship theory seems to be the case to me. I'm surprised I didn't think of that. I'm not sure I'll order any more games from him. The day will come when he decides to burn ebay and its buyers.[/quote]

Was EB running some huge discount on MGS4 then? I don't think EB offers regular drop shipping services to people so this guy must have been buying them on EB to ship to the customers. But that wouldn't make any money with the regular EB prices.

[quote name='jjgames']Was EB running some huge discount on MGS4 then? I don't think EB offers regular drop shipping services to people so this guy must have been buying them on EB to ship to the customers. But that wouldn't make any money with the regular EB prices.[/quote]

It would, if he was using a stolen credit card...paypal goes directly to his bank account, and the loser is the original owner of the card.

[quote name='rrrrrroger']He's a dropshipper. Sells the games/item on Ebay, and then immediately orders them from ebgames.com.

Where does it say that? I just scanned 3 auctions and found nothing about charity. He could be pocketing the money.[/quote]
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I forgot to put the roll eyes smiley. I figure it couldn't be that hard to decipher anyway.

Yes, obviously it's stolen somehow. But who cares? You're getting it cheaper. Buy from him again.

I would have to also say its a stolen card. Don't remember GS having any deals on MGS4 and as tight as they are on selling multiple copies, I would be surprised if he got that many at a discounted price.

He might have a giftcard or some unused balance off of traded games that he wants to convert to cash thus using this dropship method of selling.

Hes not a scam. I bought Dark Sector from him at release for $40 shipped. Game really fast and also with the EBGame packing slip.

[quote name='NJMane']Hes not a scam. I bought Dark Sector from him at release for $40 shipped. Game really fast and also with the EBGame packing slip.[/quote]

Maybe not scamming you, but he could be scamming someone else, purchasing items on a stolen card.

[quote name='NJMane']Hes not a scam. I bought Dark Sector from him at release for $40 shipped. Game really fast and also with the EBGame packing slip.[/quote]

Wouldn't this just further the belief that it was a credit card theif??

[quote name='muhsheesuh']He might have a giftcard or some unused balance off of traded games that he wants to convert to cash thus using this dropship method of selling.[/quote]

Sure...
That's because Gamestop gives you all of that money when you trade in games. Oh wait, they give you next to nothing, so that doesn't add up either. And it makes so much sense that he's selling $60.00 games on street sale date, for sometimes $20.00 under msrp.

Yeah, you keep living in that dream world of yours...

Could be stolen credit card or it could be someone who's got tons of credit with them trying to convert to cash. Just look at the BBV/GS threads on the deal page. Plenty of flippers there who could be doing it.

Could the naive people be given any more evidence?

He's not dropshipping because to be able to sell a $60 game for $45, he'd have to be getting them for atleast $30 to make a decent profit of like $10. That could be a wholesaler except...

EBGames/Gamestop would NEVER sell discounted games on eBay for $10 profit that they could easily sell in store for the MSRP and get more if that were the case.

Who cares if you buy stolen goods for low prices? Well you should because they have every right to reclaim the stolen merchandise and then you're out $45.

[quote name='Raymond']If you got the game from him. I don't see the problem.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the seller is using a stolen credit card to purchase the games, then you're buying stolen goods.

bread's done
Back