EBgames & The Circled Bottom of Receipt Thing They Do

Bamm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know this came up recently, but can't find the thread it was in. If an employee forgets to circle the bottom of the receipt, what exactly does that net you again? Is it an extra 10% off a used game only, or does it apply to systems as well? Just curious since my brother is planning on getting some stuff there soon, and wanted to use the uncircled receipt that I have here. The employee who forgot to do the circling didn't seem like they want to be there too much anyway, so I doubt it'd cause any real bad blood or anything.

It's an additional 10% on your next trade-in. Also it may get the employee who forgot to circle the receipt get fired. Use it wisely...

[quote name='matsam']It's an additional 10% on your next trade-in. Also it may get the employee who forgot to circle the receipt get fired. Use it wisely...[/QUOTE]

Flat out fired, or would that only be after they've had a few warnings?

I suppose it needs to be used at the location where the receipt came from then? Also, would there be a time limit on using it or is it good after say, a year?

I'm pretty sure this policy is gone, all of the stores around here have removed the signs with all of the details plus the barcode they are supposed to use for it doesn't work anymore.

policy has been gone for a long while. its circled as a "call out" to used games and trading in games. its to get your attention that's all

How about the stupid circle stickers they INSIST on putting on used games? I once asked NOT to put that damn sticker, cause it's hard to take off and in some instances, can damage the packaging (It was for The Dark Spire, NDS). The employee flipped out and told me it's PROCEDURE, he HAS TO DO IT and if I don't like it, I should go elsewhere.

That was the last time I shopped there, too. fuck EB Games.

It's gone? Really? When I told the EB employees like 2 weeks ago I had an uncircled receipt, they looked pretty concerned about who it was from, and they told me about the 10% thing, too. Maybe they don't know it's over?

[quote name='jeffx']How about the stupid circle stickers they INSIST on putting on used games? I once asked NOT to put that damn sticker, cause it's hard to take off and in some instances, can damage the packaging (It was for The Dark Spire, NDS). The employee flipped out and told me it's PROCEDURE, he HAS TO DO IT and if I don't like it, I should go elsewhere.

That was the last time I shopped there, too. fuck EB Games.[/QUOTE]

I was told that once too, though he didn't flip out ;)

I try and take it off as soon as possible, the fresher it is, the less sticky residue gets left behind. If you can take it off as soon as you leave the store you might not have any problems.

They always leave a circular scratch on the game case when they do that. Why can't they circle the receipt on the table :( /ocd

10% policy is no more and normally if you tell a employee you don't want the sticker and understand that with out it you can not return the game then they should be fine with it.

[quote name='Ranzo']10% policy is no more and normally if you tell a employee you don't want the sticker and understand that with out it you can not return the game then they should be fine with it.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's what usually happens from what I've seen.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']I try and take it off as soon as possible, the fresher it is, the less sticky residue gets left behind. If you can take it off as soon as you leave the store you might not have any problems.[/QUOTE]

This is all good to know. It was sort of a gimmicky policy anyway.

There has been discussion on how to remove sticker residue. Peanut butter, baby oil, Goo Gone. The sticker that just got peeled off is usually a good start, then I use baby oil for the tough stuff.

The circle sticker is never too bad for me - it's the OTHER yellow stickers (price, alternate UPC, yellow spine marker) that are a pain to take off.

Yeah I hate trying to peel those yellow stickers off.. by far the worst of any store price stickers. Did I read somewhere that they have newer stickers now that don't stick so badly though?

[quote name='TripleQ']Yeah I hate trying to peel those yellow stickers off.. by far the worst of any store price stickers. Did I read somewhere that they have newer stickers now that don't stick so badly though?[/QUOTE]

In the States they have the better stickers that peek right off. The only time I can easily get the stickers off easily is if the games were trade in recently.
Any I have too much trouble with when I trade in games I switch the cases and give EB back the stickered one.

The sticky stuff comes off easily with Acetone (Nail Polish Remover).
Not even close. If that worked for you, then you bought a game that had sticker place on a mere moments before you walked in store.

Using a hair dryer to heat sticker before pulling it off helps prevent tearing, and takes a large portion of glue, but I have not really found anything that 100% removed the residue glue.

The thing that pisses me off about it, is EB's refusal to acknowledge that the stickers suck that make me mad. For new games I refuse to buy it there if not in celophane. For used, I ask if they have a case without sticker I can swap with. If they tell me how easy it is to just pull off sticker, I make a deal. I'll by the game if you get the sticker off without glue. They can never do it. I have seen them pull out nail polish remover, hand lotion, baby oil, etc. I hate to be a dick, but maybe the info will flow uphill to the CSO (Chief Sticker Officer) of EB.

~S

I bought a gutted "new" Tropico 3 for the 360 a few days ago and I was surprised how easily the stickers came off. The round sealing sticker didn't leave any glue while the pricing sticker, though a pain to take off and did leave some glue behind, was relatively easily taken off too.

I used the sticker itself to take off the glue and it worked like a charm. Looks clean as well.

I've never had a problem with the clear circle stickers they put on used (or gutted) games though.. just grab it from the edge of the case (not the front or back) and it comes off without any residue or scarring of the case plastic.

You guys are missing the point. The Dark Spire comes in a CARDBOARD BOX. They put the price on top of it AND the circle sticker even though it was NEW. You can not remove the sticker easily afterwards, in fact I tried and ripped off a bit of the box so I said screw it, this one's gonna stay on.

I'm 100% aware that stickers come off "easily" with lighter fluid, but still, why the HELL do I have to do this? Just don't put the sticker in the first place.

Whatever I haven't bought there since then.

You can also try blowdrying a sticker (you could try some other form of heat, but I wouldn't want you to try a lighter and accidentally burn something) to see if that helps the sticker come off more easily. Just make sure the game discs aren't in the case when you do it.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']In the States they have the better stickers that peek right off. The only time I can easily get the stickers off easily is if the games were trade in recently.
Any I have too much trouble with when I trade in games I switch the cases and give EB back the stickered one.[/QUOTE]

Don't be fooled, this isn't true at all. Either it comes off cleanly or just the top layer comes off and then you've got just the sticky crap that's even harder to remove than the original sticker. I keep a can of Goof-Off in my TV cabinet for this very reason, it works brilliantly.

The guys at my EB know me pretty well so they don't bother putting the sticker on at all =\. The same at my old workplace (another EB), my ex-coworkers and I never bothered putting stickers on for regulars and stuff.

I always trade my games back in a case with one of their used yellow stickers on it. I think when I traded in Borderlands (that I had bought new) I swaped it for the case from the used copy of Guitar Hero Aerosmith, so it had the yellow price sticker on the front and the yellow barcode on the back.

The dude scans the game, and I was laughing at the double-take he did.

"Borderlands? I think its still a $40 trade in." *scans - double take* "$1.25?!?!"

ya the sticker does suck, it ruined one of my game boxes but i went back to ebgames and asked for 2 empty ps3 game boxes and they gave it to me free of charge, even though i was gonna pay for it.

bread's done
Back